Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, QB1 is settled. Who do we want for our Back up QB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad poll is bad. We need multiple options. I say we keep Flacco, he looks good with a clip board. We sign Sloter back, he can be QB2 and a Kyle Juszczyk style fullback. Then we draft the next Tom Brady in the 6th round.

Comment

Allen is fine as a backup. He reminds me of Gary Kubiak when Kubes backed up Elway (no threat to the starting job, good teammate, can be effective in limited appearances like Allen showed in the Cleveland game). Allen also is mobile, as is Drew Lock, so the Broncos don't have to change the offense much if Allen plays. And Allen won't cost much.

That said, if Rypien or a later round pick at qb can beat out Allen in training camp, so be it. I wouldn't spend money above what Allen's salary is on a journeyman backup qb from another team.

Comment

IM fine with Allen. But still would like to have AJ MacCarron on the team. that poll answer got my vote.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
          IM fine with Allen. But still would like to have AJ MacCarron on the team. that poll answer got my vote.
          I vote for AJ so they keep showing his wife!

Comment

Love to see a guy like Fitzpatrick signed... he can win games off the bench, and is a very smart guy with a ton of experience...

Comment

Originally posted by B-Large View Post
              Love to see a guy like Fitzpatrick signed... he can win games off the bench, and is a very smart guy with a ton of experience...
              If Magic signs up for a backup role, it will be behind some scrub he feels like he can break through against.

If he came to Denver, he knows he's out, barring injury.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaMagnum View Post

I vote for AJ so they keep showing his wife!
                its a good bonus if he ever has to start.

Comment

Flacco is the pocket sloth. Cut him, release him , don't put him on the roster. He requires a great O line to stay upright at all. . Keep Allen and Ryzien and draft a QB late, watching the UDFA lists closely. Always bring in new talent that fits the new scheme we need to implement for a QB that CAN run the RPO when needed.

SPEED!

Comment

Flacco can be back-up if he takes a restructure to 5 mil a year or less otherwise he should kick rocks.

For fun:

Chargers need a guy named "Truckup".
                    Then the west would be "Lock, Mahomes, Carr, & Truckup."
                    Or "Key" or "Boat" or "Shed" would work too.

Comment

TEBOW

(not really, just want to light things up for the new year )

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Started and sucked just like he sucked in the preseason over the years. I’ll take the guy with obscenely good preseason stats over multiple years over the guy who has had crappy preseason stats and a few crappy regular season starts, thanks.
                        YOU WILL. THE entire NFL won't. In a NFL where Case Keenum and Trevor Siemian continue to get run as QB's...Sloter can't even get token start.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

YOU WILL. THE entire NFL won't. In a NFL where Case Keenum and Trevor Siemian continue to get run as QB's...Sloter can't even get token start.
                          The NFL is really stupid. This is not news. As soon as one team lets Sloter play in a game the lemmings will suddenly decide he’s a viable option. It’s laughably silly.

Comment

Just get Flacco off the roster. I'm fine with Allen being the backup. He's fairly mobile, intelligent, decentish arm. Seems to have a good rapport with Lock. Definitely look at a taking a flier on a late round QB and bringing in a veteran camp arm, but I don't think it's a huge priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

The NFL is really stupid. This is not news. As soon as one team lets Sloter play in a game the lemmings will suddenly decide he’s a viable option. It’s laughably silly.
                              Stop trying to make Sloter happen, it's not going to happen.

Comment

Allen is fine as a vet min type of backup but he isn’t worth more than that unless he is some sort of film room savant like kubiak behind the scenes.

there are several options for a vet backup that make more sense than Allen assuming we are going to spend around $2 mil for one which is the cost of the lowest RFA tender

Comment

Working...
                                X