Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chef's argument is like a fish story. He just keeps adding to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
      Chef's argument is like a fish story. He just keeps adding to it.
      I sure do, with every victory that features a team that wins with a run commitment stronger than their opponent.
      all the while worshipping some sasquach named lombardi !

Comment

• Originally posted by broncosjf View Post

It's not like that at all. It's more like pointing out that every time ice cream sales go up more people drown, so all you have to do to avoid drowning is not eat ice cream. Ice cream happens to be popular at the same time people like to swim, so it's not actually causing drowning, it's just happening at the same time because the weather is nice.

Running more than your opponent isn't causing a win. Running more than your opponent is happening when your offense is being efficient and successfully maintaining possession by getting first downs, which is a condition that often results in a win.

You were so close to understanding when you brought up first downs. Take the final step. I believe in you.

buddy, that ice cream analogy holds up like soft serve in scottsdlae in summertime ( 118 degrees farenheit. )
        ( BTW send money to help the australians ! )

you must know I made another second tier prediction too.
        I said that a 25 / 35 threshold would dictate the outcome of games as well. !
        I said teams that ran 25+ times would most likely win and
        teams that threw the ball 35+ times or more would lose.

NONE of the chef haters are bold enough to even offer up a single scenario, let alone just straight up predictions of these up-coming games !
        CHEF HATERS can only have some explanatory post game comments that really still justify what I predicted.
        Teams with the most rush attempts will win !
        you run 25+ times you will most likely win.
        you pass 35+ times you most likely lose.
        Such is the reality of the NFL whom the chef haters all insist is a passing League for the Passing greats.

Comment

• My prediction is that if a team wins 3-0 while running 40 times you will claim they won because they a ran a bunch rather than recognizing that their defense carried a dog **** offense that could only score 3 points.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
            My prediction is that if a team wins 3-0 while running 40 times you will claim they won because they a ran a bunch rather than recognizing that their defense carried a dog **** offense that could only score 3 points.
            "hey guys, you dudes on defense... don't even dress !
            special teams, stay on the special kids bus.
            all you wide receivers, just stay there in front of the mirrors and chill.
            This clown chef says all we have to do is run the ball 25+ times, and so far he is 15 for 15 in the most recent play-offs regardless of the match-up or QB or Coach... Home field or anything.
            He does say some arse clown named lambrini says winter weather has some kinda influence,oh and we gotta stop their running..."

Comment

My prediction is that if a team wins 3-0 while running 40 times you will claim they won because they a ran a bunch rather than recognizing that their defense carried a dog **** offense that could only score 3 points.
              wow really went out there on a limb.
              typical . come back AFTER the games when your predictions will be revealed.

Comment

• As pointed out - the # of runs (and success of rushing) is a by-product of an effective offense. In -some- cases the actual rushing game is the reason they won. There was a game like that this last weekend. But only one. The other 3 games were not won because of the running game. Running 3 more times than the Bills didn't somehow magically wear them out, so that the Texans won. The Bills were the much more effective rushing team - they lost.

Bills - 30 carries - 172 yards - 5.7 yards a carry
                Texans - 33 carries - 141 yards - 4.3 yards a carry

Titans are the only team that won last week almost solely based on their ability to control the clock and wear out the Patriots via the rushing game. To those who are not wearing blinders, it's obvious which games were dominated by a rushing attack, and which ones were not. By and large, by FAR, a potent passing game is what drives an offense. Which you can expect, since all the rules now favor the passing game and high scoring games. It's why QBs go for a mint, and why a single every down back is now rare. And why RBs are basically a dime a dozen anymore.

If the team with the most rushing attempts wins often, again - it doesn't mean that those rushing attempts are the -reason- they won. Sometimes it is.. but rarely.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post
                  As pointed out - the # of runs (and success of rushing) is a by-product of an effective offense. In -some- cases the actual rushing game is the reason they won. There was a game like that this last weekend. But only one. The other 3 games were not won because of the running game. Running 3 more times than the Bills didn't somehow magically wear them out, so that the Texans won. The Bills were the much more effective rushing team - they lost.

