This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Wait, now it’s running, tackling, and ball security? I thought number of rushing attempts was all that really mattered. I’m quite sure you beat that drum until it broke in fact. You can’t even keep your own nonsense football theories straight at this point, can you?
    I have not changed my prediction and my track record remains unblemished.
    my 25 / 35 thresholds have been on point and ytou are still a vulgar clown who can't accept reality.

Comment

Wait, now it’s running, tackling, and ball security? I thought number of rushing attempts was all that really mattered. I’m quite sure you beat that drum until it broke in fact. You can’t even keep your own nonsense football theories straight at this point, can you?
      avoid the joe judge comments change the channel

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

I have not changed my prediction and my track record remains unblemished.
        my 25 / 35 thresholds have been on point and ytou are still a vulgar clown who can't accept reality.
        But again, you are confusing what that means. You are acting as if teams come out with a game plan to pass over 40 times a game. That's not how it works. If your passing game works, you score more points, you then have the leisure to rush the ball, wear out the defense, and run out the clock. Conversely teams that get in a hole.. say, down 13 or more points, especially as the game continues, lose the luxury to run the ball. They need to preserve the clock, and so need to pass more than run.

So as the game develops, the team that got off to a fast start will end up with more rushing yards. The one that got behind will have more passing attempts. This isn't some high level Lombardi knowledge or something - it's a byproduct of how the game plays out. ALL teams talk every single week about establishing the running game.. controlling the clock. There are NO teams that say "Well, we are really planning to you know, establish the passing game and throw for 45 times this game."

So it's hilarious every week you crow about how the rushingest team won. Everyone else here is like "um.. no duh, they were ahead and in control of the game." You think you are passing along super secret knowledge or something. But everyone else here realizes this is how almost ALL games play out. But.. if it makes you think you know something special everyone else doesn't, keep it up.. because it IS pretty funny. =)

Tell me this.. when a team is down 10 in the fourth quarter with say.. 10 minutes left, are they running the ball much? Why not? If the secret formula is simply more rush attempts, why wouldn't they? Well.. they can't. And vice-versa. Everyone would point and laugh at a team up 10 in the fourth, that was not rushing much more often than not.

Comment

Our chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise. Our two weapons are...

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post

But again, you are confusing what that means. You are acting as if teams come out with a game plan to pass over 40 times a game. That's not how it works. If your passing game works, you score more points, you then have the leisure to rush the ball, wear out the defense, and run out the clock. Conversely teams that get in a hole.. say, down 13 or more points, especially as the game continues, lose the luxury to run the ball. They need to preserve the clock, and so need to pass more than run.

Except in the texans bills game they did not follow the common script everyone insists on as to the cause of pass and run as you describe.
            The bills got their lead over the texans by out -rushing their attempts in the first half 16 to 8 the TEXANS tried to pass in the first half and got sacked 4 times and generated ZERO POINTS the texans got behind by passing MORE and running less than the bills in the first half, down 13 points
            The texans got back in the game and won by out RUSHING the bills in the second half 25 run attempts to only 14 for the bills. The texans did not go with thepopular sce3nario that you described, it was the exact opposite ! the texans got behind because they ran less in the first half, and they won because they ran much more than the bills in the second half and erased a 16 point defacit by RUNNING with conviction in the second half !

So as the game develops, the team that got off to a fast start will end up with more rushing yards. The one that got behind will have more passing attempts. This isn't some high level Lombardi knowledge or something - it's a byproduct of how the game plays out. ALL teams talk every single week about establishing the running game.. controlling the clock. There are NO teams that say "Well, we are really planning to you know, establish the passing game and throw for 45 times this game."

talk is cheap, running is hard! remeber teams must not only run efficiently, but they must also stop the other teams run effort.

So it's hilarious every week you crow about how the rushingest team won. Everyone else here is like "um.. no duh, they were ahead and in control of the game." You think you are passing along super secret knowledge or something. But everyone else here realizes this is how almost ALL games play out. But.. if it makes you think you know something special everyone else doesn't, keep it up.. because it IS pretty funny. =)
            that ahead and in control crap does not describe ANY of last weeks games !

