Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Not really.

JT Barrett came in as a 4 star QB in 2013, Burrow as a 4 star in 2015, Haskins as a 4 star in 2016, Tate Martell as a 4 star in 2017. No one was beating out Barrett until he was gone. Burrow and Haskins had a dog fight of a competition in 2018 but Haskins was the better fit for the offense and won the starting job. Burrow transferred to LSU.
    He was ok in his first year, they changed the scheme to open things up and play to his strengths as a QB as well as to help their athletes get 1 on 1 match ups.

To put that in perspective. OSU landed a 4 star QB in Baldwin in 2018, Fields transferred over this past year, they also landed 2 more 4 star QB's in Stroud and Miller for 2020 and have a 4 star QB commit in McCord for 2021.

If you can't make the cut at OSU, you are likely a starter at a different power 5 conference school.
    That's crazy and it's not like Ohio State is known as a great QB school. If I was one of these guys, I'd be looking at another powerhouse program to compete at. But that said, these guys all think they are the best so they probably think they will be "the guy"...

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I was about to say. Matt Miller can kiss my lily white ass with that Mims-less top 10 WR list.
      He will still be there in the 3rd. That's how good this WR class is. Personally I'd rather have Pittman Jr but we could realistically get both

Comment

• Comment

• Ettiene was guy I MIGHT have seen KC grabbing at the end of round 2. KC is not inclined to invest that high a pick at RB, but if the board fell right (or wrong as it would be in this case) he would be a possible choice. Not now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post

You don't see Becton and Jackson in the 1st? Many places believe Mehki Becton is OT #2 after Thomas. I've got five 1st round tackles at the moment.

1. Thomas
            2. Becton
            3. Wirfs
            4. Wills
            5. Jackson
            Interesting that you have Becton that high. I'll have to check his 3-cone at the combine to see if his foot speed and athletic ability are worthy of a 1st round talent. I only give 1st round grades to Pro Bowl caliber players. Austin Jackson is an athlete, but a project. Not enough strength, 2nd rounder, imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
              Can't believe Devonta Smith isn't coming out.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                I'd put Kinlaw at about #25 overall in a normal draft. Not a mass-producer, not a Pro Bowler. Not interested in 1st round NT's, unless they're generational guys like Haloti Ngata. Waste of a pick unless it's a late 1st/early 2nd.

Comment

• Struggling to find 15 guys with a 1st round grade in this draft. Delpit is intriguing, has the pedigree, but doesn't have elite athletic ability, might not be physical enough to be a Pro Bowl Safety.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post

I'd put Kinlaw at about #25 overall in a normal draft. Not a mass-producer, not a Pro Bowler. Not interested in 1st round NT's, unless they're generational guys like Haloti Ngata. Waste of a pick unless it's a late 1st/early 2nd.
                    Kinlaw is not a NT. He's less of a NT than Shelby Harris.

Comment

You have no clue what you’re talking about as usual. Kinlaw is not a NT.

Comment

Struggling to find 15 guys with a 1st round grade in this draft. Delpit is intriguing, has the pedigree, but doesn't have elite athletic ability, might not be physical enough to be a Pro Bowl Safety.
                        Rofl...

Comment

Interesting that you have Becton that high. I'll have to check his 3-cone at the combine to see if his foot speed and athletic ability are worthy of a 1st round talent. I only give 1st round grades to Pro Bowl caliber players. Austin Jackson is an athlete, but a project. Not enough strength, 2nd rounder, imo.
                          Only Pro Bowlers in the 1st round! What a revolutionary idea! Someone should tell the NFL this! It’s brilliant!

Comment

Kinlaw is more of a 3-4 DE. Yes he's 6'6 310 but it's a solid 310 and the beautiful thing about him is that he could play inside on passing downs and still generate a push up the middle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Rofl...
                              Price is on cocaine everyone.
                              L. O. L

Comment

• I view Javon Kinlaw like a Michael Brockers. Brockers is more of a space-eating DT. Drafted #14 overall, but not a guy you want to put at 5-tech. He just doesn't have the production. Technique not sound enough to profile as a Pro Bowler at 3-tech or 5-tech. In the Broncos system, he'd be most effective at 1-tech/NT due to his ability to take on double teams, but doesn't have great ability to disengage with hand fighting. Can take him off his balance due to long frame. Great fighter, but not always effective in finishing. Great character guy, who I'd take at about #25 as a project who I profile as a Solid Starter, who could possibly make a Pro Bowl someday with a refined technique.

Project at 50 tackles, 3 sacks until he develops. Should be able to give you some 5-6 sack years. Late 1st round DT, not a projected Pro Bowler.

Comment

Working...
                                X