Game Day Thread: Regular Season Week 17: Oakland Raiders vs. Denver Broncos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ghwk View Post

Yes. But I don’t think that’s what defines a feature back. Lindsay behind an excellent line will, l believe, do better than a grinder. With our current line no one does well, but geez 1k yards isn’t chump change either.
    I don't want a grinder. I want an all-purpose back. If we were to get a grinder I'd want him running mostly it in short yardage situations. I would take that over the current state of affairs though. Basically here's how I'd rate possible RB situations for next season:

1) #1 - All-purpose back with speed, power, and receiving ability, #2 - Lindsay as the change of pace back and receiving option, #3 - Freeman or whoever as the last ditch back up
    2) #1 - Lindsay in roughly his current role but without so many runs up the gut against heavy fronts, #2 - Power back used primarily to gain tough yards, #3 - Freeman or whoever as the last ditch back up
    3) What we have now.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyR View Post
      He sealed the game with another one on the 2 pt conversion attempt. I assume that counts towards his stats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

He sealed the game with another one on the 2 pt conversion attempt. I assume that counts towards his stats.
        I think they said he had 10 on the season.
        The FO should of had a new contract in his locker when the game ended.

Comment

• Originally posted by broncosteven View Post

The broadcasters mentioned that Vic told a player on the team that he was watching and liked a Hallmark channel movie so much he watched another one. Am I the only one who heard that?
          Ha, that’s pretty funny. I wasn’t able to tune in until near the end of the 3rd quarter, but that makes sense now. Thanks for explaining. 👍🏻

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I don't want a grinder. I want an all-purpose back. If we were to get a grinder I'd want him running mostly it in short yardage situations. I would take that over the current state of affairs though. Basically here's how I'd rate possible RB situations for next season:

1) #1 - All-purpose back with speed, power, and receiving ability, #2 - Lindsay as the change of pace back and receiving option, #3 - Freeman or whoever as the last ditch back up
            2) #1 - Lindsay in roughly his current role but without so many runs up the gut against heavy fronts, #2 - Power back used primarily to gain tough yards, #3 - Freeman or whoever as the last ditch back up
            3) What we have now.
            I wouldn't mind grabbing a guy like Eno Benjamin or AJ Dillon in the draft but I just don't see a need to replace a productive back when we have so many holes along the OL, WR, DL, LB, CB. I'm hoping we can bring back Shelby and CHJ while also bringing in Corey Littleton and Byron Jones then build the offense through the draft and get faster at WR and find one or 2 more Risners.

At #16 I really like the idea of Biadasz to either play C or RG depending on what we do with McGovern

Comment

• Originally posted by Allen C View Post

I wouldn't mind grabbing a guy like Eno Benjamin or AJ Dillon in the draft but I just don't see a need to replace a productive back when we have so many holes along the OL, WR, DL, LB, CB. I'm hoping we can bring back Shelby and CHJ while also bringing in Corey Littleton and Byron Jones then build the offense through the draft and get faster at WR and find one or 2 more Risners.

At #16 I really like the idea of Biadasz to either play C or RG depending on what we do with McGovern
              We'd be replacing Freeman more than Lindsay.

Comment

We need SPEED. Fangio said as much in training camp. Biadazs should be there in the second. Unless your Maurice Pauncey Centers don't go in the first.

Comment

• Had to catch the game on delay. Great game! Beat the Oakland Raiders out of their last game. I would put a laughing emoji here if I could. I'm filled with optimism for next season. The Broncos have their QBOTF! Best news evah!

Comment

• Originally posted by AlaskaMagnum View Post

We need SPEED. Fangio said as much in training camp. Biadazs should be there in the second. Unless your Maurice Pauncey Centers don't go in the first.
                    He can play C or either OG and over the last 2 years 3 Centers were drafted in the first round. Also a 3 year starter at Wisconsin and Rimmington award winner this year along with being named the top interior lineman by PFF last year. Every mock has him going between picks 15 and 25. The guy is a day 1 starter at either C or RG and with the depth at OT in this draft we can wait until the 2nd.

Comment

He can play C or either OG and over the last 2 years 3 Centers were drafted in the first round. Also a 3 year starter at Wisconsin and Rimmington award winner this year along with being named the top interior lineman by PFF last year. Every mock has him going between picks 15 and 25. The guy is a day 1 starter at either C or RG and with the depth at OT in this draft we can wait until the 2nd.
                      That’s the problem I have when it comes down to offensive linemen.
                      Perhaps it’s a personal thing, I want my center to be a true center and my left tackle to be just that, a left tackle. I understand the importance of having versatility at the line, I just feel that especially at the center position that whoever mans that position to be a true center, not a converted guard or tackle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Action View Post
                        broncosteven is incapable of being rational about Vic fangio.

the dude knows how to coach defense, and the Broncos played hard season long even when the playoffs were out of reality.
                        He has been one of the worst posters here since 2011 and people are only now starting to see it. When you’re 175-0 on your takes people really should listen to you more. but I’m a dreamer.

Comment

• Originally posted by strafen View Post

That’s the problem I have when it comes down to offensive linemen.
                          Perhaps it’s a personal thing, I want my center to be a true center and my left tackle to be just that, a left tackle. I understand the importance of having versatility at the line, I just feel that especially at the center position that whoever mans that position to be a true center, not a converted guard or tackle.
                          He is a 3 year starter at C for Wisconsin. I'm saying he could be our C for 10 years, but if they bring McGovern back and want to keep the continuity going between him and Lock he could play RG and be the backup C if anything happens to McGovern. That kind of versatility is extremely valuable. My preference would be to keep him at C and either bring back McGovern or bring in BJ Finney to play RG then draft a LT in the 2nd and keep Bolles as the swing man because we know he's not a starting caliber LT and James can't stay healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by OABB View Post

He has been one of the worst posters here since 2011 and people are only now starting to see it. When you’re 175-0 on your takes people really should listen to you more. but I’m a dreamer.
                            You’re prob right.
                            broncosteven is a troll

Comment

Working...
                            X