Grade Hallmark Vic’s first season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Samiwindr View Post
    First time head coach saddled with Flacco, and still comes away 7-9. I gave him a B for not benching Flacco earlier, but otherwise I think he's going to turn into a solid coach for us. Expect 10-6 and participation in a playoff game next year.
    respectfully, I do not think benching flacco or starting LOCK, or any other QB was VIC's decision to make.
    Definatly not exclusively and and perhaps not at all.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

I think you're grading on a curve because you blame Elway for a lot of stuff. And I'm not absolving Elway, but the HC still ultimately gets graded on the end product. And that includes some terrible in game adjustments and awful situational decision making.

Terrible handling of the QB situation. Relatedly, bad PR skills when it comes to player relationships. And as I see it so far, I think his defensive scheme is solid in most cases, but he seems incapable of thinking outside it when the scenario (like snow in KC) breaks his scheme.

C+
      Of course I’m blaming Elway for a lot of stuff. He’s the guy who built the talent-poor roster. He’s the guy who traded for Flacco. Anyway, I’m only talking about the people giving him an F or a D. That’s just silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Of course I’m blaming Elway for a lot of stuff. He’s the guy who built the talent-poor roster. He’s the guy who traded for Flacco. Anyway, I’m only talking about the people giving him an F or a D. That’s just silly.
        dude, **** your grading scale....L.O.L.

win or GTFO!

Comment

I gave him a D. I feel that we were a team better than our records indicated throughout the season .
          We’ve lost 3-4 winnable close games, at least two of those game losses were poor game management. That was the difference between having a losing season or being in the playoffs given that the raiders almost made it.
          Theres nothing hidden there. It’s all there in plain view...
          We've got to instill a winning culture that existed back in the Reeves-Shannahan eras where nobody would come to Denver and walk away a winner. We were one of the best home field advantages in all football.
          A bad season was an 8-8 season with a 7-1 home record.
          We haven’t had, to the best of my recollection, that kind of home field dominance since Shanahan left...

Comment

Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
            I'd give him a B-. The team has roster holes all over the place and Fangio had to overcome significant injuries which impeded what he could do defensively. There were some questionable in game decisions, but overall there is hope and significant improvement over VJ's cluster****,
            This exactly. I gave him a B but some bone head moves made it less than a solid B. Luckily, he overruled our OC to get the PI at the end of a game.

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post

I gave him a D.
              Well yeah, but you're an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post

dude, **** your grading scale....L.O.L.

win or GTFO!
                Grading based solely off of wins and losses without consideration for circumstance is how owners end up firing good coaches and continuing the cycle of suck.

Comment

It seems very few are throwing out a D or F, which should point out to those that are doing so, how skewed their logic is.

Comment

if you don't agree with me, then you probably enjoy the smell of your own farts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=4219841.gif
Views:	56
Size:	1.55 MB
ID:	2546134

Comment

if you don't agree with me, then you probably enjoy the smell of your own farts.
                      If 7-9 with this roster is an F, what would you give Zac Taylor with the Bengals? If your grading system makes no sense, your grades are meaningless.

Comment

If 7-9 with this roster is an F, what would you give Zac Taylor with the Bengals? If your grading system makes no sense, your grades are meaningless.
                        I don't care how you graded him. Get over it that we don't agree. WTF is wrong with you?

Comment

I don't care how you graded him. Get over it that we don't agree. WTF is wrong with you?
                          So basically you don't really have a rationale to support your grade, and don't want to discuss things on a discussion board. Okay then.

Comment

So basically you don't really have a rationale to support your grade, and don't want to discuss things on a discussion board. Okay then.
                            I just put it out there. I HAD NO idea someone would get their panties in wad over it. Is it necessary to validate all my takes? It's poll for ****'s sakes

Comment

Well yeah, but you're an idiot.
                              And you’re a kind of special idiot, aren’t you?!
                              Why don’t you quote my whole reasoning of why my grading?!
                              I’m not hating on the guy for you to insult me because you can’t conceive that not only he gets a failing grade, but most importantly it doesn’t align with your own opinion.

Before we get too blindly in love with Fangio and fog our senses, let’s just say I have concerns.
                              I’ll leave it at that...

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post

And you’re a kind of special idiot, aren’t you?!
                                Why don’t you quote my whole reasoning of why my grading?!

Comment

Working...
                                X