2020 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

Not crazy about a college DT with such low TFL production, but if they like him that would be a pick that makes sense, value for a DL on Day 2-3 won't be great.
    Kinlaw would be wonderful for the DL. But we need a NT and he's not that in the NFL. He'd be a replacement for Wolfe but Walker and Jones need to have a focus on developing them. We have inside pressure DT's, NT which can be gotten later on in the draft is a bigger need.

If you can get Ruggs at #15 you run to the podium and pair him with Sutton.

Comment

• https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/...outing-report/

https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/h...iii/9PMNe2V0Ag

decent ruggs reports

not alot of production. john ross comp. meh.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post
        Bama has 3 legit 1st round WR's in Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith. They will likely go in that order. Ruggs is a absolute burner but he is more than just a speed guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Bama has 3 legit 1st round WR's in Jeudy, Ruggs and Smith. They will likely go in that order. Ruggs is a absolute burner but he is more than just a speed guy.
          I’d be happy with Ruggs, but I think I’d prefer Shenault honestly.

Comment

• Originally posted by yerner View Post
            How's Kinlaw? That's the type dude I need in the first.
            Kinlaw is extremely disruptive and worthy of a pick at 15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I wouldn't have an issue with Shenault. Just thinking about the need for an over the top of the defense burner to open up the coverage. That's more Ruggs than Shenault. Though we can also find a speedster later on in the draft if you took Shenault.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

In the hands of the right OC, Shenault's versatility could make him a real weapon.

Not sure that's us. I mean, we'd try … but ….

Comment

• Shenault has some cool video. Run's over guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

I'm hoping for a LT or a ILB at #15. Okudah will be long gone and I agree with you that the value is later on at CB.
                    I'm open to a lot of players, but Tristan Wirfs at #15 is an ideal scenario for me. I don't think Wills or Thomas make it to fifteen. I'm not even sure if Wirfs does, but if he is there, I'd pull the trigger. He starts right away (RG), but also gives the Broncos fallback options for OT given the situation surrounding Bolles and James. It satisfies the requirement of having the first-round pick play right away but offers long-term value at multiple positions.

If the Broncos did stick at #15 and take a guy like Wirfs, I'd imagine WR would be next in line. Jalen Reagor is very enticing to me, but he isn't lasting to our second-round pick, so you would have to move up to get him. But how high would you have to move up to get him and what would it cost?

I think WR's are going to fly off the board this year. The great talent available and the success we saw early on and throughout the year with the 2019 draft class being primary reasons. In fact, I'd like Denver (with twelve picks) to highly consider doubling down at the position. Sutton, Hamilton, Patrick, _______, ________, and Spencer as the return guy is a nice corps moving forward.

Elway has been patient the past few drafts and allowed things to come to them. He has made some great picks, but I think we got quite lucky with a few guys slipping to our spots. With a surplus of picks, I wouldn't mind him being aggressive in order to get the best players as possible. Don't believe 12 rookies make the team.

OL, WR, DL, CB all need starting level caliber players. Will need to see what DEN does in FA before we get any true grasp of where they will need to invest their early draft resources, but that'd be my preference (not in order) to address early on.
                    Last edited by Requiem; 01-05-2020, 11:19 AM.

Comment

• If Okudah,Derrick Brown or the left tackle Thomas drop to 7 or 8 Elway should move up from 15. We trade two of our 3rd rounders and we get to 7 or 8. I also would consider a trade up for Delpit if Simmons is tagged and i like Ruggs and Kinlaw if we stay at 15.

Comment

• If you like SF way
                        Draft Lineman in the first and speciality players in the 2nd on out.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                          If you like SF way
                          Draft Lineman in the first and speciality players in the 2nd on out.
                          yep. run game and protect lock. that's the way forward.

Comment

• Forgot about Wirfs. I also like him at 15 and he would be a day 1 starter to replace Ron Leary and his 8m per year salary and gives us a future LT or RT depending on if Bolles can continue to improve or we move on in 2021.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Dude View Post

In the hands of the right OC, Shenault's versatility could make him a real weapon.

Not sure that's us. I mean, we'd try … but ….
                              Even as a traditional WR I like Shenault a lot. He’s a little raw due to his use in college, but with some development he projects into a scary route runner.

Comment

• Look at Deebo Samuel to see what Viska would be in this offense. I prefer Ruggs, this is such a stacked WR class that I'd pass on Shenault with his injury concerns unless he drops to Round 2.

Comment

Working...
                                X