• Show
Clear All

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

I want Travis Etienne on the Broncos so bad
    Or Clyde Edwards-Helaire.
    Both playing for all the marbles.
    Etienne catching outta the backfield is ridiculous. That’s a nice weapon for Lock.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    I like KeShawn Vaughn as a zone scheme runner and a pretty good pass catcher. Nice 3rd round pick.
    I want Travis Etienne on the Broncos so bad

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied
    I like KeShawn Vaughn as a zone scheme runner and a pretty good pass catcher. Nice 3rd round pick.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied
    Originally posted by Allen C View Post

They don't weigh much more but are built thicker and make his upper body look small. I've said I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 2nd. I do think he will be drafted late 2nd early 3rd though where most have him projected to go and would be just as happy with a guy like Paddy Fisher a round later but ideally I would like to fill that hole with a proven guy through FA.
    Fisher would be an interesting player but he needs to drop about 5 lbs and play lighter. He got slower this year after he bulked up. Same thing happened to Anthony Walker, He bulked up to 245 or so in his final season at Northwestern, dropped to 238 for the combine, since he's been with the Colts he's played at 230 and excelled. He was 223-225 during his most elite years at Northwestern.

Leave a comment:

• Agamemnon
    replied
    Originally posted by Hamrob View Post
    Looks kind of soft to me.

Leave a comment:

• Hamrob
    replied
    2020 Schedule will not be easy:

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...2020-opponents

Leave a comment:

• Drunken.Broncoholic2
    replied
    Originally posted by champhalloffamer View Post
    Schobert is fools gold. He is a solid player who is worth 6-8m a year but some dumb team will give him 10m plus. Todd Davis is a bargain at 5m per year if we take the team option and we could then draft a guy on the second day of the draft with our ****load of picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds to eventually become a starter and give us good depth at ILB.

first I’ve seen someone call him fools gold. He’s one of the best off ball LB in the league. Not the best but he’s up in the higher tier. Tied for 1st in tackles in 2017.

he’s definitely worth more than 6-8 range..his production every year has been better than that tier.

Leave a comment:

• Allen C
    replied

Simmons is 230, Murray is 243-246 and Moses last played at 233. They are not much bigger(outside of Murray)than Dye.

I don't care about the size, only the skills. Dye has the skills to be a complete down MLB in the NFL. I hate saying 2 down or 3 down LB, that term annoys me.
    They don't weigh much more but are built thicker and make his upper body look small. I've said I wouldn't be mad if we took him in the 2nd. I do think he will be drafted late 2nd early 3rd though where most have him projected to go and would be just as happy with a guy like Paddy Fisher a round later but ideally I would like to fill that hole with a proven guy through FA.

Leave a comment:

• champhalloffamer
    replied
    Schobert is fools gold. He is a solid player who is worth 6-8m a year but some dumb team will give him 10m plus. Todd Davis is a bargain at 5m per year if we take the team option and we could then draft a guy on the second day of the draft with our ****load of picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds to eventually become a starter and give us good depth at ILB.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied

Beside Simmons, Murray and Moses his arms and shoulders look small, but I'm not saying that he can't play in the middle because smaller guys have had success there and I like the way he plays.

I'm still hoping we can fill ILB through FA and the guy I want is the same size as Dye. Corey Littleton could be a cap casualty because the Rams have a projected 25 million cap space for next year and Littleton, Brockers, Blythe and Fowler are all FA.
    Simmons is 230, Murray is 243-246 and Moses last played at 233. They are not much bigger(outside of Murray)than Dye.

I don't care about the size, only the skills. Dye has the skills to be a complete down MLB in the NFL. I hate saying 2 down or 3 down LB, that term annoys me.

Leave a comment:

• Allen C
    replied

Dye is jacked though, he's not small or slender, he's just not 240 lbs. He was a S in HS and moved to LB at Oregon.
    Beside Simmons, Murray and Moses his arms and shoulders look small, but I'm not saying that he can't play in the middle because smaller guys have had success there and I like the way he plays.

I'm still hoping we can fill ILB through FA and the guy I want is the same size as Dye. Corey Littleton could be a cap casualty because the Rams have a projected 25 million cap space for next year and Littleton, Brockers, Blythe and Fowler are all FA.

Leave a comment:

• IndelibleScribe
    replied

6'4 225 is thinner because his height. I'm not saying he can't play at that weight but he is a thinner build because of how tall he is.

Most mocks I've seen have him going in the 3rd. I wouldn't be mad if he was our 2nd Rd pick though because we need a player with his athleticism at ILB
    Dye is jacked though, he's not small or slender, he's just not 240 lbs. He was a S in HS and moved to LB at Oregon.

Leave a comment:

• socalorado
    replied
    Originally posted by CEH View Post
    Lock if he’s the real deal is still 2-3 years away from competing for the AFC. Will have to pay Chubb and Sutton maybe Jones and Risner

Lock they have for 5-6 years

Are they bringing in a FA Wr making more than Sutton doubt it so does a mid level Wr add anything?

Oline is a position that you can pay now and have quality play 2-3 years from now.

feels like in 2020 may turn out to be resign your own guys that’s it and continue the drafting .
    FO better still be aggressive in FA. Shobert solves a huge issue in the middle of this defense, immediately. Should go get a few depth guys too at CB.
    Then re sign Shelby, McGovern and Simmons and let the rest like Wolfe walk. He's just too old and injured all the time. Elway better not re sign injury prone, old players. He's got enough issues with Callahan and James as it is.
    Then all Elway needs to do is get a WR to take the top off opposing defenses, and rebuild the trenches on both sides in the draft.

Leave a comment:

• Allen C
    replied
    I just want to know where this lack of size nonsense came from with Dye. He's 6-4 225.
    6'4 225 is thinner because his height. I'm not saying he can't play at that weight but he is a thinner build because of how tall he is.

Most mocks I've seen have him going in the 3rd. I wouldn't be mad if he was our 2nd Rd pick though because we need a player with his athleticism at ILB

Leave a comment:

• CEH
    replied

Lock if he’s the real deal is still 2-3 years away from competing for the AFC. Will have to pay Chubb and Sutton maybe Jones and Risner

Lock they have for 5-6 years

Are they bringing in a FA Wr making more than Sutton doubt it so does a mid level Wr add anything?

Oline is a position that you can pay now and have quality play 2-3 years from now.

feels like in 2020 may turn out to be resign your own guys that’s it and continue the drafting .

Leave a comment:

Working...
X