Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 draft thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 2020 draft thread

    Seems that most other threads turn into draft discussion. Maybe having a thread dedicated to the draft will help. I know there is a draft forum, but being offseason I think having a thread dedicated to the draft on the main page is a good idea.

    Right now Im not liking the chances of an elite OT falling to 15, which makes me sad, because thats what Id like to see most. I think the bpa at a position of need is likely going to be a CB or WR. Both are pretty deep. I wouldn't hate the idea of trading down and finding a way to get 3 picks in the 25-45 range without losing any of the 3rd round picks. 6 picks in the top 100 would be awesome to add depth to the team. Need to get OL, WR, DL, ILB, CB.

    Who are your targets for the Broncos?

  • #2
    Welcome this thread.
    Even though we dropped Out of the top ten, I believe because our real needs that we’re going to find value at LT still.

    Teams ahead of us going for QBs, Wr’s, CB’s.
    unfortunately the top two OL are slated to be gone by the time we pick; Andrew Thomas and Tristan Whirfs.
    I’m betting on Cleveland to Cleveland at the 10th spot and miss on Whirfs, otherwise It will come down to a top DL still left on the board or a surprise move we’re not be expecting.
    Last edited by strafen; 01-02-2020, 04:58 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Outside of the top WRs that everyone is talking about, this is probably my favorite WR in this class:



      Unless he rises through the pre-draft process he should be available in the 3rd round or later.

      Comment


      • #4
        As I said in the other thread:

        15. CB
        46. OT
        77. WR or RB or ILB
        83. WR or RB or ILB
        95. WR or RB or ILB

        I agree with you (and others) that at #15, we're probably out of the running for a top OT and bad things happen when you reach. So instead we have James and Bolles under contract for a year, meaning that although it is a priority, we can take a OT lower (I see some mocks with Josh Jones in the 2nd) and give him a year to get S & C and learn technique that he needs. Leary is done at RG, but I would rather sign Scherff there and use a 4th or lower on more OL.

        Comment


        • #5
          Post Space Reserved for Req's Master 2020 Denver Broncos Draft Plan.
          Sponsored by Kinghouse Chinese Buffet and Old Spice.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
            As I said in the other thread:

            15. CB
            46. OT
            77. WR or RB or ILB
            83. WR or RB or ILB
            95. WR or RB or ILB

            I agree with you (and others) that at #15, we're probably out of the running for a top OT and bad things happen when you reach. So instead we have James and Bolles under contract for a year, meaning that although it is a priority, we can take a OT lower (I see some mocks with Josh Jones in the 2nd) and give him a year to get S & C and learn technique that he needs. Leary is done at RG, but I would rather sign Scherff there and use a 4th or lower on more OL.
            That would be great, but I'm not sure that OT will be the bpa in the 2nd round either. There are 3-4 top guys, then another 3-4 that probably go end round 1/early 2 and probably won't last to mid 2nd round. CB seems to be pretty deep in the first 2 rounds, so an OT dropping to 15 would be ideal. Thats why I wouldn't hate trading down and picking up a CB and OT at the end of round 1, and somehow keeping the 45 pick for WR or ilb.

            RB is pretty deep, so waiting to round 3 or 4 is fine. Question is, how many DL do the Broncos resign, and how big of a need that is in the draft. I think one of the 3rd rounders might need to be used for DE depth. DL and LB don't seem to be the strength of the top of this draft, so that may be a consideration going into FA.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Requiem View Post
              Post Space Reserved for Req's Master 2020 Denver Broncos Draft Plan.
              Sponsored by Kinghouse Chinese Buffet and Old Spice.
              No Taco Bar?
              And there better be a King Soopers coupon in this.

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's my plan. Pimped it elsewhere.
                Cut Fucco and Leary and this should free up 100 MIL to re sign current Broncos and FA.

                RESIGN
                SHELBY HARRIS
                CONNOR MCGOVERN (G)
                JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU
                MIKE PURCELL RFA
                TIM PATRICK RFA
                DEVANTE BAUSBY RFA
                TREY MARSHALL ERFA
                JAKE ROGERS (G) ERFA

                TAG
                JUSTIN SIMMONS (11 MIL)

                FA
                ILB JOE SHOBERT (CLE)
                CB LOGAN RYAN (TENN)
                QB AJ MCCARRON (HOU)


