X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stoopid CHEF RUN crap , part 2

Play-offs.
    the best teams face off to determine the very best.
    In the games that matter most, when every team must be sound in all 3 phases, that lame arse CHEF thinks that the team that has the most rush attempts will win every match-up !

There may be some crazy special teams plays or turnovers to effect the outcome, but this lame arse CHEF, just like VINCE LOMBARDI believes that in the NFL, you RUN TO WIN !

I will be posting HALF TIME RESULTS AS WELL, just to diminish the notion that teams only run when they are ahead.
    just a reminder, in last years play-offs , teams that had the most rush attempts were 11 for 11 in the win column.
    enjoy your hate, but mind the results.

week one 8 teams.
    amongst all these play-off QBs, ONLY brees will be able to throw the ball 40 + times and win !
    every other QB all 7 of them, if they throw the ball more than 40 times will LOSE!
    and I also guarantee a victory for any team that RUNS the ball 25+ times in regulation.

Comment

We all like to run chef. We just disagree that your inane blanket statement lacks depth and understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by OABB View Post
        We all like to run chef. We just disagree that your inane blanket statement lacks depth and understanding.
        I know you folks resent the simplicity of the comment,
        " The team that runs the most will win"
        even when the results prove the simplicity right !
        You try to trivialize the reality with your own blanket statement that teams get ahead by PASSING and then and only then do they pile up rush attempts to close out the game.

Beyond the simplicity is the actual run commitment as well as the ability to not only run the ball effectively during the ENTIRE game, as well as that same teams ability to stop the run !
        the team that runs BEST will inevitably run the most during the game;
        unless of course its the cowboys who will shut down their own run game the moment they trail in a game.
        I call it andy reid syndrome.

I know you also HATE my markers for success and failure !
        A team that runs 25 + times will win.
        a team that throws the ball 40 + times will lose.

But let's see how those indicators play out as well.
        there will always be special teams plays and turnovers to upset my apple cart, but last year play0off teams were 11 for 11 when they ran the ball more than their opponent.

Comment

See?

Comment

By that logic, then the best team that meets that criteria true, is the Vikings, no?
            I think they’re where they are and gotten to this point is by the strength of their running game and average passing game.
            Though San Francisco’s been pretty good on both departments, they’ve also been a very balanced team defensively with a pretty strong defensive front as well...

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
              By that logic, then the best team that meets that criteria true, is the Vikings, no?
              I think they’re where they are and gotten to this point is by the strength of their running game and average passing game.
              Though San Francisco’s been pretty good on both departments, they’ve also been a very balanced team defensively with a pretty strong defensive front as well...
              best run team is the ravens.

VIKINGS are built to run but delvin cook may not be 100% and neither is their explosive back-up.
              They are a KUBIAK team though, so they do have a pipeline of backs, so we will see.
              TITANS, anyone here think their gameplan doesnt include 30 carries for the team ?
              GREENBAY, it's all about Aaron...JONES !
              The 49ers have bobby turner, the greatest running back coach of all time, should go to HOF !
              BILLS, like the titans, would not surprise me if both teams ran the ball 40 times.
              and speaking of 40... I would not be surprised if the 40 + QB, drew brees, threw the ball 40 + times and did win his game , hence not picking the vikes , who I would love to see in the big dance.

At this level, it id easy to understand how these teams got to the play-offs...
              THEY RUN THE MUTHERTRUCKIN" BALL !

At this level, you must not only run the ball, because your opponent is who they are,
              you must also be able to STOP THE RUN.
              So here we go the first 4 games to test my "theory ".
              that is if you dont count last years 11 !

Comment

See?
                smell ?

Comment

Multiple playoff teams had more pass attempts than run attempts to get a lead in last years playoffs.

I’ll be waiting for you to post this years halftime results too.

i love how he uses the Ravens “running the ball”. Yet ignores most of those are pass plays where Lamar takes off...RB having nothing to do with it.

Comment

See?
                    TASTE !

Comment

Hell I’ll go to the first wildcard win last year.

Colts had more pass attempts than run attempts that resulted in a 21-0 lead by halftime. Then went on to win the game with more “rush attempts” than Houston.

Comment

Back in Vince’s day you had to run to win.

Now it’s more complicated. You can run or pass to get a lead, and then you run to keep the lead and work the clock. You need to pass to comeback and save precious minutes on the clock.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                          Hell I’ll go to the first wildcard win last year.

Colts had more pass attempts than run attempts that resulted in a 21-0 lead by halftime. Then went on to win the game with more “rush attempts” than Houston.

Same with Chargers.......

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

Same with Chargers.......
                            cherry pick 2 of the 11 games, regardless what I proclaimed remained TRUE, those teams also put up the most rush ATTEMPTS in their victories.
                            What if they ran 3 times and out with each late posession ?

Having the capacity to run the ball when you NEED TO is not an indictment of my claim, it is an indorsement !

The Dan Fouts san diego CHARGERS was one of the most prolific passing offenses of the NFL
                            "air Coryell "
                            But the team "passed on running"
                            and consistently failed to win big games, because they never could control the clock.

Time of Posession was now something to be considered.

and even back then, football enthusiast needed to be reminded WHY Vince Lombardis name is on that trophy.
                            "run to Win ", whom amongst you have read it ?

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                              I will be posting HALF TIME RESULTS AS WELL, just to diminish the notion that teams only run when they are ahead.
                              just a reminder, in last years play-offs , teams that had the most rush attempts were 11 for 11 in the win column.
                              enjoy your hate, but mind the results.

Rushing attempts is not the sole determiner of who wins football games. You completely ignore the circumstances of individual games and just look at the box score at the end. You made this silly ass assertion earlier in the year and multiple posters correctly pointed out several teams won games while being outran by the game's loser. And while the 2018 playoffs may have gone 11/11 for teams with most rush attempts blah blah, 2017 was different. The Panthers outran the Saints in the WC round, and the Jaguars outran the Patriots in the AFC Championship.

To sum up, how many times you run the ball is not the reason teams win games. You know that. You have been shown that. You continue to ignore it.

Comment

Working...
                              X