Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Ellis: Broncos sale "is an option" if Bowlen children can't agree for Brittany to take control.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joe Ellis boogeyman alive and well at the Mane.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
      Joe Ellis boogeyman alive and well at the Mane.

Not boogeymanning at all. It's a rational move on his part.

The trust was established to ensure this didn't come down to a legal brouhaha, so if the kids can't pick a controlling successor amicably, sale should be presented as the only alternative.

The earlier they understand that, the better.

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
        This is really Ellis taking a warning shot at the family to get in line behind Brittany.... or else. Not much more to take out of it.
        While it is a power play on Ellis's part, it's also the reality of the situation. No one Heir has the finances to buy the others out, and they all have a tax bill due soon based on their inheritance. If the heirs cannot jointly agree on a single individual to act as the new Controlling Owner of the Broncos, selling the team to a third party is the only viable choice.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post

While it is a power play on Ellis's part, it's also the reality of the situation. No one Heir has the finances to buy the others out, and they all have a tax bill due soon based on their inheritance. If the heirs cannot jointly agree on a single individual to act as the new Controlling Owner of the Broncos, selling the team to a third party is the only viable choice.
          Agree 100%. And as I've said before, I'd prefer a sale at this point. Dividing this franchise 6 ways has its own problems, even if all parties can agree on a controlling interest.

I'd rather see a clean sale to an owner who wants to win at least as much as make money, and has the resources to play it that way.

Comment

Working...
          X