Free Agents for 2020 season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Agents for 2020 season.

A game to go before the Broncos offseason. Some potential stars on the team but a lot of holes to fill via the draft and free agency. I don’t think Denver will get any big name FA and won’t retain Chris Harris, Shelby Harris, Wolfe or Simmons. The current front office/ownership trust seems to be on focused on value free agents vs splashy big names.

Sportac ( https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/cap/2020/) has the current 2020 cap, with Flacco and Leary still on it, as $65M, which includes roll-over of $16M from 2019. Simmons est contract is around $14M and S. Harris is around $12M.

Who are you hoping Denver brings in as FA?

I hoping for on Leonard Williams (around $9M), Michael Pierce DT ($5M) , Mackensie Alexander ($8M)
    Last edited by elsid13; 12-24-2019, 07:33 AM.

If DEN doesn’t keep Simmons either by new contract or tag, they should all be taken to a cliff and thrown off.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post
      If DEN doesn’t keep Simmons either by new contract or tag, they should all be taken to a cliff and thrown off.
      Do you see them spending over $30M on the safety position. There are options in the draft and FA for cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post

Do you see them spending over $30M on the safety position. There are options in the draft and FA for cheaper.
        Simmons will be given a deal or tagged, he's not going anywhere. It sounds crazy but I think the Lock factor and a few wins headed into the offseason might change a few players minds in wanting to stay or coming to Denver. I'd bet on Shelby staying and give at least a chance of CHJ being on the team next year as well. We are young, not too concerned with the FA pool other than maybe looking at the OL for a plug and play solution, otherwise lets draft strong and add to our already young group of studs.

Comment

At the very least you TAG Simmons. 11 MIL.
          Kick the can down the road and keep him.
          Next year, when the team is 10-6 and a WC team, Simmons might take a bit of a hometown discount cause he sees the progress.

Comment

At the very least you TAG Simmons. 11 MIL.
            Kick the can down the road and keep him.
            Next year, when the team is 10-6 and a WC team, Simmons might take a bit of a hometown discount cause he sees the progress.
            There are very very few “home town discounts”

Comment

There are very very few “home town discounts”
              I’m just telling you If Simmons walks, it’s a total fail by the FO.

Comment

Simmons rep said they wanted to test the market back in like August when the Broncos offered him a deal. So he's gonna cost matching whatever the highest bidder offers.

Comment

Chris Harris, Shelby Harris, Wolfe, and Simmons?!
                  Those are 4 solid players right there.
                  I’m willing to concede on Chris Harris. He’s at a point on his career where things are more likely to go south or remain about the same with a little on the decline side, than keeping up where he’s at. We can draft some good corners in the draft.
                  Shelby Harris?!
                  No way I would let that guy go barely into his prime as a star in the NFL. You just don’t let a guy at this point in his career go, and think a move like that is going to make you better. Nope!

Wolfe still a solid run stopper and pass rusher. He can do both and we need his leadership on the field. I’ll keep him.
                  Simmons. Nice and young talented player. You don’t get rid of players like Simmons and Shelby Harris and think that by replacing them you’re going to get better. That’s absurd!

Again. Let go of Chris Harris because the time it’s just right to do so...

Comment

Who cares. They are spending 30 million less on a QB than some teams. They can pay 10 million more for S position for 1 year. That are also paying nothing for WR. The S number will go down in 2 years when Jackson's contract is up.

Comment

Well, if what his agent says is true this could turn into a bidding war in the free agency market with a possibility of hurting our team financially towards future players’ contracts, then we’re going to have to make a tough decision right there.
                      We’re loaded going into the draft and secondary it’s still an area of concern for us.
                      I know Simmons wants to stay in Denver, but at what cost?!
                      Last edited by strafen; 12-24-2019, 07:59 AM.

Comment

I'd try to keep Simmons and Shelby. McGovern, perhaps. The rest can probably go.

Comment

Wow, that’s brilliant insight. Your own or from D-Mac?

Have there actually been any news reports out there that the Broncos aren’t going to tag Simmons if they can’t come to an agreement on a extension? No? Ok. Seems like you’re wasting a ton of energy over multiple threads complaining about something that’s not going to happen.

And before you “Scotch hur dur I made a funny nickname”, has he ever failed to FT someone who needed to be tagged?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                            Simmons rep said they wanted to test the market back in like August when the Broncos offered him a deal. So he's gonna cost matching whatever the highest bidder offers.
                            There won’t be any bidding if he’s franchise tagged.

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post

Well, if what his agent says is true this could turn into a bidding war in the free agency market with a possibility of hurting our team financially towards future players’ contracts, then we’re going to have to make a tough decision right there.
                              We’re loaded going into the draft and secondary it’s still an area of concern for us.
                              I know Simmons wants to stay in Denver, but at what cost?!
                              Either he’s going to sign or he’s going to get tagged.

Comment

Working...
                              X