Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2020 Cap / Roster Situation

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Denver may well draft a stud OT in the first round. At that point, the top need is WR. Here's a scouting report on a prospect who will probably be there in the second round.

    His name: Brandon Aiyuk. He has the good hands, the moves, the speed, and evidently the hunger to succeed. Aiyuk scored the game changing TD that beat Oregon, some weeks ago.

    Aiyuk would complement Sutton. He has the speed to get behind coverage.

    2020 NFL Draft: Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk scouting report

    https://nflmocks.com/2019/12/14/2020...-aiyuk-report/

    Comment


    • #92
      Originally posted by mhgaffney View Post
      Denver may well draft a stud OT in the first round. At that point, the top need is WR. Here's a scouting report on a prospect who will probably be there in the second round.

      His name: Brandon Aiyuk. He has the good hands, the moves, the speed, and evidently the hunger to succeed. Aiyuk scored the game changing TD that beat Oregon, some weeks ago.

      Aiyuk would complement Sutton. He has the speed to get behind coverage.

      2020 NFL Draft: Arizona State WR Brandon Aiyuk scouting report

      https://nflmocks.com/2019/12/14/2020...-aiyuk-report/
      One of my favorite WR's in the draft. Just not sure where his draft stock will land. Is he Harry or does he fall like Strong?

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

        One of my favorite WR's in the draft. Just not sure where his draft stock will land. Is he Harry or does he fall like Strong?
        We often overlook our local talent, but for some reason the Steelers traditionally drafted CU players more than NFL team I can think off.
        We -the broncos- have changed that a little bit and have gone for the local schools like Ty Sambraillo from CSU, and of course Phillip Lindsay from CU, and this year CU has a stud at wide receiver Laviska Shenault 6-2 220#
        he’s a junior and he may have declared himself available for the draft, don’t quote me on that-
        Anyway, he’s a very talented receiver, his stats don’t do him justice for what he actually does on the field.
        He could be had in later rounds, not sure where his stock is actually at...

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by strafen View Post

          We often overlook our local talent, but for some reason the Steelers traditionally drafted CU players more than NFL team I can think off.
          We -the broncos- have changed that a little bit and have gone for the local schools like Ty Sambraillo from CSU, and of course Phillip Lindsay from CU, and this year CU has a stud at wide receiver Laviska Shenault 6-2 220#
          he’s a junior and he may have declared himself available for the draft, don’t quote me on that-
          Anyway, he’s a very talented receiver, his stats don’t do him justice for what he actually does on the field.
          He could be had in later rounds, not sure where his stock is actually at...
          Laviska has been mocked late first.
          his medicals may push him down a bit

          Comment


          • #95
            I think our biggest need is CB. We can get a free agent OL. Draft a WR in the 2nd

            Comment


            • #96
              How bout something like this.

              RESIGN
              SHELBY HARRIS
              CONNOR MCGOVERN (G)
              JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU
              MIKE PURCELL RFA
              TIM PATRICK RFA
              DEVANTE BAUSBY RFA
              TREY MARSHALL ERFA
              JAKE ROGERS (G) ERFA

              TAG
              JUSTIN SIMMONS (11 MIL)

              FA
              ILB JOE SHOBERT (CLE)
              CB LOGAN RYAN (TENN)
              QB AJ MCCARRON (HOU)


              DRAFT
              1ST RND (15) - HENRY RUGGS WR BAMA
              1ST RND (25) - TYLER BIADASZ C WISC
              2ND RND (46) - JOSH JONES OT HOU
              3RD RND (79) - AJ TERRELL CB CLEM
              3RD RND (86) - TRADED W 2021 1ST AND 3RD TO MIA FOR 25
              3RD RND (92) - JACOB PHILLIPS ILB LSU
              4TH RND (120) - RASHARD LAWRENCE 3-4 DE LSU
              4TH RND (138) - NAJEE HARRIS RB BAMA
              6TH RND (194) - DAVID REESE ILB FLA
              6TH RND (216) - HUNTER BRYANT TE WASH
              7TH RND (230) - TREVON MCSWAIN DT/NT DUKE
              7TH RND (253) - COLTON JACKSON OT ARK

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by socalorado View Post
                How bout something like this.

