Denver Broncos 2020 Salary Cap Outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pricejj View Post

Byron Jones 2nd team All Pro 2018, but he only runs a 4.43. Good enough to keep up with most WR's, but not Reek. We have to build a roster that can beat the Chiefs.
    Beating Tyreek isn’t done in 1on1 man coverage on an island. You stack, jam, and roll the qb away from tyreeks routes with pressure. Coaching vs talent.
    Last edited by TheCoachBear; 01-03-2020, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I actually think this off-season is fairly straight forward, except for McGovern.

We all have opinions and all are probably close to what they do...but that one guy could hugely change things for us.

If he stays it goes. If he wants too much money. Forcing us to get a C, and a RG (Leary). And possibly Bolles. But having 3 new lineman is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by TheCoachBear View Post

Devonte Harris looked good too assuming we retain him.
          Got in Fangios dog house the last month.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyR View Post
            Way all know Elway’s loves to low ball his players!

Comment

Probably but what was Denver offering him?

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
                Got in Fangios dog house the last month.
                All three of the young corners were benched at one point. Yiadom for Bausby, then Davontae Harris for Yiadom, Duke benched for Will Parks.

Comment

I mean it's not like Simmons was much more than an average starting safety before this season.

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post
                    I so badly want to say we need to take a OT no matter what, but that's how we ended up with Bolles to begin with.
                    We need to be looking for the best athlete on the schoolyard.

Comment

I was thinking about it and the fact that McGovern can play both Guard & Center means we can draft the better prospect at either spot and the same is true about Risner with Guard and Tackle.

So basically we just need the best lineman available regardless of spot and it will make the line better either way. So if we can't get a worthy Tackle, maybe we could take a worthy guard and slide Risner out.

We just need 2 good Linemen regardless of position. Preference being Tackle, then Center, then Guard.

As to the CB situation... I think Bausby will be able to be a starter. Perhaps Yaidom keeps growing. But we should take either a fast CB or a big tough slot guy somewhere.

WR...this is a deep class. We need to pick up a guy with speed to stretch the opposing D, but can grab him in mid rounds without that much drop off.

QB... if Tua falls to us because of injury concerns, that would be excellent and we should take him to back up Lock. Otherwise I'm down to roll with Lock and whoever.

DL... A big NT would be nice.

LBs... Von is our SAM. Chubb is our JACK. We got back up too for them. So good there.
                      Inside the Outlaw, the Dinosaur, & Todd Davis play MIKE & WILL. So we could be helped by an upgrade there considerably.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                        QB... if Tua falls to us because of injury concerns, that would be excellent and we should take him to back up Lock.

Comment

I think Simmons is gone. Clinton-Dix in our future. Cheaper.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I knew I'd get one of you....

This whole waiting to laugh at KC's abandoned grill thing is leaving me wanting to be a provocateur....

I'm not really serious about that one. Hahaha.

Comment

State of the Broncos franchise. Not sure what they're going to do at Center.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by pricejj View Post
                                State of the Broncos franchise. Not sure what they're going to do at Center.
                                Upon first view of this...I'll look in detail later. Guard or Center is the most important position we need to draft this year. Look at the holes NEXT year.

Also safety seems so important as I see it hard to believe we pay big money for Kareem and Simmons next year.

I wonder the contract Purcell will get next year if he has another good year...$10 mil? Maybe we sign a DT FA now and let Purcell go next year.

We will need a OT and RB next year.

i hope Duke Dawson develops so he can replace Bausby next year.

ILB looks bad next year.

So we need to draft for this year AND next year.

G, S, OT, RB, ILB

Comment

Working...
                                X