Lock Rapping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

Those guys weren't on big deals. They weren't rookie deals, but they weren't big deals either. When you look at % of the cap they're not close to the top ones you see today.
    I don't know what Brees deal was but Manning always set the market at QB contract wise. John always was at the top of the QB pay scale. Farverer was always top paid maybe up until the end.

What LossCableguy doesn't understand is how hard it is to keep a team together dynasty wise with a QB who sets the market like mmmHommmessmms will do in a year. When you are paying a QB that much there are other key depth guys you can't keep. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that Pat could win a SB being the highest paid QB in the NFL, it is repeating or competitive every year that is difficult.

As far as Brady's deals went he always met with Belly and they talked about what they needed to win Cap wise so he took hometown discounts to keep winning and paying other guys. He also has a super model wife who makes a ton of money.

I just hope kFc locks up Pat before he gets to throwing 8 TD's a year, 2,000 yards etc... they way he is trending.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

I don't know what Brees deal was but Manning always set the market at QB contract wise. John always was at the top of the QB pay scale. Farverer was always top paid maybe up until the end.

What LossCableguy doesn't understand is how hard it is to keep a team together dynasty wise with a QB who sets the market like mmmHommmessmms will do in a year. When you are paying a QB that much there are other key depth guys you can't keep. It isn't out of the realm of possibility that Pat could win a SB being the highest paid QB in the NFL, it is repeating or competitive every year that is difficult.

As far as Brady's deals went he always met with Belly and they talked about what they needed to win Cap wise so he took hometown discounts to keep winning and paying other guys. He also has a super model wife who makes a ton of money.

I just hope kFc locks up Pat before he gets to throwing 8 TD's a year, 2,000 yards etc... they way he is trending.
      They were top of the market, but the dynamic has changed because QB contract inflation has been higher than general cap inflation. 10% of the cap would be a market-setting QB deal 10-15 years ago. It's closer to 20% now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

Can you provide an example of a player who bucked the trend and won a SB on the monster QB deal? Brady has always played on a discount.
        manning

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

manning
          Nope, keep reading.

Comment

• Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Fishin has it on here somewhere. It's hilarious.

Comment

• Haha!
              What’s not to like about Drew.
              Nothing is going to bring him down type of attitude.
              Love that!

Comment

• Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
                Click image for larger version

Name:	ENK5IRHUUAA4ZIx?format=jpg&name=900x900.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	2545619
                Lol, that's awesome - I'm stealing that!

Comment

• πŸ΄πŸ“πŸ”’ 😎🚬

Comment

• And in a development that should probably shock no one, about 65% of Drew Lock Highlight clips on youtube produced during the last two weeks are cut together using "Put On" as the soundtrack.

If he was a baseball player, I would say that's his official walk-up music now.

Comment

Working...
                    X