                DRAFT
                1ST RND (15) - HENRY RUGGS WR BAMA
                1ST RND (25) - TYLER BIADASZ C WISC
                2ND RND (46) - JOSH JONES OT HOU
                3RD RND (79) - AJ TERRELL CB CLEM
                3RD RND (86) - TRADED W 2021 1ST AND 3RD TO MIA FOR 25
                3RD RND (92) - JACOB PHILLIPS ILB LSU
                4TH RND (120) - RASHARD LAWRENCE 3-4 DE LSU
                4TH RND (138) - NAJEE HARRIS RB BAMA
                6TH RND (194) - DAVID REESE ILB FLA
                6TH RND (216) - HUNTER BRYANT TE WASH
                7TH RND (230) - TREVON MCSWAIN DT/NT DUKE
                7TH RND (253) - COLTON JACKSON OT ARK

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                  Here's my plan. Pimped it elsewhere.
                  Cut Fucco and Leary and this should free up 100 MIL to re sign current Broncos and FA.

                  DRAFT
                  1ST RND (15) - HENRY RUGGS WR BAMA
                  1ST RND (25) - TYLER BIADASZ C WISC
                  2ND RND (46) - JOSH JONES OT HOU
                  3RD RND (79) - AJ TERRELL CB CLEM
                  3RD RND (86) - TRADED W 2021 1ST AND 3RD TO MIA FOR 25
                  3RD RND (92) - JACOB PHILLIPS ILB LSU
                  4TH RND (120) - RASHARD LAWRENCE 3-4 DE LSU
                  4TH RND (138) - NAJEE HARRIS RB BAMA
                  6TH RND (194) - DAVID REESE ILB FLA
                  6TH RND (216) - HUNTER BRYANT TE WASH
                  7TH RND (230) - TREVON MCSWAIN DT/NT DUKE
                  7TH RND (253) - COLTON JACKSON OT ARK
                  Decent plan with many of the picks from top-tier programs.

                  I love Wisconsin C Biadasz, but you're proposing trading one of our 3rd round picks (86) this year plus our 1st and 3rd next year just to get Biadasz at #25 pick? Hate to give up a 1st in 2021. Btw, A WalterFootball mock out today has Denver taking Biadasz in 2nd round at pick 46...

                  46. Denver Broncos: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
                  The Broncos have sorely missed Matt Paradis, who signed with the Panthers last offseason. They need to shore up their pedestrian offensive line.
                  http://walterfootball.com/draft2020_2.php

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post

                    Decent plan with many of the picks from top-tier programs.

                    I love Wisconsin C Biadasz, but you're proposing trading one of our 3rd round picks (86) this year plus our 1st and 3rd next year just to get Biadasz at #25 pick? Hate to give up a 1st in 2021. Btw, A WalterFootball mock out today has Denver taking Biadasz in 2nd round at pick 46...

                    46. Denver Broncos: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
                    The Broncos have sorely missed Matt Paradis, who signed with the Panthers last offseason. They need to shore up their pedestrian offensive line.
                    http://walterfootball.com/draft2020_2.php
                    Walter Chepirsky is a drunk.
                    Most legit analysts have Biadasz as the 3rd best offensive lineman in this entire draft.
                    I will be very surprised if he makes it past KC in the 1st.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Requiem View Post
                      Post Space Reserved for Req's Master 2020 Denver Broncos Draft Plan.
                      Sponsored by Kinghouse Chinese Buffet and Old Spice.
                      Cool! Can't wait!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        No way should they consider trading next year’s 1st just yet. Lock has still only played 5 games and Lawrence is coming out next year.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Ruggs in the first for this team with gaping holes on both lines is a ****ing travesty.


                          You could talk me into Perriman on a team friendly deal tho.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by yerner View Post
                            Ruggs in the first for this team with gaping holes on both lines is a ****ing travesty.


                            You could talk me into Perriman on a team friendly deal tho.
                            If that’s how the board falls that’s how the board falls. Forcing picks based on need is how you have crappy drafts.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bronc62 View Post

                              Decent plan with many of the picks from top-tier programs.

                              I love Wisconsin C Biadasz, but you're proposing trading one of our 3rd round picks (86) this year plus our 1st and 3rd next year just to get Biadasz at #25 pick? Hate to give up a 1st in 2021. Btw, A WalterFootball mock out today has Denver taking Biadasz in 2nd round at pick 46...

                              46. Denver Broncos: Tyler Biadasz, C, Wisconsin
                              The Broncos have sorely missed Matt Paradis, who signed with the Panthers last offseason. They need to shore up their pedestrian offensive line.
                              http://walterfootball.com/draft2020_2.php
                              Interior OL in the 1st is still a no-no in my book. Kind of like running backs.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X