                RESIGN
                SHELBY HARRIS
                CONNOR MCGOVERN (G)
                JEREMIAH ATTAOCHU
                MIKE PURCELL RFA
                TIM PATRICK RFA
                DEVANTE BAUSBY RFA
                TREY MARSHALL ERFA
                JAKE ROGERS (G) ERFA

                TAG
                JUSTIN SIMMONS (11 MIL)

                FA
                ILB JOE SHOBERT (CLE)
                CB LOGAN RYAN (TENN)
                QB AJ MCCARRON (HOU)


                DRAFT
                1ST RND (15) - HENRY RUGGS WR BAMA
                1ST RND (25) - TYLER BIADASZ C WISC
                2ND RND (46) - JOSH JONES OT HOU
                3RD RND (79) - AJ TERRELL CB CLEM
                3RD RND (86) - TRADED W 2021 1ST AND 3RD TO MIA FOR 25
                3RD RND (92) - JACOB PHILLIPS ILB LSU
                4TH RND (120) - RASHARD LAWRENCE 3-4 DE LSU
                4TH RND (138) - NAJEE HARRIS RB BAMA
                6TH RND (194) - DAVID REESE ILB FLA
                6TH RND (216) - HUNTER BRYANT TE WASH
                7TH RND (230) - TREVON MCSWAIN DT/NT DUKE
                7TH RND (253) - COLTON JACKSON OT ARK
                As a diehard LSU fan and watched every game, The LSU LBs are not that good this year. They are no Debo Jones or Kwan Alexander this year. Phillips is okay but nothing special. Chassion is overrated and will test well but won’t translate as a pass rusher. The D lineman like Lawrence are good run stuffers but little in pass rush. The DBs are awesome like Delpit and Fulton. Delpit is a Justin Simmons clone. I think Fulton is a solid 2nd or 3rd round pick. A hidden gem in the mid rounds is the OG Damien Lewis. He’s going to be a nice starting guard in the league. Also, Jefferson would be another great late 1st-early 2nd pick. He would be a perfect pick for us. He’s got very good size and speed that can line up in the slot and burn people deep.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by Slade View Post
                  I think our biggest need is CB. We can get a free agent OL. Draft a WR in the 2nd
                  I like that . Draft a stud CB.

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by Slade View Post
                    I think our biggest need is CB. We can get a free agent OL. Draft a WR in the 2nd
                    Easier said than done. This team has shown to be very poor when evaluating and signing free agent Olinemen. I think I would rather they draft multiple Oline prospects (with Munchak’s approval) and use free agency to fill the skill positions.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by qbronco View Post

                      Easier said than done. This team has shown to be very poor when evaluating and signing free agent Olinemen. I think I would rather they draft multiple Oline prospects (with Munchak’s approval) and use free agency to fill the skill positions.
                      Like my incredibly awesome Mock/FA above.

                      Comment


                      • Cut Leary/Flacco giving us nearly $100M under the cap.

                        Offense has to be the priority:
                        1. Sign McGovern and move him to RG where he's best and sign a veteran Center in FA as a stopgap while we draft C/OT in the draft.
                        2. Draft a deep threat/burner to give Lock another weapon.

                        Defense:
                        1. Sign Wolfe/Simmons/Parks/Shelby Harris.
                        2. Gotsis was already replaced by Dre'Mont Jones as the rookie saw more and more snaps so he can walk but we need another DE/DT in the draft.
                        3. See where Callahan is with his injury. If there's doubt about his status then we need to sign Chris Harris.

                        Draft needs to go BPA with the following goals - OL/DL/DB/WR/RB/ILB and Punter.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by fontaine View Post
                          Cut Leary/Flacco giving us nearly $100M under the cap.

                          Offense has to be the priority:
                          1. Sign McGovern and move him to RG where he's best and sign a veteran Center in FA as a stopgap while we draft C/OT in the draft.
                          2. Draft a deep threat/burner to give Lock another weapon.

                          Defense:
                          1. Sign Wolfe/Simmons/Parks/Shelby Harris.
                          2. Gotsis was already replaced by Dre'Mont Jones as the rookie saw more and more snaps so he can walk but we need another DE/DT in the draft.
                          3. See where Callahan is with his injury. If there's doubt about his status then we need to sign Chris Harris.

                          Draft needs to go BPA with the following goals - OL/DL/DB/WR/RB/ILB and Punter.
                          Wow. If DEN can get to 100 MIL that would be awesome. Elway could rebuild this thing in one freaking offseason. That should be a no brainer to cut both those guys. They are dead weight at this point.
                          I really think resigning Attaochu back is important too. He really came on as the year went on, and having a trio of Chubb-Von-Attaochu should be a priority, and with 100 MIL should be possible.

                          Comment


                          • Sign Brockers and Shaq Thompson. Resign Harris, Simmons(tag if needed), McG. Cut Flaccid dick Davis. Sign a mid level CB and vet WR with speed.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by socalorado View Post

                              Wow. If DEN can get to 100 MIL that would be awesome. Elway could rebuild this thing in one freaking offseason. That should be a no brainer to cut both those guys. They are dead weight at this point.
                              I really think resigning Attaochu back is important too. He really came on as the year went on, and having a trio of Chubb-Von-Attaochu should be a priority, and with 100 MIL should be possible.
                              They also have Reed and Hollins. OLB room is stacked. Maybe they move Hollins back inside permanently?

                              Comment


                              • Under the current CBA, the post-June designation will not be allowed this year:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X