Titans are the only team that won last week almost solely based on their ability to control the clock and wear out the Patriots via the rushing game. To those who are not wearing blinders, it's obvious which games were dominated by a rushing attack, and which ones were not. By and large, by FAR, a potent passing game is what drives an offense. Which you can expect, since all the rules now favor the passing game and high scoring games. It's why QBs go for a mint, and why a single every down back is now rare. And why RBs are basically a dime a dozen anymore.

If the team with the most rushing attempts wins often, again - it doesn't mean that those rushing attempts are the -reason- they won. Sometimes it is.. but rarely.
                  I set paramaters for winning and losing based on pass attempts and run attempts along with the magical you run more you win lunacy !
                  25 + runs you win, 35 + passes you lose. Not outrageous #s for any typical NFL game.
                  No flaws in those predictions either !every team that threw more than 35 tiimes LOST and every team except the SAINTS busted their butts to get to 25 runs, those who ran less than their opponents lost
                  there was 1 tie at 26

It is comments like "dime a dozen" that compels me to illuminate the reality for those of you who have been vomiting this false narrative for 50 years and still the name lombardi gleems on the trophy of the team that embraces the run game !
                  you are aware that the texans fell behind by 16 points running the ball only 8 times in the first half.
                  8 rushes zero points first half.
                  the texans then demolished all theories about the step-child run game when IN THE SECOND HALF they ran the ball 25 times to the bills 14 and won the game .
                  The bills abandoned the RUN GAME that got them the lead and then threw the game away by passing the ball 48 times !

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoFox View Post
                    As pointed out - the # of runs (and success of rushing) is a by-product of an effective offense. In -some- cases the actual rushing game is the reason they won. There was a game like that this last weekend. But only one. The other 3 games were not won because of the running game. Running 3 more times than the Bills didn't somehow magically wear them out, so that the Texans won. The Bills were the much more effective rushing team - they lost.

The Titans won more off their defense than their run game. So even that one doesn’t really match up with Chef’s stupid idea.

Comment

The Titans won more off their defense than their run game. So even that one doesn’t really match up with Chef’s stupid idea.
                      I never discounted defense or any other element of the game !
                      special teams plays can alter the outcome of a game where the stat sheet shows one clear winner and yet thet same team loses the game because of 2 special teams plays.

Lombardi did say run the ball and stop the run, he also refered to winter conditions, why I often say the passing has an advantage in the SB because the field conditions are almost always ideal and teams that get to the end usually have done so by STOPPING the RUN !
                      It takes a balanced offense !
                      last week only one team ran less than 25 times and they lost saints.
                      and 2 teams passed more than 35 times and they both lost, pats* and the bills.
                      WTF were the bills throwing the ball 30 times in the second half with a 16 point lead ?
                      we all know and agree josh should have been running, not passing the ball.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

I never discounted defense or any other element of the game !
                        Yes you did when you made the claim that the team that rushes most always wins.

Comment

"hey guys, you dudes on defense... don't even dress !
                          special teams, stay on the special kids bus.
                          all you wide receivers, just stay there in front of the mirrors and chill.
                          This clown chef says all we have to do is run the ball 25+ times, and so far he is 15 for 15 in the most recent play-offs regardless of the match-up or QB or Coach... Home field or anything.
                          He does say some arse clown named lambrini says winter weather has some kinda influence,oh and we gotta stop their running..."
                          lol

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Horsemen View Post

lol

glad you enjoyed it. I love football and comedy. I do not like it when folks call the run game a joke.
                            same folks who call running backs a dime a dozen and shut down the value of a running back by quoting the salaries of QBs.

It is just preposterous to predict that with all the best teams , at the end of the season, matched head to head, the best of the best... it is moronic, idiotic and ludicrous to suggest that the team with the most rush attempts will also be the winner !
                            rediculous !
                            15 for 15 rediculous.

Comment

• Just now, joe judge.
                              "this game will always be about, running tackling, ball security. "
                              what an idiot he did not say "passing ."

Comment

Just now, joe judge.
                                "this game will always be about, running tackling, ball security. "
                                what an idiot he did not say "passing ."
                                Wait, now it’s running, tackling, and ball security? I thought number of rushing attempts was all that really mattered. I’m quite sure you beat that drum until it broke in fact. You can’t even keep your own nonsense football theories straight at this point, can you?

Comment

Working...
                                X