2020 Cap / Roster Situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Why do you think I mentioned cutting him in the other thread? His cap hit is 6 mil, him getting cut incurs 1 mil dead cap and saves us 5 mil, that's a better OL or WR instead of a runs stuffing LB who can't cover.
    Plus we have Jewell to fill the run-stuffing LB who can't cover role lol.

Comment

you guys didn’t see a difference when Jewel played and Davis played ? Once Davis came back jewel never saw the field . Given just those two Davis is a much better player even at 5 M price tag.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
        you guys didn’t see a difference when Jewel played and Davis played ? Once Davis came back jewel never saw the field . Given just those two Davis is a much better player even at 5 M price tag.
        I recall the jump in ILB play taking place when Johnson started playing. I didn't think there was much difference between Davis and Jewell.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I recall the jump in ILB play taking place when Johnson started playing. I didn't think there was much difference between Davis and Jewell.
          The difference is Todd can't cover TE and running backs but good at tackling and stopping the run while jewel sucks in both. The guy was toasted by a full back in Packers game lol

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
            The difference came when AJ started playing. Davis was ass as always before that. AJ just helped cover up a few more issues since we were focused on stopping the run more.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncos786 View Post

The difference is Todd can't cover TE and running backs but good at tackling and stopping the run while jewel sucks in both. The guy was toasted by a full back in Packers game lol
              Interesting interpretation of events. I don't really agree. Davis and Jewell are pretty much interchangeable in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post
                r

Simmons, Moses, Murray, Dye might go late 2nd, but there is a real possibility he lasts to the 3rd because his lack of size. The draft wire 2 round Christmas mock is probably my favorite one I've seen so far.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/...agovailoa/amp/
                IDK what is going to happen but they passed on Bush last year. Could have been because we needed a QB and the way John masterfully played it getting a starting TE, G, and our future QB rather than lose the draft capital to stay put and get Bush. We would have lost out on Risner to get Bush.

I think the FA path is more likely to fill the 2nd ILB spot. As much as I love AJ's play he lost a lot of years clearing his name so I could see them cut Davis, get a FA and then draft a guy to groom in the later rounds. I agree with whoever it was who said Davis is good against the run, he is far from a complete backer though.

I just hope if they prefer to target ILB in the draft they are prepared to move up to get him. If Vic (is still around) and thinks there is a Smith type player out there they need to bag him.

Spend money bringing in at least one guy in the trench on each side, get a speed WR2 and either resign CHJ or bring in another Vet FA CB. Purcell would be a nice guy to bring back as depth, Harris for the right price, I would prefer to upgrade a C rather than spend money on McGovern but he hasn't been as bad as Leary but Gotsis can go kick rocks. Atochu (SP?) is interesting I don't know if he is UFA but I wouldn't mind seeing him back next year.

I want one more BPA Draft, at least in the top 3 rounds, wouldn't be unhappy if they moved up to get a stud player in the 1st. I don't think we are as far off player wise as a lot of people think. Especially if we have a good FA period.

Comment

Jewell is too slow to cover anyone and too slow to rush the QB.

Comment

I just want to know where this lack of size nonsense came from with Dye. He's 6-4 225.

Comment

I just want to know where this lack of size nonsense came from with Dye. He's 6-4 225.
                      That is light for an ILB. I don’t really see it as an issue personally though. I would expect both him and Simmons to both put on 10 pounds of muscle in the NFL.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

That is light for an ILB. I don’t really see it as an issue personally though. I would expect both him and Simmons to both put on 10 pounds of muscle in the NFL.
                        Roquan Smith is 6-0 230, Jayon Brown is 6-0 226, Anthony Walker is 6-1 230, Rashaan Evans is 6-2 232, Deion Jones is 6-1 222, Shaq Thompson is 6-2 230, Lavonte David is 6-1 233, Fred Warner is 6-3 230, Jerome Baker is 6-2 225, Todd Davis(who I hate with a passion) is 6-1 230, Corey Littleton is 6-3 228.

6-4 225 with Dye's frame is not light for a ILB. Most of the ILB's on that list came into the league at 220-225.

Comment

Roquan Smith is 6-0 230, Jayon Brown is 6-0 226, Anthony Walker is 6-1 230, Rashaan Evans is 6-2 232, Deion Jones is 6-1 222, Shaq Thompson is 6-2 230, Lavonte David is 6-1 233, Fred Warner is 6-3 230, Jerome Baker is 6-2 225, Todd Davis(who I hate with a passion) is 6-1 230, Corey Littleton is 6-3 228.

6-4 225 with Dye's frame is not light for a ILB. Most of the ILB's on that list came into the league at 220-225.
                          Shobert is 6-2 245lbs. He's just fine.
                          I would love Dye. Wanted him for a while. Next to Simmons, he's one of the best athletes in this draft.
                          Jewell is strictly a reserve even ST's player. Nothing starter about him at all.

Comment

Instead of getting a couple high priced FAs, Denver should hit the bargain bin and get several good players that dont need to be all pros. Depth is better than a stud with crap behind him when he gets hurt. Denver needs to raise the overall roster talent.

Comment

A possible ILB solution from my Alma Mater:
                              Evan Weaver, ILB UC
                              "Thriving in coverage and with read and reactions, has a knack for getting to the play quickly and is relentless in his pursuit of the ball carrier ... A smart, experienced player that is ready to start in the NFL from day 1" NFL Draftblaster.com
                              Experienced, a senior with reportedly leadership skills. Fits the profile. Can be drafted with our second third round pick.

Comment

Something broncos can do without using much of their cap space.
                                1.cut Jeff heirman and sign kennyan Drake . Cardinals won't be keeping both Drake and johnson.
                                2. Cut or trade Todd Davis , reconstruct von Miller to 15 million per year and sign Schobert or Trevethan.

Comment

Working...
                                X