Tell me this.. when a team is down 10 in the fourth quarter with say.. 10 minutes left, are they running the ball much? Why not? If the secret formula is simply more rush attempts, why wouldn't they? Well.. they can't. And vice-versa. Everyone would point and laugh at a team up 10 in the fourth, that was not rushing much more often than not.
            ytou have refused to accept the reality of the games just played because they refute everything you believe about football.
            My proclamation is simple, but the reasons are not/ the run game is not about yardage it is about commitment and attempts, I say look see the sky is blue you say no it is not, you only see blue.
            I say the team with the most rush attempts will win, and when it happens you want to explain the various hues of blue and why the clowds say I am a liar.
            reality last year and this year the play-off team that ran more times than theiropponent WON !
            that is reality and the pass to get a lead and run to keep the lead script has not been part of the equasion, and even if it was for a game forthcoming, it still does not diminish the reality, you run more you win ! either to get the lead or hold the lead,strong play or keep away, the teams that commit to their run game winwhen it counts the most and the teams are the best !
            but it is just a silly coincidence that everyone should ignore

Comment

• down 10 in the 4th quarter with 10 minutes to go?
              I see the real potential to have 2 possessions and get 10-14 points. I will put together a drive that can get me a score in 5 minutes. Thatbis easilyaccomplished without having to go allpass ! My opponent will gain a middle possession and it will be up to my defense to stop them. THey might ry to run out the clock Can my team STOP the run and force them to punt with time left on the clock
              wow those t late game rush attempts are pretty important huh ?
              then when I do get the ball back I have to score with the time remaining.
              Here is where MOST teams do i fact go a;ll pass happy because an incomplete will stop the clock. but a pass into the middle of the field does not. a sack does not,an INT ends the opportunity and a runner can also getout of bounds and stop the clock andmake big yards because the D is devoted to stopping the PASS.
              My dear, my bigger concern is the team that gets behind by 10 points in the first HALF and they go all pass happy !
              to assume a team gets ahead by passing is absurd, and it is just a lie when you look at this years games !
              and the TEXANS proved that you can be down by 16 points in the SECOND HALF , yet you can still stay commited to the run and win !

Comment

buddy, that ice cream analogy holds up like soft serve in scottsdlae in summertime ( 118 degrees farenheit. )
                ( BTW send money to help the australians ! )

you must know I made another second tier prediction too.
                I said that a 25 / 35 threshold would dictate the outcome of games as well. !
                I said teams that ran 25+ times would most likely win and
                teams that threw the ball 35+ times or more would lose.

NONE of the chef haters are bold enough to even offer up a single scenario, let alone just straight up predictions of these up-coming games !
                CHEF HATERS can only have some explanatory post game comments that really still justify what I predicted.
                Teams with the most rush attempts will win !
                you run 25+ times you will most likely win.
                you pass 35+ times you most likely lose.
                Such is the reality of the NFL whom the chef haters all insist is a passing League for the Passing greats.
                gameday.
                all games outdoors.
                the worse the weather the smarter this moron and that lomblarney guy look

Comment

• It’s rushing attempts + completions that you are looking for. Even Chef knowledges the short passing game is a long handoff.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                    It’s rushing attempts + completions that you are looking for. Even Chef knowledges the short passing game is a long handoff.
                    If these teams were not solid in all phases they would not be here.
                    Those that are HOSTING at home have earned that advantage.
                    and they all happen to be outdoor teams.
                    3 of the 4 match-ups bring match-ups of offenses that are built around their RUNNING attack.
                    and the other, two dynamic QBs who usually lead their teams to victory because of their abilities to run as a weapon, either by chance or happenstance, it's still running and one less throw, one less sitting duck in the pocket.
                    You can hate on me all you want, feed the flame...

Just don't discount the importance of the run game in determining the outcome of every contest and as Lombardi said the Champion.
                    or as he put it,
                    "the one holding the trophy at the end of the season."

Comment

• It was a different game half a century ago when Vince Lombardi died. He probably never even conceived someone passing for over 4000 yards in a season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkie View Post
                        It was a different game half a century ago when Vince Lombardi died. He probably never even conceived someone passing for over 4000 yards in a season.
                        they were telling vince in the 1970's that the passing game was taking over offenses and that the run game would fade away..

Comment

• Lombardi's ideas are outdated and the game isn't even the same game. Winning in the NFL in today's game is all about QB play. It makes everything work or fail.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
                            Lombardi's ideas are outdated and the game isn't even the same game. Winning in the NFL in today's game is all about QB play. It makes everything work or fail.
                            ...and the running QB is taking over the game !

Comment

they were telling vince in the 1970's that the passing game was taking over offenses and that the run game would fade away..
                              Nope. He was dead in the 1970’s. The passing game didn’t take over. It’s just way more important.

There was only one 4000 yard passing season while Lombardi was still alive. That was Joe Namath in 1967.

There have been 185 4000 yard passing seasons since he died.

No doubt it’s a very different game with different rules.

Comment

• You should read the history of the forward pass. At one time it was illegal. Then it was a 10 yard penalty if it was incomplete. It was also a turnover if it fell to the ground untouched. It’s interesting.

Comment

Working...
                                X