This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

That is plain bull****. Mahomes had 35 attempts last 2 games. Anyone with a half of brain also knows the rushing attempts didnt mean crap and it was his arm that won those games. Toss in his 15 rushing attempts there were maybe 1 or 2 called runs the others were scrambles.
    you are so hell bent on denying REALITY that you trivialize his 27 yard RUN for a TD that wrenched the lead from the titans a play that MANY have proclaimed
    "the defining moment"of his young career.
    He managed to be the GAMES leading rusher during all of that insignificance !
    At this point to argue against RECENT history,guided by the wisdom of VINCE LOMBARDI, makes you unworthy of rebuttle,because you obviously abandon all reason on the subject.
    Like those who insist on referring to JFE as an alcoholic.
    good day sir.

Comment

• You realize that "defining run" was because of how terrified the Titans were of the passing game right? It was a 3 man rush.

This run is basically the best single play evidence of what everyone is trying to tell you. You can run when the other defense has to respect your passing game.

Why did Derrick Henry only rush for 69 yards? Was it because the Titans didn't want to run the ball or because Kansas City stacked the defense against the run knowing Tannehill wasn't going to beat them. Can they play that defense against a better QB and expect to win?

Comment

• Originally posted by broncosjf View Post
        You realize that "defining run" was because of how terrified the Titans were of the passing game right? It was a 3 man rush.

This run is basically the best single play evidence of what everyone is trying to tell you. You can run when the other defense has to respect your passing game.

Why did Derrick Henry only rush for 69 yards? Was it because the Titans didn't want to run the ball or because Kansas City stacked the defense against the run knowing Tannehill wasn't going to beat them. Can they play that defense against a better QB and expect to win?
        run the ball, STOP the run.
        the BEST teams are good at BOTH.

I think the titans panicked and helped the cheifs stop the run.
        HENRY only had 3 rush attempts in the second half.
        Even though they started the second half only down 4.
        the CHEFS ran the ball 12 times in the third quarter alone.
        The cheifs outscored the titans in the second half as they outrushed them, 18 to 4 in the second half,more than 4 to 1 in the half that they DOMINATED.
        27 runs and 35 passes for the cheifs.
        Even the pass happy , andy reid, cheifs know that a team has to run to win when it matters most and the teams are the best !.
        exactly as lombardi proclaimed and defended in the 1960's !

Comment

You realize that "defining run" was because of how terrified the Titans were of the passing game right? It was a 3 man rush.

did the team with the most rush attempts win...YES.
          did the team that ran 25 times or more win... YES.
          did the team that won throw the ball 35 times or less... YES.
          Is that true in all 21 play-off games from last year and this year... YES.
          farque that bullshyte, chef is still a moron !

Comment

• Henry was dog **** and wore out by the 2nd quarter. That is why he didnt get any carries because they were trying to run and going 3 and out. They couldn't throw so they couldn't pick up 3rd down. Notice your numbnuts horse beating shows no mention of 3rd down and 4th down pickups.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

my response to all future arguements from denverdui55

Comment

Can you comprehend the idea of getting the right answer for all the wrong reasons?

All of those things are true. And none of them are the reason that teams win games.

Yes, running is important. No one is disputing that. But if you can't throw you can't run. Teams will stack the box and watch you fail drive after drive. If you have a legitimate passing threat, it allows you to run the ball.

Comment

Can you comprehend the idea of getting the right answer for all the wrong reasons?

All of those things are true. And none of them are the reason that teams win games.

Yes, running is important. No one is disputing that. But if you can't throw you can't run. Teams will stack the box and watch you fail drive after drive. If you have a legitimate passing threat, it allows you to run the ball.
                  no, people since the '60's have been disputing the importance of the run.

"if you have a legitimate_____ threat it allows you to _________.
                  My point is that run and pass are interchangeable in a winning equasion. the 9ers remain as proof to that testament !.
                  even the pass happy cheifs were compelled to conform to MY RECIPE to taste victory !
                  undeniable results

Comment

You are too ignorant to get it. Why do QBs make the most money? When is the last time a team with the leading rusher in the league won a SB? I'd ban your ass for trolling this drivel over and over. You once said you would quit talking about it if someone found 3 games where a team lost with 30 runs. You didnt keep your word. It is a passing league and you need to pair a decent run game with it. The success of the team falls on the QB and how much of a passing threat he is period unless you have a great defense which stays healthy and needs to be on rookie deals.

Comment

49ers in this years play-offs.
                      game 1 : 47 rush attempts,dominant win.
                      game 2 : 42 rush attempts (8 pass attempts )

what a bunch of losers !

