X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigdawg26 View Post

Queen and Phillips are okay but nothing to special. Divinity was the best LB but he left the team a few times for personal reasons. But he’s also above average. We really missed that stud LB this year. Divinity probably would be the better of the bunch but he’s no Devin White.
    They’re probably okay mid to late round picks based on what I’ve seen of them.

Leave a comment:

• Bigdawg26
    replied
    Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

What do you think of Queen and Phillips? LSU has produced a lot of good athletic LBs.
    Queen and Phillips are okay but nothing to special. Divinity was the best LB but he left the team a few times for personal reasons. But he’s also above average. We really missed that stud LB this year. Divinity probably would be the better of the bunch but he’s no Devin White.

Leave a comment:

• Aztec Bronco
    replied

That’s true but that’s because Stingley was a true freshmen going against the top WR on the team. Anyone would target that matchup. LSU secondary is great but the problem is no real pass rushers nor a stud LB. But it’s really first world problems. I would say beware of Chaisson because he will be a bust like Mingo or Arden Key.
    What do you think of Queen and Phillips? LSU has produced a lot of good athletic LBs.

Leave a comment:

• Bigdawg26
    replied
    Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
    Stingley faced more than twice as many targets as Fulton this year. Fulton just quietly does his job while other players in that secondary have overshadowed him.
    That’s true but that’s because Stingley was a true freshmen going against the top WR on the team. Anyone would target that matchup. LSU secondary is great but the problem is no real pass rushers nor a stud LB. But it’s really first world problems. I would say beware of Chaisson because he will be a bust like Mingo or Arden Key.

Leave a comment:

• Aztec Bronco
    replied
    The CBA stuff is probably understated in all these conversations. Is it March 2021 that the union and owners need to come to an agreement by?

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by fontaine View Post
    This is the offseason where Denver should spend it's money in free agency as there's a new CBA around the corner which is likely going to give even bigger contracts to players in the future and Denver doesn't have any Free Agents of note in 2021. That combined with 7 picks in the first 4 rounds means the team could realistically create a legit window for the next four/five years.
    Yeah, when you said they can just cut Leary and Fucco and DEN would have 100 MIL to play with and 12 picks with 6 picks in the top 100, it should be a very active FA.

Leave a comment:

• fontaine
    replied
    This is the offseason where Denver should spend it's money in free agency as there's a new CBA around the corner which is likely going to give even bigger contracts to players in the future and Denver doesn't have any Free Agents of note in 2021. That combined with 7 picks in the first 4 rounds means the team could realistically create a legit window for the next four/five years.

Leave a comment:

• Aztec Bronco
    replied
    Stingley faced more than twice as many targets as Fulton this year. Fulton just quietly does his job while other players in that secondary have overshadowed him.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

That's a lot more than I look at, so I defer to you. Wade at #2 is definitely the work of an OSU homer though...
    CBS for instance has Wade going #21 behind Okudah and Diggs. Adebo the 4th CB off the board and Fulton at #26 as the 5th CB off the board.
    Most sites don’t have Fulton #2.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

I look at everything from
    USA today to CBS to ESPN this time of year. I probably go through 30-35 mock drafts and see how the info is flowing on certain prospects.
    That's a lot more than I look at, so I defer to you. Wade at #2 is definitely the work of an OSU homer though...

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied

I don't know what sites you're looking at, but the ones I peruse all have him #2. That must be an OSU homer site that has Wade #2. lol
    I look at everything from
    USA today to CBS to ESPN this time of year. I probably go through 30-35 mock drafts and see how the info is flowing on certain prospects.

Leave a comment:

• Bigdawg26
    replied

The games I watched his guy basically vanished. He held Ruggs to two catches as I recall.
    I’m not trying to say that Fulton isn’t awesome. Everyone in the secondary should be first round picks. Also, I think he would be an ideal corner for Fangio’s defense. I just don’t think he will be one of the top corners pick. Maybe because I think LSU CBs are more undervalued compared to Ohio St. corners.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied

Then you haven’t watch many LSU games. He does not shut down every receiver he faces nor lines up against the best receiver. Our true freshmen Derek Stingley Jr does that. As I said, Fulton is a good corner but he is the best corner on the team.
    The games I watched his guy basically vanished. He held Ruggs to two catches as I recall.

Leave a comment:

• Bigdawg26
    replied

He’s widely seen as CB #2 in this draft and a 1st round lock. I mean the guy shuts down every receiver he faces and has all the measurables. I’m just baffled how an LSU fan could have him rated that low.
    Then you haven’t watch many LSU games. He does not shut down every receiver he faces nor lines up against the best receiver. Our true freshmen Derek Stingley Jr does that. As I said, Fulton is a good corner but he is not the best corner on the team.

Leave a comment:

• Slade
    replied
    Here is my plan.

1st round draft a CB, bc it will be too $$$ to get a good one in FA. Sign a great C and move McGovern over. Cut Leary. Keep Bolles for 1more year. Cut Flacco. Draft a DE in the 2nd. Draft a speed WR in the 3rd. Resign Simmons and S. Harris. Fill the roster with depth FA and draft picks. We are bad past the first string and that must change.
    ​​​​​​

Leave a comment:

Working...
X