2020 draft thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cmhargrove View Post

My realistic "trade up" player would be Isaiah Simmons. I think he instantly upgrades the Todd Davis position, and has the ability to cover TEs in this system.

If we stand pat, I hope its Wirfs (which would optimally start at RG), or Ruggs.
    Simmons probably goes top 8. I think all the 1st round graded OT's will be gone in the top 12. Any WR we take at #15 should be our #1 WR. Does Ruggs project as a #1?

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedinBlue View Post
      I am not high on Aiyuk at all, that is the guy I would avoid. I don't like prospects with higher breakout ages and he didn't really flash any consistency until his senior season after being a juco transfer. I think he will test well in shorts and with straight line speed but I am not as impressed when I watch him. I would much rather grab a guy high and take a player like KJ Hill in the 4th. Reagor is 10x the player Aiyuk is in my eyes. I am more than happy to be wrong, just my opinion.
      Aiyuk was behind Harry last year. Harry was a 1st round pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

I think Hamler has been talked about as a potential late round 1 guy at 5'9, but he probably goes mid round 2, and nobody is talking about him for the Broncos.
        Seriously? I like Hamler but no way he’s a 1st rounder unless he destroys the combine in a legendary way.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Seriously? I like Hamler but no way he’s a 1st rounder unless he destroys the combine in a legendary way.
          It might have been a while ago that he was talked as a late first, then others have risen due to Senior bowl and such. Will be interesting to see his combine though and where he fits speed wise with Aiyuk and Reagor. He probably needs to run a low 4.3's to have any first round consideration though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

I wouldn't be mad at Hamler in the 2nd. Put him in the slot and put him in motion to help against press coverage. He's great after the catch, could return kicks and run jet sweeps since he should be in motion on a consistent basis and that's one more thing a defense would have to prepare for.
            Last edited by Allen C; 02-08-2020, 03:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pricejj View Post

Simmons probably goes top 8. I think all the 1st round graded OT's will be gone in the top 12. Any WR we take at #15 should be our #1 WR. Does Ruggs project as a #1?
              I feel like you are trying to oversimplify. Sutton obviously starts as our number 1 receiver, but Ruggs could easily be a 10TD per year guy. That’s worth a 15 pick regardless of how you characterize his position.
              Last edited by cmhargrove; 02-08-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

I actually think Simmons floor is top 9 to Jacksonville. If he makes it to 8, a trade down with Arizona could be a possibility as their top needs are OT and WR. The Broncos could pull it off by exchanging 15, 46, and 95 for 8 and 72. So we would lose our 2nd but we would move up 23 spots in the 3rd round in addition to getting Simmons at 8. We could still got BPA at OL, WR, and CB with 72, 77, 83 and our two 4ths.

Simmons could significantly change our defense and there are going to be some really good players still there in the early to mid 3rd rd with those 3 picks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Carmelo15 View Post

I actually think Simmons floor is top 9 to Jacksonville. If he makes it to 8, a trade down with Arizona could be a possibility as their top needs are OT and WR. The Broncos could pull it off by exchanging 15, 46, and 95 for 8 and 72. So we would lose our 2nd but we would move up 23 spots in the 3rd round in addition to getting Simmons at 8. We could still got BPA at OL, WR, and CB with 72, 77, 83 and our two 4ths.

Simmons could significantly change our defense and there are going to be some really good players still there in the early to mid 3rd rd with those 3 picks.
                  Ugh. Don't like. This team can't afford giving up 15 and 46 just to go to 8. The only way you trade up in the 1st is for a QB. No thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Ugh. Don't like. This team can't afford giving up 15 and 46 just to go to 8. The only way you trade up in the 1st is for a QB. No thanks.
                    Yeah. I would love a coverage LB like Simmons, but right now LB is about 6-8 in my priority queue for this team. After free agency that likely changes, but not enough to justify that trade. Offense needs too much help, and I doubt they do much in the offseason in that regard

Comment

• Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

Yeah. I would love a coverage LB like Simmons, but right now LB is about 6-8 in my priority queue for this team. After free agency that likely changes, but not enough to justify that trade. Offense needs too much help, and I doubt they do much in the offseason in that regard
                      Corey Littleton, Joe Shobert, Blake Martinez, hell even Nick Kwiatkoski are all really good coverage ILBs. I wouldn't be suprised if Kwiatkoski ended up in DEN. Vic guy.

Comment

Corey Littleton, Joe Shobert, Blake Martinez, hell even Nick Kwiatkoski are all really good coverage ILBs. I wouldn't be suprised if Kwiatkoski ended up in DEN. Vic guy.
                        They should have just traded up into the late second 2 years ago and taken Warner. Ugh...

Comment

I think the bears keep Kwiatkoski and let Danny T walk given his age and the way Kwiatkoski performed this season. Littleton was a rumored target last off season and if he hits the market I figure we will at least make him an offer.

Comment

Any WR we take at #15 should be our #1 WR. Does Ruggs project as a #1?
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	giphy.gif
Views:	144
Size:	753.8 KB
ID:	2569236

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen C View Post

I think the bears keep Kwiatkoski and let Danny T walk given his age and the way Kwiatkoski performed this season. Littleton was a rumored target last off season and if he hits the market I figure we will at least make him an offer.
                              There's a bunch of really good, young DT's this year too.
                              DJ Reader
                              Leonard Williams
                              Javon Hargrave
                              Micheal Pierce
                              Quinton Jefferson
                              Andrew Billings

Get one, add in ILB Corey Littleton and G Joe Thuney.

Comment

Will any pick at #15 project to #1 at any position? Selecting a compliment to Sutton has just as much impact to our offense than a true #1 which Courland is morphing into.

I think right now Laviska could be a multi tool player similar to how Shurmur used Barkley.

Comment

Working...
                                X