X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CEH View Post

I agree ILBer will first be addressed in FA
    Troy Renk thinks Shobert is a possibility
    That would be awesome if DEN can get Shobert.

Comment

Originally posted by socalorado View Post

That would be awesome if DEN can get Shobert.
      Be prepared to shell out 13-16M per for him. Especially after this great season.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019...eard-anything/

the Schobert/Broncos talk is definitely in the mix though.

https://factoryofsadness.co/2019/12/...-schobert/amp/

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Denver was rumored to be interested in Corey Littleton before the Rams tendered him so we might make a play for him if he doesn't resign with the Rams.

Another option if Simmons is gone is Troy Dye in the 3rd. He's not as physical as Simmons but he does have the sideline to sideline speed and coverage ability.

As much as I’d like to see it happen, Littleton is a pipe dream IMO.

Comment

I can see them drafting a ILB not signing one to be a starter. That doesn’t make sense unless they cut A.J. or Davis.

Comment

draft thread #8

Comment

Originally posted by elsid13 View Post
              I can see them drafting a ILB not signing one to be a starter. That doesn’t make sense unless they cut A.J. or Davis.
              Sign a guy, cut Davis to save 5 million and draft a guy in the 4th.

Comment

To draft an ILBer best odds are to select one in the top 2 rounds. by contract value, all the top 10 ILBer are first or second round picks

gotta believe a Wr has to be one of those two picks.

If fangio signs off on Shobert I’m all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

Sign a guy, cut Davis to save 5 million and draft a guy in the 4th.
                  Net $5M is not too bad and you get younger and better at ILBer if the sign Shobert.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

Net $5M is not too bad and you get younger and better at ILBer if the sign Shobert.
                    Yeah, say they sign him for 13 million... that's only 8 million additional cap to upgrade your ilb, and they can use the first 5 picks to upgrade other positions

Comment

Originally posted by sgbfan View Post

Yeah, say they sign him for 13 million... that's only 8 million additional cap to upgrade your ilb, and they can use the first 5 picks to upgrade other positions
                      This is why a QB on a rookie cheap contract works to our benefit for a couple years. Plus you can convert a lot of Schobert in a signing bonus.

cutting 5M with Davis? I’m all for that

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Be prepared to shell out 13-16M per for him. Especially after this great season.

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019...eard-anything/

the Schobert/Broncos talk is definitely in the mix though.

https://factoryofsadness.co/2019/12/...-schobert/amp/
                        Do it. They got a boat load of coin.
                        Tag Simmons
                        Resign Shelby
                        Resign McGovern
                        Sign Shobert

Comment

Do it. They got a boat load of coin.
                          Tag Simmons
                          Resign Shelby
                          Resign McGovern
                          Sign Shobert
                          That still leaves probably 40 million. I would resign Chris Harris to a 2-3 year deal and Gotsis to a 1 year deal for depth.

Comment

Originally posted by Allen C View Post

Denver was rumored to be interested in Corey Littleton before the Rams tendered him so we might make a play for him if he doesn't resign with the Rams.

Another option if Simmons is gone is Troy Dye in the 3rd. He's not as physical as Simmons but he does have the sideline to sideline speed and coverage ability.
                            Unless Dye gets severely hurt or bombs the combine, he ain't making it to the 3rd. It's possible he might sneak into the late 1st. Though I see it as Simmons and Murray as the only 2 locks at non pass rushing LB right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

This is why a QB on a rookie cheap contract works to our benefit for a couple years. Plus you can convert a lot of Schobert in a signing bonus.

cutting 5M with Davis? I’m all for that
                              Why do you think I mentioned cutting him in the other thread? His cap hit is 6 mil, him getting cut incurs 1 mil dead cap and saves us 5 mil, that's a better OL or WR instead of a runs stuffing LB who can't cover.

Comment

I would be really suprised if Dye made it to the 3rd round. He will be the 2nd ILB taken after Murray.
                                Simmons, Moses, Murray, Dye might go late 2nd, but there is a real possibility he lasts to the 3rd because his lack of size. The draft wire 2 round Christmas mock is probably my favorite one I've seen so far.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2019/...agovailoa/amp/

Comment

Working...
                                X