• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post

Don’t like AJ? He’s a building block imo
    I love AJ. DEN needs a coverage ILB in the worst way. Kelce is just murdering this team every time they play. DEN has got to get a coverage LB so freakin bad. One of the biggest, glaring holes on this team.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by uplink View Post
    I wonder if the broncos will consider Danny Trevathan who is a UFA after the season?
    He’s 30. That a lot of mileage.

Leave a comment:

• Old Coyote
    replied
    Dear, Football Santa....

my list includes:
    Center
    NT (but I'd be okay with a bad ass DE)
    OT (might need a starter & a swing)
    Punter (one that can kick respectable punts)
    ILB (need one more good one)
    fast WR (Spencer could grow into this)
    Callahan, Bausby returning fully healed, & either extend CHJ or get another CB. (Yaidom gets burned too much to be starter)
    Resign Simmons (please)
    James is healthy for a whole season (I know... But I'm hoping the baby toe is good to go.)
    ​​​​​​​
    Oh and one of those Arrowhead BBQ Grills to start off the new year.

Leave a comment:

• uplink
    replied
    I wonder if the broncos will consider Danny Trevathan who is a UFA after the season?

Leave a comment:

• maher_tyler
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
    Did a quick glance at our roster / cap situation heading into the offseason

Easiest ways to save some money are to cut Flacco (sucks Elway redid his contract. We will save about $10 million by cutting him but have some dead money) and Leary. Those two combined save about $18.5 million. Unless Elway thinks it is better to keep Flacco as the backup and not have the dead money.

That leaves us with about $86 million in cap space.

Lots of our DL isn't under contract. Wolfe, Harris, Gotsis, Purcell. So we have some work to do there

Need another #1 or #2 CB if Harris leaves. Re-sign Simmons

We are good at ILB and OLB

On the OL, if we decide to stick with Bolles who actually seems to be doing ok for the most part aside from the 1-2 holdings a game that are driver killers we need to fill a hole at center or re-sign McGovern, replace Leary at guard and hope we can get something out of James at RT.

In pretty good shape at WR, RB, and TE

So looks to me like we should be able to keep the guys we need to and have some money to spend on free agents to fill some holes. But we certainly don't have enough money to go on a huge spending spree.
    I disagree on ILB. Davis should be a depth/Special Teams player like Jewel. We need more talent there. We need more speed at WR. I'd resign Purcell, Harris, Simmons and Wolfe. Harris Jr is probably gone. I'd be surprised if he re-signs here. Not sure who the FA CBs will be but probably gonna need to spend some more resources there. A good portion of the draft should be used on the trenches, ILB, WR and CB.

Leave a comment:

• Big Cheeze
    replied
    What are you guys watching that Johnson is someone needing to be replaced? Dude has the most tackles of a Denver defender over their first 10 games of anyone in franchise history. Get him an upgrade to play beside, but that is a foundation piece for the team.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by pricejj View Post

I agree. Need an impact player there. Neither Daviis or Johnson are top tier. Our interior Run Defense sucks.
    Say what now? Johnson has been playing at a very high level since he became a starter.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post

Fangio’s defense needs two high end backers inside generally speaking.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post
    DEN is NOT good at ILB.

Leave a comment:

• pricejj
    replied
    DEN is NOT good at ILB.
    I agree. Need an impact player there. Neither Daviis or Johnson are top tier. Our interior Run Defense sucks.

Leave a comment:

• DENVERDUI55
    replied
    The cap room that was created for Flaccid redo will be carried over to next year. It was a move to attempt to sign some guys. They didn't so the room will carry over.

Leave a comment:

• Pogo
    replied
    DEN is NOT good at ILB.
    No, but it's not as nearly as bad as some other positions going into next year.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    DEN is NOT good at ILB.

Leave a comment:

• underrated29
    replied
    The flacco deal thing is a wash. Everyone that pissed and moaned about it were dead wrong. Its the same money we paid. I think we need 2 cbs and 2 OL and 2 DL 1ilb 1 wr 1 rb 1punter

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
    Did a quick glance at our roster / cap situation heading into the offseason

Easiest ways to save some money are to cut Flacco (sucks Elway redid his contract. We will save about $10 million by cutting him but have some dead money) and Leary. Those two combined save about $18.5 million. Unless Elway thinks it is better to keep Flacco as the backup and not have the dead money.

That leaves us with about $86 million in cap space.

Lots of our DL isn't under contract. Wolfe, Harris, Gotsis, Purcell. So we have some work to do there

Need another #1 or #2 CB if Harris leaves. Re-sign Simmons

We are good at ILB and OLB

On the OL, if we decide to stick with Bolles who actually seems to be doing ok for the most part aside from the 1-2 holdings a game that are driver killers we need to fill a hole at center or re-sign McGovern, replace Leary at guard and hope we can get something out of James at RT.

In pretty good shape at WR, RB, and TE

So looks to me like we should be able to keep the guys we need to and have some money to spend on free agents to fill some holes. But we certainly don't have enough money to go on a huge spending spree.
    Elway is not paying Flacco $20MM to be a backup. Dead money is fictional . $20MM cash is real.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X