No announcement yet.

2020 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I start saying"pro bowl player" and "elite talent" will people take me seriously and start thinking I know a whole lot about talent evaluation? What if I repeat it about 50 times? Do I need to add, "Graded as a first round talent?"

Comment

• Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
      If I start saying"pro bowl player" and "elite talent" will people take me seriously and start thinking I know a whole lot about talent evaluation? What if I repeat it about 50 times? Do I need to add, "Graded as a first round talent?"
      I think it’s worth the try.

Comment

• Yeah it is worth a trying to get someone that could be there for a long time. Not just one year or a few years. But need clutch and elite. Not good. As pretty good does not last around the NFL.

Comment

• Kind of fun to think no matter what we are adding a really talented CB and RT in Callahan and James given neither really played. Add whatever else we go spend money on like WR, CB, ILB, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post
            Kind of fun to think no matter what we are adding a really talented CB and RT in Callahan and James given neither really played. Add whatever else we go spend money on like WR, CB, ILB, etc.
            And a former top 5 pick at OLB.

Comment

And a former top 5 pick at OLB.
              Right?! How’d I forget about that

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post
                Kind of fun to think no matter what we are adding a really talented CB and RT in Callahan and James given neither really played. Add whatever else we go spend money on like WR, CB, ILB, etc.
                I avoid assuming players that missed significant time already due to injury will be able to avoid doing so in the upcoming season. Callahan and James are both coming off injuries that may we derail their careers. Best not to start counting those chicks until they hatch.

Comment

• Random thought of the day. Do you think that Minnesota would bite if we offered to swap 1st and 2nd round picks with them for Diggs.

They would move up 11 picks in the first and 12 picks in the 2nd and we would get Diggs and still have a 1st and 2nd round pick.

Comment

• I don't have an idea of the price for Diggs, but I thought he would become a target for the Broncos as soon as Shurmur was hired, and also because the Vikings are tired of him and Kubiak already has a #1 WR for an offense that will focus on running the ball. I just don't like the idea of having a me-first, diva WR like Diggs in Lock's ear. Diggs also has Su'a Cravens' propensity to spend a lot of time on social media posting a bunch of enigmatic / stupid messages to get attention, another sign that he's a headcase.

If the Vikings are willing to trade Diggs despite the cap hit they'll have to absorb, it's because they can't stand his behavior anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                      I don't have an idea of the price for Diggs, but I thought he would become a target for the Broncos as soon as Shurmur was hired, and also because the Vikings are tired of him and Kubiak already has a #1 WR for an offense that will focus on running the ball. I just don't like the idea of having a me-first, diva WR like Diggs in Lock's ear. Diggs also has Su'a Cravens' propensity to spend a lot of time on social media posting a bunch of enigmatic / stupid messages to get attention, another sign that he's a headcase.

If the Vikings are willing to trade Diggs despite the cap hit they'll have to absorb, it's because they can't stand his behavior anymore.
                      He's got some Diva in him for sure but him being in Cousins ear and calling him out actually raised Cousins level of play.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
                        I don't have an idea of the price for Diggs, but I thought he would become a target for the Broncos as soon as Shurmur was hired, and also because the Vikings are tired of him and Kubiak already has a #1 WR for an offense that will focus on running the ball. I just don't like the idea of having a me-first, diva WR like Diggs in Lock's ear. Diggs also has Su'a Cravens' propensity to spend a lot of time on social media posting a bunch of enigmatic / stupid messages to get attention, another sign that he's a headcase.

Diggs sounds a lot like you here lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by v2micca View Post

I don't entirely agree. Washington is highly unlikely to be looking to take a QB early as they are still kicking the tires on Dwayne Haskins. Detroit will not be taking a QB in the first round. And two of these teams will likely fill their immediate needs at the QB position via free agency.

So, of the top 14 teams, I would say it is close to 6 will still be looking to add a QB on draft day. But, a lot of those teams may only give a first round grade to 2 or 3 of the QBs in the class. So, they aren't going to be looking to spend a top 15 pick on guys like Fromm, Love, and Eason.

Honestly, I don't expect more than 3 QBs to go in the first 15. And I wouldn't be shocked if only 2 QBs go in the first 15.
                          I understand what you are saying and again, it was just my opinion. The combine will solidify the first round and I'm just hoping some of the above mentioned QBs really do well at the combine...

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

You have the same schtick ever year, you talk about draft prospects, you make blanket statements and then clearly have no idea what you’re talking about and never watched the prospect play.

Lol. I watch them just as much as you do. If you think you're entitled to opinions on prospects and I'm not, you're a straight up clown.

Comment

If I start saying"pro bowl player" and "elite talent" will people take me seriously and start thinking I know a whole lot about talent evaluation? What if I repeat it about 50 times? Do I need to add, "Graded as a first round talent?"
                              I couldn't care less who you think you take "serious" or not, quite honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

I would love for them to go get Wirfs cause he can play G immediately. I highly doubt they do.
                                They have a boat load of FA money. I see them just getting a Thuney or a Glasgow and plug and play. Its the easiest way to solve the issue and they have the money.
                                Then they can continue to let Munchak do his thing with Bolles.
                                OG is the easiest position to solve on the whole entire team. They can leave it until #46.

Comment

Working...
                                X