2020 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
    I don't think the Broncos need a receiver. They have Sutton, Hamilton and Patrick that have all shown promise. Yes, they could use some more speed, but Id put about 5 positions ahead of WR in terms of need (OT, OG, DE, ilb, CB). That said, this draft is so deep at WR, it's hard to not take one in the first 3 rounds, and the right one could certainly open up the offense.
    if the Broncos go BPA and a WR is there, then go for it. They definitely need more weapons on offense.
    Last edited by bronco militia; 01-03-2020, 12:54 PM.

Comment

They're itching for a speed guy. They thought they would fill that need last year but it just never happened.

Comment

This mock updated today (1/3) has WR Shenault Jr. going to Indy at #13 (highest I've seen for Laviska) and Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama going to Broncos at #15.
        http://walterfootball.com/draft2020charlie.php#ovrl_15

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

They 100 percent need a speed guy to take the top off threat.
          They do, but I see that as a luxury more than a need.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
            I don't think the Broncos need a receiver. They have Sutton, Hamilton and Patrick that have all shown promise. Yes, they could use some more speed, but Id put about 5 positions ahead of WR in terms of need (OT, OG, DE, ilb, CB). That said, this draft is so deep at WR, it's hard to not take one in the first 3 rounds, and the right one could certainly open up the offense.
            Sutton isn’t even a true #1 imo. He should be a #2 behind an elite receiving talent. Patrick and Hamilton are not even close to being good enough as #2 and #3 receivers either. If you want a high powered offense you need much better receivers than we currently have. I get wanting to build in the trenches first, but if the board falls in such a way as to have a WR as BPA there’s no reason not to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post
              This mock updated today (1/3) has WR Shenault Jr. going to Indy at #13 (highest I've seen for Laviska) and Trevon Diggs, CB, Alabama going to Broncos at #15.
              http://walterfootball.com/draft2020charlie.php#ovrl_15
              Laviska may well end up being the best receiver in this class. He has truly elite potential.

Comment

This offense in particular needs a dominant run game. **** a wr. Buy a vet.

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
                  This offense in particular needs a dominant run game. **** a wr. Buy a vet.
                  Get the line set first. That will help the run game, which will open up the pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                    Post Space Reserved for Req's Master 2020 Denver Broncos Draft Plan.
                    Sponsored by Kinghouse Chinese Buffet and Old Spice.
                    lol, well done sir

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                      My goodness, if the Broncos have this much draft capital coming up in this draft, I'd prefer they move up in the first and second round and score big on some blue chip, immediate-impact players rather than drafting 10 players and hoping for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post

My goodness, if the Broncos have this much draft capital coming up in this draft, I'd prefer they move up in the first and second round and score big on some blue chip, immediate-impact players rather than drafting 10 players and hoping for the best.
                        Exactly. I want to see if our first a 2nd and 3rd would be enough to move up between 5-10 and get one of the blue chip OT's.

Comment

Originally posted by kappys View Post

Exactly. I want to see if our first a 2nd and 3rd would be enough to move up between 5-10 and get one of the blue chip OT's.
                          There are blue chippers at O-Line, WR and CB all over the 1st round. DEN could get 2 and only have to move back into the 1st round after picking at 15. If they have that many picks, the FO better damn well move up and they shouldn’t just move once, they should move back into the 1st and move back up into the 2nd. Make this draft count. Get 4 or 5 ballers in the top 75-80 picks.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

There are blue chippers at O-Line, WR and CB all over the 1st round. DEN could get 2 and only have to move back into the 1st round after picking at 15. If they have that many picks, the FO better damn well move up and they shouldn’t just move once, they should move back into the 1st and move back up into the 2nd. Make this draft count. Get 4 or 5 ballers in the top 75-80 picks.
                            Legit 5 OTs could go in the top 15 picks. I don't remember the last time that happened.

Comment

Andrew Thomas is worth trading up for.
                              great hip bend. Need that to block guys like Von.
                              waist benders have no shot.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Why? The 3rd rounders in this draft are basically on par with 2nd rounders in most other drafts. When a draft is deep, there's no reason to trade up.

Comment

Working...
                                X