2020 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

My goodness, if the Broncos have this much draft capital coming up in this draft, I'd prefer they move up in the first and second round and score big on some blue chip, immediate-impact players rather than drafting 10 players and hoping for the best.
    One late 5th round pick and two late 7th round picks is not much draft capital if you're looking to move up into the 1st or 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post

Exactly. I want to see if our first a 2nd and 3rd would be enough to move up between 5-10 and get one of the blue chip OT's.
      We have way too many other holes to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

One late 5th round pick and two late 7th round picks is not much draft capital if you're looking to move up into the 1st or 2nd round.
        A 3rd and 4th is enough to move from #45 to say #25. San Fran needs to recoup some picks

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post

Exactly. I want to see if our first a 2nd and 3rd would be enough to move up between 5-10 and get one of the blue chip OT's.
          A 1st, 2nd and 3rd would be giving up way too much for 5-10. For example, #6 overall is worth 1500 points. Broncos #15 and #46 is worth 1490 points. I don't like the idea of moving up to 5-10 for any OT's in this draft. The only one I would even POSSIBLY think about doing it for would be Thomas. None of the others should be taken higher than 15, maybe not even top 20. I think only 2 OT's will be taken in the first 20 picks. But once you get past Thomas, who will probably be top 7, I think there's a decent shelf and then 3 or 4 are probably in that next tier where there's not a huge difference in them. You might as well keep that 2nd pick and use it on a good player.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Legit 5 OTs could go in the top 15 picks. I don't remember the last time that happened.
            No. That's not going to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

A 3rd and 4th is enough to move from #45 to say #25. San Fran needs to recoup some picks
              Why would we do that though? This is such a deep draft and we have so many needs. If we have too many picks to roster everyone we should package all our late rounders to get back into the middle rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post

A 1st, 2nd and 3rd would be giving up way too much for 5-10. For example, #6 overall is worth 1500 points. Broncos #15 and #46 is worth 1490 points. I don't like the idea of moving up to 5-10 for any OT's in this draft. The only one I would even POSSIBLY think about doing it for would be Thomas. None of the others should be taken higher than 15, maybe not even top 20. I think only 2 OT's will be taken in the first 20 picks. But once you get past Thomas, who will probably be top 7, I think there's a decent shelf and then 3 or 4 are probably in that next tier where there's not a huge difference in them. You might as well keep that 2nd pick and use it on a good player.
                Im not sure Thomas is going to be the top OT. Will's and Wirfs will likely be drafted before top 15 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

Im not sure Thomas is going to be the top OT. Will's and Wirfs will likely be drafted before top 15 as well.
                  Austin Jackson and Mehki Becton could also be in the mix with them. That is what I meant when I said up to 5 OTs could actually go in the top 15. Now, I don't think all 5 will go that soon. There is a lot of time for the draft stock to rise or fall before April 15th. And a couple of them could decide to go back for their senior years. But as of right now, all 5 of them have a legit shot at being taken in the top half of the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

Austin Jackson and Mehki Becton could also be in the mix with them. That is what I meant when I said up to 5 OTs could actually go in the top 15. Now, I don't think all 5 will go that soon. There is a lot of time for the draft stock to rise or fall before April 15th. And a couple of them could decide to go back for their senior years. But as of right now, all 5 of them have a legit shot at being taken in the top half of the first round.
                    Yeah, really just dispelling the notion that Thomas is the clear #1 OT. Could very well have 5 OTs as top 15 worthy, and all 5 off the board before the Broncos pick.

Comment

Is anyone as scared about Jackson as I am?

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
                        Seems that most other threads turn into draft discussion. Maybe having a thread dedicated to the draft will help. I know there is a draft forum, but being offseason I think having a thread dedicated to the draft on the main page is a good idea.

Right now Im not liking the chances of an elite OT falling to 15, which makes me sad, because thats what Id like to see most. I think the bpa at a position of need is likely going to be a CB or WR. Both are pretty deep. I wouldn't hate the idea of trading down and finding a way to get 3 picks in the 25-45 range without losing any of the 3rd round picks. 6 picks in the top 100 would be awesome to add depth to the team. Need to get OL, WR, DL, ILB, CB.

Who are your targets for the Broncos?
                        Props for starting this. I was thhhhis close to doing it myself earlier this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Laviska may well end up being the best receiver in this class. He has truly elite potential.
                          I really really like his game, his versatility, his play making ability, his size, the way he breaks tackles....

His story, with his Dad dying in front of his entire family is so tragic....able to persevere and make it to the NFL.

Former college teammates with Phillip Lindsay. You can line him up everywhere. Dynamic. Man, he'd be a good fit.

How bad are the injuries though?? If he slips to the 2nd we pounce, right? Do we take him at 15 though??

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                            Post Space Reserved for Req's Master 2020 Denver Broncos Draft Plan.
                            Sponsored by Kinghouse Chinese Buffet and Old Spice.
                            This is going to be fire

Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	228
Size:	1.68 MB
ID:	2549943

Comment

Viska....he's cold blooded man, we need this on offense

Laviska Shenault's rise from unspeakable family tragedy

This article is outstanding, btw,...but this paragraph made my jaw drop lol He's like the Marshawn Lynch of WRs.
                              In 109 touches in 2018, he was brought down by a solo tackle only 24 times, and this year, that ratio has been even more disparate: 70 touches, 14 solo tackles. At 6-foot-2, 220 pounds, Shenault has an especially sturdy build for a wide receiver. He lifts weights not with the other receivers, but rather with the Buffaloes' offensive linemen. Strength coach Drew Wilson doesn't know exactly what he can squat; he stops him every time at 500 pounds -- well over twice the receiver's body weight -- because he sees no need to risk an injury just to seek out the limit to the strength in Shenault's lower half.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                                Is anyone as scared about Jackson as I am?
                                Do you mean am I scared that the front office with fall in love with him and package a bunch of picks to trade up for him? Not really. I don't see the front office trading up in this draft and I don't see Jackson falling to 15.

Comment

Working...
                                X