Cowboys, Giants, Redskins, Panthers, Jags, Browns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

I disagree. It is never understandable to give up a future 1st rd pick for a 2nd rd pick....especially for an undersized CB. That was brutal.
    True, and again that turned to be a disaster. However, IF he Alphonso Smith turned out to be someone like Asante Samuel, that would have been a 1st round talent for a second round price.

Again, that team was desperate for a playmaker corner or DB.

Not landing Earl Thomas was a real disaster, however they did get Brian Dawkins in FA. Earl Thomas clearly would have been the better pick.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

A DE’s 40 time means almost nothing. Ayers’ lack of overall athleticism was a definite issue though.
      Well, 40 times are a factor imo with outside players. Any outside players from WRs to DBs and yes DEs/OLBs.

That is a big factor imo. More important than the 40 is that 10 yard burst. Yes there are times when the 40 can be misleading for the purpose of the position.

Von Miller ran a 4.5 and his agility numbers were at the top.

Comment

• McCarthy to the Cowboys

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
          McCarthy to the Cowboys
          Perfect puppet type for Jerry.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Take receiving out of the equation, and it's no longer much of a puzzle, especially considering draft investment

Rushing Yards...

PL 2048
            KM 1726

Yards per Attempt

PL 4.9
            KM 4.0
            KM was 4.1 YPC (4.3 in 2013), but 4.9 yards per touch.
            PL is 4.9 YPC (4.5 in 2019) and 5.1 per touch.

Why would you take receiving out of it? You have to look at total contributions to try and account for offensive scheme differences. How many 1000K rushers has McDaniels coordinated? I think Blount in 2016 with 300 carries, and maybe Ridley at some point in the way past. They always have a ton of catches though.

Health was Moreno's biggest issue, along with being over drafted. 2013 was really what Moreno always was, and could have continued to be if his knees weren't shot. 1600 yards from scrimmage and 13 TD's is nothing to sneeze at.

Everyone forgets how Denver rode him late in 2012 as well. In the 6 games he started after Willis went down, KM had 510 yards rushing, 155 Yards receiving and 6TD's. That would be a 1360, 413 and 16TD season.

It's important to remember, I'm not saying I don't like Lindsay, I love him. I loved Moreno too, people ignore all his positives because he wasn't a burner, and where (and by whom) he was drafted.

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

True, and again that turned to be a disaster. However, IF he Alphonso Smith turned out to be someone like Asante Samuel, that would have been a 1st round talent for a second round price.

Again, that team was desperate for a playmaker corner or DB.

Not landing Earl Thomas was a real disaster, however they did get Brian Dawkins in FA. Earl Thomas clearly would have been the better pick.

Except, we didn't get Alphonso Smith for a second round price. We paid a first rounder for him, just deferred a season. Also, you are ignoring the context of the draft. the 2009 draft was universally considered an average to week draft were as everyone expected the 2010 draft to be packed due to the uncertainty surrounding the 2011 CBA and looming NFL lockout. Every eligible player was going to be declaring for the 2010 draft and every front office knew that as early as 2008. To give away a 2010 first rounder for a 2009 pick should have gotten McDaniels fired on the spot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

Yeah, it was. He was the all time ACC leader in ints. The Broncos defense generated 6 ints as a team in 2008.

If he turned out to be an Asante Samuel or Antoine Winfield, it would have been worth it.

I am not a crystal ball type. I was hoping they would draft a playmaker corner. They did and it didn't work out.

Typical, but the draft pick made sense considering the needs of that team at the time.
                Just because you need a position doesn't mean taking a player too early and dealing a 1st round pick for a 2nd round one makes any sense.

McDaniels had a small draft board and thought he was smarter than everyone else. Which is why **** blew up in his face. It was a terrible pick, terrible decision and inexcusable.

Comment

• Originally posted by CEH View Post
                  McCarthy to the Cowboys
                  If they retain Cooper, this could be an interesting offense and season to watch next year.
                  Dak, Zeke, Amari and Gallup. Now they need a TE and their D should be pretty solid.

Comment

• I am going to start an ex-wife thread.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                        Uh huh....Not many people were talking up Vrabel in week 6. Houston is winning despite O' Brien at this point and I'm sure the book on Flores has been written at 5-11.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2KBack View Post

KM was 4.1 YPC (4.3 in 2013), but 4.9 yards per touch.
                          PL is 4.9 YPC (4.5 in 2019) and 5.1 per touch.

Why would you take receiving out of it? You have to look at total contributions to try and account for offensive scheme differences. How many 1000K rushers has McDaniels coordinated? I think Blount in 2016 with 300 carries, and maybe Ridley at some point in the way past. They always have a ton of catches though.

Health was Moreno's biggest issue, along with being over drafted. 2013 was really what Moreno always was, and could have continued to be if his knees weren't shot. 1600 yards from scrimmage and 13 TD's is nothing to sneeze at.

Everyone forgets how Denver rode him late in 2012 as well. In the 6 games he started after Willis went down, KM had 510 yards rushing, 155 Yards receiving and 6TD's. That would be a 1360, 413 and 16TD season.

It's important to remember, I'm not saying I don't like Lindsay, I love him. I loved Moreno too, people ignore all his positives because he wasn't a burner, and where (and by whom) he was drafted.
                          He sucked for the #12 overall pick. The end.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
                            I do like Vrabel

Comment

Working...
                            X