• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post

I agree ILBer will first be addressed in FA
    Troy Renk thinks Shobert is a possibility
    That would be awesome if DEN can get Shobert.

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    Originally posted by Broncos786 View Post

I read somewhere that broncos will be interested in Joe Schobert if browns don't resign him. He can cover and blitz someone that would be a good fit in Vic defensive scheme
    I agree ILBer will first be addressed in FA
    Troy Renk thinks Shobert is a possibility

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Denver was rumored to be interested in Corey Littleton before the Rams tendered him so we might make a play for him if he doesn't resign with the Rams.

Another option if Simmons is gone is Troy Dye in the 3rd. He's not as physical as Simmons but he does have the sideline to sideline speed and coverage ability.
    I would be really suprised if Dye made it to the 3rd round. He will be the 2nd ILB taken after Murray.

Leave a comment:

• Broncos786
    replied
    Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Denver was rumored to be interested in Corey Littleton before the Rams tendered him so we might make a play for him if he doesn't resign with the Rams.

Another option if Simmons is gone is Troy Dye in the 3rd. He's not as physical as Simmons but he does have the sideline to sideline speed and coverage ability.
    I read somewhere that broncos will be interested in Joe Schobert if browns don't resign him. He can cover and blitz someone that would be a good fit in Vic defensive scheme

Leave a comment:

• Allen C
    replied
    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I'm not holding my breath when it comes to him making out of the top 10.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    In the 3rd...
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tigers-linebacker-jacob-phillips-warms-up-before-the-game-between-the-picture-id1065619342.jpg
Views:	290
Size:	337.0 KB
ID:	2541827

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
    As good as Alexander Johnson is, I feel like a lot of people aren't aware he's going to turn 29 next season. He's old as hell. Mileage or not, age is age and he isn't someone who will be here that long relative to a rookie or even a typical ILB looking entering their first FA contract.
    The point is that he doesn’t have to be replaced soon. Plus his body lacks the wear and tear of the typical 29 year old linebacker. He should have a good 3-4 years left in him at least.

Leave a comment:

• UberBroncoMan
    replied
    As good as Alexander Johnson is, I feel like a lot of people aren't aware he's going to turn 29 next season. He's old as hell. Mileage or not, age is age and he isn't someone who will be here that long relative to a rookie or even a typical ILB looking entering their first FA contract.

Leave a comment:

• mhgaffney
    replied
    Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
    Todd has played about as well as you can reasonably expect him to play. He probably got too much crap over his career here, the limitations are obvious but he never got enough credit for his instincts and strong run defense.

Personally, I would totally understand if we just rolled with he and AJ again next year and tried to develop a draft pick or two behind them. There are bigger fish to fry, though it would definitely be helpful to get the true sideline-to-sideline athlete.
    Fangio will make the call about drafting a LB. He knows what we need.

Leave a comment:

• Aztec Bronco
    replied
    Todd has played about as well as you can reasonably expect him to play. He probably got too much crap over his career here, the limitations are obvious but he never got enough credit for his instincts and strong run defense.

Personally, I would totally understand if we just rolled with he and AJ again next year and tried to develop a draft pick or two behind them. There are bigger fish to fry, though it would definitely be helpful to get the true sideline-to-sideline athlete.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by iforgotmypassword View Post

Isaiah Simmons is the type of coverage linebacker, inside outside, huge field his speed, fast for his size, chest piece you could only dream of.
    I'm not holding my breath when it comes to him making out of the top 10.

Leave a comment:

• iforgotmypassword
    replied
    Originally posted by mopatt24 View Post
    AJ is good, and will be better next year IMO. We do need an upgrade over Davis though. I like the thought of Danny coming back, but we need to find a long term answer there. What the FA and draft prospects looking like at ILB?
    Isaiah Simmons is the type of coverage linebacker, inside outside, huge field his speed, fast for his size, chest piece you could only dream of.

Leave a comment:

• mopatt24
    replied
    AJ is good, and will be better next year IMO. We do need an upgrade over Davis though. I like the thought of Danny coming back, but we need to find a long term answer there. What the FA and draft prospects looking like at ILB?

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post

He’s 30. That a lot of mileage.
    He’s missed A LOT of games too.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by socalorado View Post

I love AJ. DEN needs a coverage ILB in the worst way. Kelce is just murdering this team every time they play. DEN has got to get a coverage LB so freakin bad. One of the biggest, glaring holes on this team.
    Kelce murders most teams. That isn’t a realistic standard for linebacker coverage. Overall we’ve been fine against TEs this year. Not that I don’t think we need a better linebacker than Todd Davis mind you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X