X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't look now. Vinovich to ref Thursday

Found this .

http://www.football-refs.com/2013-crews/week-15/

Bill Vinovichs crew are the officials for Thursdays game.

We are about to be raped!

I hope the fans let him know early and often that we are WATCHING.
    Anything like last years playoff game and that crew may not get out of the stadium alive.

Look for lots of PIs against us.
    Last edited by ScottXray; 12-11-2013, 01:32 PM.

We can't have the broncos as the number one seed.. now can we

Comment

Well the league needs to keep it interesting and make sure to assist Brady and bunch to a higher seed.

Comment

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Comment

that sucks, but I'd be more concerned if the Ratbirds where in town too..

Comment

Originally posted by ScottXray View Post
            Found this .

http://www.football-refs.com/2013-crews/week-15/

Bill Vinovichs crew are the officials for Thursdays game.

We are about to be raped!

I hope the fans let him know early and often that we are WATCHING.
            Anything like last years playoff game and that crew may not get out of the stadium alive.

Look for lots of PIs against us.
            Either that, or he sees the error of his ways, and he gives us multiple make-up calls. Personally, I'd rather have them in the playoffs, but I'll take it Thursday if i have to.

FWIIW, I thought the Broncos was the beneficiary of some favorable calls Sunday, including the big hit on Decker by Pollard. That was clean, imo. The multiple PI and defensive holding calls were refreshing though as it seems the Broncos couldn't buy a call earlier this year.

Comment

Chargers are coming on and our D is a shambles. It could be a close game anyway. A few Holding calls, a few PIs and this game is easily possible to lose. All they have to do is kill our drives and give Sd good field position a couple of times a half.

I won't care if the calls go both ways and are not one sided. But we all know what happened in January.

Peyton and the receivers , O-Line better play their butts off and just BEAT SD like a drum. Don't let the Officials keep this close.

Fox needs to have the challenge flag ready on spots. Too bad you can't challenge calls.

Edit: If Carter plays we are DOOMED
              Last edited by ScottXray; 12-11-2013, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Chargers are coming on and our D is a shambles. It could be a close game anyway. A few Holding calls, a few PIs and this game is easily possible to lose. All they have to do is kill our drives and give Sd good field position a couple of times a half.

I won't care if the calls go both ways and are not one sided. But we all know what happened in January.

Peyton and the receivers , O-Line better play their butts off and just BEAT SD like a drum. Don't let the Officials keep this close.

Fox needs to have the challenge flag ready on spots. Too bad you can't challenge calls.

OK, I know none of us are HAPPY about how the D is playing, but I think we're all collectively overreacting. Last week, the Broncos gave up about 250 yards of offense. They also forced two turnovers. That's not a total that suggests "IN SHAMBLES" like its 2008 all over again.

Perhaps it'll get worse, maybe itll get better, maybe it'll stay the same, but people are making it out like we're the cowboys D.

Comment

Beat the breaks off them!

Comment

Originally posted by TheReverend View Post
                    That's funny. Carter is the guy responsible for kick starting our 2013 season AGAINST the Chargers by returning a fumble for a long score and intercepting another ball.
                    Agree...but that crew flagged Carter on some pretty ticky tack stuff early on in the playoff game. It kind of set the tone for the whole game. We were not allowed to have contact at all against the Baltimore receivers, and their D backs mugged our guys the whole game.

That was the Joke about Carter playing.

On second thought ,if this crew somehow favors Baltimore now, then they will call the game in our favor...SD might be able to unseat the Ravens if they lose a few.

Like I said...I hope the game is called evenly.

Comment

Agree...but that crew flagged Carter on some pretty ticky tack stuff early on in the playoff game. It kind of set the tone for the whole game. We were not allowed to have contact at all against the Baltimore receivers, and their D backs mugged our guys the whole game.

That was the Joke about Carter playing.

On second thought ,if this crew somehow favors Baltimore now, then they will call the game in our favor...SD might be able to unseat the Ravens if they lose a few.

Like I said...I hope the game is called evenly.
                      the playoff refs were group of "all stars". The NFL mixes and matches the highest graded zebras for all playoff games. Vinovich just happened to be the head ref that day.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                        the playoff refs were group of "all stars". The NFL mixes and matches the highest graded zebras for all playoff games. Vinovich just happened to be the head ref that day.
                        That's not entirely accurate... I don't know how he could have reached that "all star" status after only reffing for 1/2 the season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Vinovich

Due to a heart condition, Bill Vinovich retired from field duty following the 2007 season, to serve as the replay official for Ed Hochuli. He was replaced as a referee by former side judge John Parry.

In 2012, doctors gave Vinovich a clean bill of health, and he has returned as a substitute official. On October 14, 2012, he returned to field level action for the first time since 2006, heading Scott Green's crew in Philadelphia.
                        Last edited by crush17; 12-11-2013, 02:20 PM.

Comment

Mother ****er

Comment

Originally posted by crush17 View Post
                            That's not entirely accurate... I don't know how he could have reached that "all star" status after only reffing for 1/2 the season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Vinovich

Due to a heart condition, Bill Vinovich retired from field duty following the 2007 season, to serve as the replay official for Ed Hochuli. He was replaced as a referee by former side judge John Parry.

In 2012, doctors gave Vinovich a clean bill of health, and he has returned as a substitute official. On October 14, 2012, he returned to field level action for the first time since 2006, heading Scott Green's crew in Philadelphia.
                            yes, everything i said was true. They also rotate other refs in that do not have as much playoff experience.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...he-super-bowl/

Comment

grading system

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eld-officials/

NFL postseason eligibility requirements for on-field officials

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 25, 2013, 12:02 PM EST
                              [Editor's note: The NFL has provided PFT with the following, which describes the process for choosing officials to work postseason games.]

Super Bowl Eligibility Requirements

* Highest overall percentage at each position who has not yet worked Super Bowl (must be in top five)
                              * Referees:
                              – Three years of experience as Referee and five years total (including current); and
                              – Playoff experience as Referee
                              * Other Officials:
                              – Five years of experience (including current); and
                              > Has worked Conference Championship & Wild Card/Divisional Playoff; or
                              > Three Wild Card/Divisional Playoffs in past five years (not including current)
                              * Cannot work consecutive Super Bowls
                              * Cannot be passed over a second time when ranked with highest overall percentage

Conference Championship Criteria

* Highest two overall percentages at each position not working the Super Bowl
                              * Three years of experience (including current)
                              * Playoff experience

Divisional Playoff Criteria – new for 2012, no longer assigned by crew

* Super Bowl official plus highest three overall percentages at each position not working the Conference Championship

Wild Card Playoff Criteria – new for 2012, no longer assigned by crew

* Highest four overall percentages at each position not working a later playoff game

Pro Bowl Criteria

* Most senior eligible official who has not worked Pro Bowl since 2001 and is not working a playoff game
                              * Assignment may be made for special circumstances such as retirements or special recognitions with approval of the NFLRA
                              * 2009 Pro Bowl in Miami is not considered

Comment

Working...
                              X