No announcement yet.

Dre’mont Jones Wins AFC DPOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Purcell is an RFA so should cost $3 mil or thereabouts for next season.

this is a good FA DL group so less worried about losing Harris since I think there are some decent replacement available. We are thin though so a couple of signings are a must

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post
      Resign Shelby Harris and Purcell. Get some DL depth in FA bargain shopping. Resign Chris Harris and Simmons. Get Shobert in FA. That is a pretty good D.

Harris-Purcell-Jones
      Von-Johnson-Shobert-Chubb
      Harris-Simmons- Jackson- Callahan

Use the draft picks on OL, WR and depth.

Kick butt in 2020.

There's your plan Elway.
      I like it, but CHJ is as good as gone, imo. But do what you have to and resign S. Harris. Regardless of Shelby’s status, draft another interior DL, and CHJ’s replacement, somewhere in rounds 1-3.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

I like it, but CHJ is as good as gone, imo. But do what you have to and resign S. Harris. Regardless of Shelby’s status, draft another interior DL, and CHJ’s replacement, somewhere in rounds 1-3.
        CHJ, we can do without him. He’s expendable and his best days are past him.

Comment

Have enjoyed CHJ but think it’s time to move on.

happy that with Wolfe/Gotsis injuries, it’s opened door for Jones.

agree with resigning Shelby/Purcell. If we lose Shelby, I’m fine with signing Chris Jones away from the chiefs to a big contract.

would be happy taking Brown from auburn in the draft too. Dude is a stud and will be a run stuffing beast at the next level.

Comment

The sky is the limit for Jones. Athletic ability is off the charts. Good with his hands, can get slippery, and takes great angles and has the legit closing speed to get after the QB. Another off-season in S&C program is going to be beastly for him. I thought he was criminally underrated in last year's evaluation process. Top 50 player on my board. Two picks on the DL needed in this draft regardless.

Comment

I still can’t fathom the idea that we need to move Shelby.
              Whose idea was it?!
              i don’t know how that can help our team in any way.
              Are we going to get rid of Shelby to get better?!
              How’s that possible?!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	source.gif
Views:	81
Size:	949.0 KB
ID:	2542403

Comment

Is he good enough against the run to be an every down lineman next year? I think Von herded the QB towards him a time or two last week.

Comment

Chris Jones is a heck of a player reminds me of Trevor Pryce from 1999-2003. He will get near 20m per year on the open market if the Chiefs dont tag him. He is way out of Denver's budget and is the kind of move Elway would make if we were close to being a championship team but were not. We need to stay on course and have another strong draft, resign some of our own guys and sign 3 or 4 tier two free agents.

Free agency is madness remember Billy ****ing Turner got 7m a year. We also have two starting players from our last free agency class to add next year in James and Callahan. Bryce is one of the best slot corners in football when healthy and knows Fangio's system and has excelled in it.

Comment

Originally posted by R8R H8R View Post

I prefer to have John go out and get a Vet FA, he has been good when it comes to top tiered CB's. Harris would be a nice signing but not a guy to break the bank over, he struggled the 1st 6 games of the year. I am prepared for life after Wolfe and CHJ though it would be nice to have them back, I prefer to invest the money on younger guys. John went with the youth movement we might as well stick with it on FA's. I would bring Purcell back for sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X