Comment

49ers in this years play-offs.
                        game 1 : 47 rush attempts,dominant win.
                        game 2 : 42 rush attempts (8 pass attempts )

what a bunch of losers !

The rush attempts are not why they won. That is the heart of the argument you keep insisting needs to happen. If what you keep insisting is true was actually true, it would always be true no matter who was playing in the playoffs. Within the last 3 seasons, there are two examples that prove you wrong. The winning team did not have more rush attempts in those games. Which continues to highlight an inescapable fact; how many times you run the ball is not as important as how effectively you run the ball to generate points.

Rush attempts do not guarantee winners in any game. Its not like SF lined up and ran the ball 47 straight times regardless of score, down, distance or situation.

By the by, what you continue to post on this topic is what I mean by trolling. Three years of this nonsense. Second warning, chief.

Comment

• Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

The rush attempts are not why they won. That is the heart of the argument you keep insisting needs to happen. If what you keep insisting is true was actually true, it would always be true no matter who was playing in the playoffs. Within the last 3 seasons, there are two examples that prove you wrong. The winning team did not have more rush attempts in those games. Which continues to highlight an inescapable fact; how many times you run the ball is not as important as how effectively you run the ball to generate points.

Rush attempts do not guarantee winners in any game. Its not like SF lined up and ran the ball 47 straight times regardless of score, down, distance or situation.

By the by, what you continue to post on this topic is what I mean by trolling. Three years of this nonsense. Second warning, chief.
                          can't accept reality if it does not fit your narrative.
                          Cant even admit the importance of the run game,which is my only assertion.
                          I never said it was the sole reason for victory, I merely statedthat it'simportance was so significant that regardless of the match-up, or the ebb and flow of the game, the team with the most rush attempts is victorious, in part because of their commitment to the run !
                          no less than 25 attempts I stated !
                          and I also countered that the alternative of excessive passing would lead to failure. I put that number at more than 35.
                          100 % correct the last 2 post seasons
                          a pathetic 92.3 % for previous years.
                          stop asking me what I fail to see and ask yourselves what you fail to reccognise ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Archer81 View Post

a second warning for what? KITTLE says,
                            "we knew if we could run the ball30 times we would win."
                            How many times is a poster allowed to post the cheifs suck before they receive a warning ?
                            If posters are not interested in the importance of the rushung game they do not have to post here or read it's content. why the need to threaten me, publicly ?
                            who was banned for repeatedly saying fire elway?
                            do you modify content or opinion ?
                            I ask publicly because you have threatened me publicly.

Comment

• and you insist on calling me chief when you know my moniker is chef and I was a loyal bronco fan years before you were even born so lighten up tough guy !

Comment

• I merely statedthat it'simportance was so significant that regardless of the match-up, or the ebb and flow of the game, the team with the most rush attempts is victorious, in part because of their commitment to the run !
                                You still have it backwards. Here is reality. Some teams with a strong front and a solid RB will rush and open up the passing game, and more importantly, the play action. Titans had that - they lost. So it doesn't always work. Teams with a lead rush extensively to keep the other O off the field, and run out the game. You can see this often - a team will be down in rush attempts, but in the 4th qtr, they jump ahead. Why? Because the other team is passing repeatedly to catch up and preserve the clock, and the other team is trying to rush and run out the clock.

You are crazy if you think the rushing game is what leads teams to SB wins. Just look at the last 15 years. Is the RB the best player? No.. the QB is the reason they win. Top 10 or even top 5 QBs.. year after year, those are the teams in the SB. But looking at stats is a trick... it's not real. Do you honestly think that KC is in the SB by virtue of their rushing game off of a sudden? They get a new, amazing QB.. and suddenly they are SB contenders. Because of the rushing game?! No.

Running is important to open the passing game, and then later in the game, to control the clock and finish it out. No one contests that the team with the most rushes wins most often. The only contention is that you seem to claim the rushing game is the prime reason teams win. Which is not true at all. It gets an offense rolling, and it runs out a game if you are ahead.

You are "OMG Lombardi RUSHING wins OMG RUSH RUSH you win!!" Everyone else is "Rush to get the passing game going.. passing attack.. get a huge lead.. rush to finish and run out the clock."

You are not spouting ancient knowledge of wisdom. Truth is.. a balanced attack, with rushing and passing at the right times, wins games. Winning teams usually have more rushing attempts simply by virtue of being ahead, and then rushing to kill the clock and game. Exceptions are those teams who have a solid line and can rush regardless. That is why the Niners will win the SB.

Comment

Working...
                                X