Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• qbronco
    replied
    I’m not in favor of it. The less distractions, the better. They can edit video to take players’ and coaches’ behaviors and comments out of context. It’s unfair to misrepresent them in that way. Oh, Joe Ellis can go f*ck himself!

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Fangio would hate that camera crew around him. He’s so against distractions he stopped the music and the hair cuts. Hard knocks wants to come to Denver? Fangio will make sure it looks like tasteless potato chips.
    Too much texture. It’d be more like tasteless mashed potatoes.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by Kwisatz Broncerach View Post
    I could see Ellis try and get the Broncos on to build hype around the team. Same as how he's dying to go play Atlanta in London. Denver has a weak brand right now. Hard Knocks would build it back a bit. I think they can control what content airs, so they probably wouldn't have to address the ownership fiasco. They could probably take a bunch of shots of Bowlen's statue to make everyone sentimental for his legacy.

It might kill Don Fangio though.
    Fangio would hate that camera crew around him. He’s so against distractions he stopped the music and the hair cuts. Hard knocks wants to come to Denver? Fangio will make sure it looks like tasteless potato chips.

Leave a comment:

• Kwisatz Broncerach
    replied
    I could see Ellis try and get the Broncos on to build hype around the team. Same as how he's dying to go play Atlanta in London. Denver has a weak brand right now. Hard Knocks would build it back a bit. I think they can control what content airs, so they probably wouldn't have to address the ownership fiasco. They could probably take a bunch of shots of Bowlen's statue to make everyone sentimental for his legacy.

It might kill Don Fangio though.

Leave a comment:

• KipCorrington25
    replied
    OMG when that car got moved probably the funniest prank in the history of earth!

Leave a comment:

• R8R H8R
    replied
    Originally posted by strafen View Post

Did we ever get on that show when Shannon Sharpe was here.
    Good lord. I can only imagine!
    i don’t remember the Broncos ever getting the show. I know that Shanahan being vehemently against it, and he might have even asked Bowlen to use his authority and take the Broncos off the list. But I do remember that the Ravens was on it once when Shannon was still there. I saw a couple of episodes that featured him and his TC roommate, Tony “Goose” Siragusa, and they were a crackup together.

Goose was always playing pranks on Shannon such as locking him in the TE meeting room from the outside when he was allowed to leave a meeting early; he got stuck there, and eventually went out the window disturbing the meaning. But the best prank was when Goose got Shannon’s keys somehow and moved his car out of the parking lot area, and Shannon thought his car was stolen! Shannon confronted Goose about it, but Goose never admitted it. Those were some of the best episodes I have seen.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied

No doubt they’ll try to block. If Locks offseason has a lot of media love they may try for Denver.
    I just suspect that someone will Volunteer before it comes down to a public showdown between the NFL and the Rooney's over the issue. No one wins in that situation There will be some quiet deal behind the scene to settle the issue.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

I think HBO will be all over the Steelers for this. Will the Rooney's block?? That's the question.
    No doubt they’ll try to block. If Locks offseason has a lot of media love they may try for Denver.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied

Outside of Lock Broncos are among the most boring in the league. Steelers would probably be Hard Knocks target. Maybe Cardinals with Murray but they are boring too.
    I think HBO will be all over the Steelers for this. Will the Rooney's block?? That's the question.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied

Sure but the Detroit Lions aren't exciting anyone. The last thing HBO wants to be stuck with is Hard Knocks with the Lions.
    Outside of Lock Broncos are among the most boring in the league. Steelers would probably be Hard Knocks target. Maybe Cardinals with Murray but they are boring too.

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied

I think Stafford is interesting. Anyone that goes to a fans house randomly and plays himself on Madden with the kids is damn cool in my book
    Sure but the Detroit Lions aren't exciting anyone. The last thing HBO wants to be stuck with is Hard Knocks with the Lions.

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied

Stafford? The Lions?? Ratings disaster big time.
    I think Stafford is interesting. Anyone that goes to a fans house randomly and plays himself on Madden with the kids is damn cool in my book

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied
    Originally posted by strafen View Post

Did we ever get on that show when Shannon Sharpe was here.
    Good lord. I can only imagine!
    Maaaaaan if we could have got a '97 or '98 Broncos Hard Knocks....
    I'd have it playing on an endless loop.

Click image for larger version  Name:	source.gif Views:	1 Size:	5.32 MB ID:	2549957

Leave a comment:

• GoneFishin'
    replied

Yep. Lock is a media’s dream.

Stafford also may draw viewers in. Whichever team has drama they’ll pick too.

whats their policy on back to back teams from the same division? Maybe they don’t pick them based on that
    Stafford? The Lions?? Ratings disaster big time.

Leave a comment:

• v2micca
    replied
    Originally posted by Ziggy View Post

No, but he was on when he played with the Ravens. The rookie show that year when he was imitated by one of the rooks was a Hard Knocks Hall of Fame Comedy classic. Watch at 16:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUbpWLY2FYw
    Damn, you weren't kidding. I did not know this existed and how much I needed it in my life.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X