Start Jake Rodgers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start Jake Rodgers

Thought I’d go ahead and start a thread for the third string OT who came in and gave us the best play we’ve seen this season at RT. **** Wilkinson, Rodgers should start next week. Also, why the **** hasn’t this guy started before now?

Put my name on that petition, he was an instant upgrade at RT. I think Wilkinson might be a good guy to shift to RG in Leary's spot, but he has glaring flaws as a Tackle.

Comment

They should 100% start him. At the very least you get some film on him in real action these 2 games. Good idea to know your depth.

Comment

I'll sign. He was a definite upgrade. What about Wilkenson at RG?

Comment

Agreed. Wilkerson is a backup quality player. Gotta figure out if Rogers is worth bringing back to compete for next season. I think he is a ERRFA

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	RodgersJake2011Mug.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	279.2 KB
ID:	2541218
            Signed.

Comment

he looked okay due to the Lock effect. Pocket awareness and quick release . Lock is going to make average pass blockers look good.

Comment

He looked good. Definitely earned the start next week.

Also...outside of a really ticky tack holding call that a player without his reputation might not get, Bolles played another really solid game yesterday. Stretch of good football increasing.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                  He looked good. Definitely earned the start next week.

Also...outside of a really ticky tack holding call that a player without his reputation might not get, Bolles played another really solid game yesterday. Stretch of good football increasing.
                  Agreed. Bolles I think is staying in Denver for next year. I think a Josh Jones in the 2nd is in our future. There's numerous OTs in this draft. Really deep draft for the position. I bet Elway goes and gets another really athletic guy to sit behind Bolles and at years end, next year, he can decide what to do with Bolles depending on how he played. If he looks good, Jones or whatever OT he takes can move either to RT or G. Munchak will have a guy he likes.
                  I also agree that Rogers should start. Why not.

Comment

Originally posted by uplink View Post
                    he looked okay due to the Lock effect. Pocket awareness and quick release . Lock is going to make average pass blockers look good.
                    Sorry, but no. He was an immense improvement over Wilkinson in both the running and passing games.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Agreed. Bolles I think is staying in Denver for next year. I think a Josh Jones in the 2nd is in our future. There's numerous OTs in this draft. Really deep draft for the position. I bet Elway goes and gets another really athletic guy to sit behind Bolles and at years end, next year, he can decide what to do with Bolles depending on how he played. If he looks good, Jones or whatever OT he takes can move either to RT or G. Munchak will have a guy he likes.
                      I think that’s a great plan. This draft is loaded with OTs, there’s going to be a good prospect available sometime on Day 2. Just go get a stud who can help this team immediately on Day 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                        Thought I’d go ahead and start a thread for the third string OT who came in and gave us the best play we’ve seen this season at RT. **** Wilkinson, Rodgers should start next week. Also, why the **** hasn’t this guy started before now?
                        It’s weird because he was flat terrible in the preseason, but iirc he wasn’t at RT.

Comment

Originally posted by uplink View Post
                          Pretty sure Lock has been playing while Wilkinson looked like a donkey out there.

Comment

Munchak will decide who plays at RT next week, and it may very well be Rogers. Rogers and Morris both got game balls for being thrown in the fire and not melting.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

Yes. Bolles is definitely staying next year, and that’s why I believe they probably won’t draft a T in the first unless they are convinced they have another Ryan Clady fall to them. Btw, Ryan Clady was taken at #12, and that is about where we will be drafting. But more than likely, I think they will go defense with 1st pick, and then address OT somewhere in the 2nd day.

If the draft is loaded with OT’s like you say, then that would probably be the better choice. Get a defensive stud with the 1st pick, and then get athletic OL guys that can be developed, on day 2 & 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X