Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 draft thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts


  • Comment


    • Did a 4 round mock draft just now, what do you all think of these results.

      15:EDGE CHASE YOUNG
      OHIO STATE

      46: WR JALEN REAGOR
      TCU

      77: C LLOYD CUSHENBERRY
      LSU

      83: LB MALIK HARRISON
      OHIO STATE

      96: DL RASHARD LAWRENCE
      LSU

      115: WR VAN JEFFERSON
      FLORIDA

      135: RB ENO BENJAMIN
      ARIZONA STATE

      Something tells me these mock draft simulators aren't all that accurate...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

        I remember last year when the Broncos’ only two options were to trade the farm to move up for Kyler Murray, or pay Nick Foles franchise QB money.
        False.
        1. I said I thought Kyler Murray was the only QB who profiled as an NFL Franchise QB, and that I'd pick him #1 overall.
        2. I thought Foles was the best FA QB, never said anything about "paying him franchise QB money".
        3. I said that I liked Drew Lock's demeanor, but that he had to cleanup some issues with mechanics, which led to his poor college completion percentage. And I put a 2nd round grade on him.

        And I was spot on.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
          He claims there's only a handful of blue-chip players in this draft and they're all going to be gone before the 15th pick and he 'projects' that eight or nine of them will make the Pro Bowl, after which teams are left with the scraps of solid starters at best... and he can't possibly see a flaw with this analysis.

          Myopic was thrown out there earlier... do you know what it means, price?
          False.

          1. There are only a handful of elite blue chip players in any draft. And yes, true blue chippers are almost always picked in the top 10 (with rare exceptions).
          2. Most drafts average around 18-24 players with 1st round grades. It's an industry wide metric that everybody uses. In this draft, I have a tough time finding 15.
          3. In the NFL draft industry, players that don't have 1st ground grades are generally thought of as 'starters' or worse.

          I can understand why you would have a difficult time with my terminology if you don't even understand basic industry-wide NFL draft concepts. Don't worry, I'll try to dumb it down JUST FOR YOU.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

            That's good news. Looks like Becton has explosion. If he moves well at the combine, he could easily be a top 10 pick.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

              OK.


              so assume they don’t go CB. Who’s starting CB1 on the outside? A mid round rookie? Over priced older FA? Cause as of now there’s no one on either side. Just depth level players on the roster
              Chris Harris, Byron Jones, Logan Ryan, or I would assume the #15 overall pick. Don't worry about it, unless it ain't filled by the end of the first week of FA. We have options.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                Mock drafts are fun to look at before the combine but pretty meaningless IMHO. Unless Burrow gets hurt, he'll go number 1 (unless he completely craps the bed at the combine) but then there will be a lot of shifting around after the combine. You always have those guys who sky rocket up the draft board because they have a fantastic combine...
                Agreed. Also, they even change a little more after Pro Days. They really don’t mean anything until a couple of weeks or so before the draft. But they’re clickbait, so what are you going to do?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by pricejj View Post

                  False.

                  1. There are only a handful of elite blue chip players in any draft. And yes, true blue chippers are almost always picked in the top 10 (with rare exceptions).
                  2. Most drafts average around 18-24 players with 1st round grades. It's an industry wide metric that everybody uses. In this draft, I have a tough time finding 15.
                  3. In the NFL draft industry, players that don't have 1st ground grades are generally thought of as 'starters' or worse.

                  I can understand why you would have a difficult time with my terminology if you don't even understand basic industry-wide NFL draft concepts. Don't worry, I'll try to dumb it down JUST FOR YOU.
                  Ah yes, the clearly understood and universally referred to 'industry-wide' metric. It makes total sense that you would attempt to align your opinions with something like that, but it's pretty silly to come in here and pretend that's how the draft is regularly discussed. There's 32 guys who are going to be first-round picks, and every one of them will have received a first-round grade by virtue of selection alone. I don't care how you choose to spin it now.

                  I just wish you realized how plain-as-day it is to everyone reading your posts that you're an absolute amateur striving to be seen otherwise. How clear it is that you're a try-hard who regurgitates and mimics until your polarized brain fixates on a thing to the point where the rest of your perception is warped around it. It often seems to me impossible that you could even enjoy this stuff on the basic level of a normal fan because you're so busy posturing and pretending, and I think it's weird and sad.

                  Comment


                  • I tried a four rounder in the draft simulator and got:

                    15. Javon Kinlaw, DL, SC
                    46. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
                    77. Michael Pittman, Jr., WR, USC
                    83. Evan Weaver, LB, Cal
                    96. Tyler Biadasz, OL, Wisc
                    108. Trey Adams, OT, Wash
                    128. Troy Sermon, RB, Okla

                    Leads me to believe that the Broncos have a real opportunity to upgrade in this draft, at any rate.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by socalorado View Post

                      Becton being the 1st OT won’t be looked at as a surprise move by draft day. He’s a freak of an athlete. Huge upside.
                      If DEN could get Jeudy.....Holy $h!tballs.
                      Something would seriously have to be wrong with Thomas for him to not be the #1 OT and OL off the board. I love Becton, I love Jackson more but Thomas not the #1? That's stretching it.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

                        OK.


                        so assume they don’t go CB. Who’s starting CB1 on the outside? A mid round rookie? Over priced older FA? Cause as of now there’s no one on either side. Just depth level players on the roster
                        The key is going to be what happens with Chris Harris, and then the health of Callahan. I really liked Bausby, and Duke Dawson showed some good development. A solid vet FA and/or smart 2nd or later selection in the draft and we are looking much stronger at the position.

                        Health and age decline withstanding.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

                          OK.


                          so assume they don’t go CB. Who’s starting CB1 on the outside? A mid round rookie? Over priced older FA? Cause as of now there’s no one on either side. Just depth level players on the roster
                          The 2nd round rookie CBs are just as good as what we could get at #15 this year. I'm hoping for Byron Jones, James Bradberry Kendall Fuller, Trae Wayens, Daryl Worley signing in FA.

                          Spotrac has Trae Wayens project value at 8.4 mill a year.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Allen C View Post

                            The 2nd round rookie CBs are just as good as what we could get at #15 this year. I'm hoping for Byron Jones, James Bradberry Kendall Fuller, Trae Wayens, Daryl Worley signing in FA.

                            Spotrac has Trae Wayens project value at 8.4 mill a year.
                            I like Jeff Gladney in the 2nd, Chase Lucas might be a late riser and a great athletic gamble (Mad ball skills).

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Rohirrim View Post
                              I tried a four rounder in the draft simulator and got:

                              15. Javon Kinlaw, DL, SC
                              46. Jaylon Johnson, CB, Utah
                              77. Michael Pittman, Jr., WR, USC
                              83. Evan Weaver, LB, Cal
                              96. Tyler Biadasz, OL, Wisc
                              108. Trey Adams, OT, Wash
                              128. Troy Sermon, RB, Okla

                              Leads me to believe that the Broncos have a real opportunity to upgrade in this draft, at any rate.
                              Your simulator is really low on Tyler Biadasz.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by v2micca View Post

                                Your simulator is really low on Tyler Biadasz.
                                I’ve seen some scouting reports that are kind of low on him after what they saw as a down year.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X