Fangio or Lock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

L O L... this place...

Fangio will get extended here after year 3.

Comment

Originally posted by SVine View Post
      I sometimes get the impression that Fangio and Lock have a lot of tension and struggle to coexist.

I am kinda thinking that one of them might have to depart, or am I reading too much in their apparent strained relationship?
      Did you ever see Parcells and Simms? Lol
      Click image for larger version

Name:	bill_parcells_yelling_at_simms.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	2545748

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post

Did you ever see Parcells and Simms? Lol
        Click image for larger version

Name:	bill_parcells_yelling_at_simms.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	13.5 KB
ID:	2545748
        And I haven’t even seen Fangio give Lock a dirty look, much less yell at him. The whole premise of this thread is just bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by SVine View Post
          I sometimes get the impression that Fangio and Lock have a lot of tension and struggle to coexist.

I am kinda thinking that one of them might have to depart, or am I reading too much in their apparent strained relationship?
          Explanation?

Comment

I think you’re overthinking it.

Comment

Meh, I think Fangio is just an old school defensive minded coach that didn't really want to have to deal with grooming and training a rookie QB. It has nothing to do with Lock personally, its just that nurturing a young QB just isn't really his speed. So, he's making the best of the situation and appears to at least be grateful that he's changing fewer diapers than he expected.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                L O L... this place...

Fangio will get extended here after year 3.
                Completely irrelevant. Lock will still be here long after Vangio is even an afterthought to the Broncos organization.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                  Meh, I think Fangio is just an old school defensive minded coach that didn't really want to have to deal with grooming and training a rookie QB. It has nothing to do with Lock personally, its just that nurturing a young QB just isn't really his speed. So, he's making the best of the situation and appears to at least be grateful that he's changing fewer diapers than he expected.
                  Agreed. I also think he’s a guy who saves his accolades and criticism for private conversation. He did pretty well for all the handicaps to start the season. Callahan and James left gaping holes. Chubb injured early. Flacco being Flacco. All I know is this team had every right to quit on him, yet they only seemed to get better as the season wore on. The team must have believed in the messaging or they would have quit. Imagine how well this defense would have looked if the O could have put 20+ points on the board? If we win 10 games next year, everyone will be firmly on board the Fangio train, whether Lock turns out to be Favre or Frerotte.

Comment

People really take Fangio’s initial comments about Lock needing to learn how to be a QB too far.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnySunshine View Post

Completely irrelevant. Lock will still be here long after Vangio is even an afterthought to the Broncos organization.
                      J-sun, my man, did you buy some 5 game anointment snake oil ?

Comment

Originally posted by Broncoandrew View Post
                        I think Fangio is taking the right approach. I like Lock, hes played well for a rookie and doesnt seem to be making the same mistake twice. At 4-1 hes shown some pretty good things. Hes been fairly accurate and made some really impressive throws to keep drives alive. He has exhibited a fairly mature pocket presence, his attitude seems to be the right one to get people to buy into him. He spreads the ball around and takes what the defense is giving him.

However, he hasnt exactly lit the world on fire. Hes had 2 or less touchdowns in every game hes played but one where he has thrown zero. I dont believe hes thrown over 200 yards in any single game (although he might have in Huston). And hes now won 2 games with great defensive play.

I'm very excited for what Lock can develop into, but he is two defensive plays from a 2-3 record. So let's try and pump the brakes. Hes not proven hes as good as Carr let alone Mahomes.
                        Lighting the world on fire isn't the expectation. As Rookies go, he actually was well ahead of expectations. His 5 games would scale to a 3300 23TD 10INT 16 game season. That's better than David Carr's rookie season, better than Lamar Jackson's passing stats as a rookie by far, better than Darnold's rookie year, better than Josh Allen's first and second season, better than Ben B's first 3 seasons, statistically better than Tom Brady's first season starting, better than Drew Brees was in year 3.

We are free to get as excited as we would like, he proved that he can play in this league as well as some of the best to ever do it did (as rookies, or early in careers). That is step one. Now it's up to him to put the work in and improve. At this point his floor is Cutler, we don't know his ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

The crazy **** some people post on the OM...
                          No kidding, there was a real idiot here the other day flexing a Hire Shurmur thread that went nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post

No kidding, there was a real idiot here the other day flexing a Hire Shurmur thread that went nowhere.
                            I think he meant amy "shurmur" as a chear leader.

Comment

Working...
                            X