The GROSS Mishandling of Drew Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

So you're saying we can't trust our staff when they medically clear a guy to practice? Weeks earlier? And then just take another 4 weeks. Just Cuz?

Just piss away the kid's 1st contract year with as little development as possible. Cuz Scotch doesn't trust his staff?

Unlikely. There's a political reason behind the scenes here somewhere. It's so incoherent though, it's hard to guess what.
    Elway openly stated he wanted to give Lock the Aaron Rodgers treatment. He had no intention of letting him play this season. That’s why they put him on IR.

Comment

• I can't accept that lockis doing so well when I absolutely feel the need to HSATEvand FIRE sombody ! !
      JFE ios a worthlees good for nothing drunk,it does not seem right that everything turned out right with lock !
      JFE got drunk and cost us yet another superbowl !
      we could have won 2 SB already with lock if JFE was not such a drunken idiot.
      Now lock will never get a yellow jacket and its all elways fault !

Comment

That's not even the argument. Yes, you can accommodate players in some ways even when they can't practice.

That's not an argument for why they shouldn't actually practice. I've still yet to hear a coherent explanation why that was the case for a presumed QBOTF.
        He looked raw and rough on preseason, and then he was injured. Scangarello has worked with QBs and has gotten the best out of a couple of nobodys, if he felt Lock needed a few more weeks, I don't have any data or great arguement to go against his experience. I was confused as to why Lock wasn't activated sooner, but he came out guns blazing, and looking like a completely different guy than he did in preseason. So it seems like their approach paid off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

He looked raw and rough on preseason, and then he was injured. Scangarello has worked with QBs and has gotten the best out of a couple of nobodys, if he felt Lock needed a few more weeks, I don't have any data or great arguement to go against his experience. I was confused as to why Lock wasn't activated sooner, but he came out guns blazing, and looking like a completely different guy than he did in preseason. So it seems like their approach paid off.
          unless your hate is so strong, then you are compelled to see it as a season of glory gone to waste while elway drinks his liver into a spasm. we would already be holding the lamar hunt trophy if they let him start from day one.
          we would be undifeated and teams would just forfit rather than fly to denver.
          screwed everything up !

Comment

So you're saying we can't trust our staff when they medically clear a guy to practice? Weeks earlier? And then just take another 4 weeks. Just Cuz?

Just piss away the kid's 1st contract year with as little development as possible. Cuz Scotch doesn't trust his staff?

Unlikely. There's a political reason behind the scenes here somewhere. It's so incoherent though, it's hard to guess what.
            Oh ok. Now you'll rely on the coaching staff and trainers. Good, we're making progress.

Two days after the Broncos’ Week 8 loss in Indianapolis, Lock said he was physically cleared, but the team chose to keep him on injured reserve in order to delay
            the league-mandated three-week time clock to return.
            https://www.denverpost.com/2019/11/1...s-to-practice/

The Broncos played the Colts on October 27th. He practiced 2 weeks later. So again, where's the 5-6 week "conservative" window?

Comment

• this is all kind of ironic considering Lock may have saved the jobs of the guys who where holding him back from playing.

Comment

• IMHO Lock has been mishandled and yes, the Broncos quite possibly could be in the playoff picture had the Broncos done some things differently. That said, it is what it is and now it's important that Lock be named the starter with the full support of the entire coaching staff, and the pussy-footing around comes to a quick end. Now, nail the draft and then put getting to the playoffs the main goal for next season

Comment

• Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                  IMHO Lock has been mishandled and yes, the Broncos quite possibly could be in the playoff picture had the Broncos done some things differently. That said, it is what it is and now it's important that Lock be named the starter with the full support of the entire coaching staff, and the pussy-footing around comes to a quick end. Now, nail the draft and then put getting to the playoffs the main goal for next season
                  I read on some site or twitter after KC that the brass was hesitant to throw tons of support after him and annoint him the QBOTF because of what happened with Baker. I have to admit that has me a little nervous too. Baltimore didn't fully support LJ and he worked his ass off over the off season. It makes sense in an odd way but I imagine it is BS since they did introduce him in the game unlike before.

Comment

• We half assed with Lock. <-(we did both actually, so correction made)

We whole assed with Flacco.

Click image for larger version  Name:	anigif_sub-buzz-18686-1508442628-2.gif?downsize=700:*&amp;output-format=auto&amp;output-quality=auto.gif Views:	1 Size:	1.63 MB ID:	2541237

Comment

• What we should really be complaining about is how ****ed up the OL has looked since 2011

Comment

That's not even the argument. Yes, you can accommodate players in some ways even when they can't practice.

That's not an argument for why they shouldn't actually practice. I've still yet to hear a coherent explanation why that was the case for a presumed QBOTF.
                        How about that it seems to have worked out great so far? For all your hypothetical blabbering there are at least as many hypotheticals where things turn out much worse for Lock and this franchise.

what if he starts four weeks sooner, looks like crap because he’s not as prepared and he loses his first four starts. What does that do for us and his future?

You can imagine all you want about the playoffs, etc but you don’t really have a leg to stand on given that it looks like he’s in a great place now.

that’s really the only fact in this entire thread. He looks like he’s in a great place in his development now.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

end result, we have a rookie QB who is looking off safeties before he targets his intended receiver, he moves well on play action and also shows the ability to read the D and change the call at the LOS.
                          He is taking snaps from under center, something he NEVER did in college as well as calling plays in the huddle.
                          At this point I dont give a rats arse about how he got here, the end result is we have a bona fide QBOTF !
                          HATE for JFE must be off the charts if you are complaining about the results of his "cautious" treatment !
                          Right. Lock shows a lot of poise for a kid his age. He looks relaxed. He talks about letting the game come to him. The players respect him. He's obviously having a lot of fun. What's not to like?

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post

I read on some site or twitter after KC that the brass was hesitant to throw tons of support after him and annoint him the QBOTF because of what happened with Baker. I have to admit that has me a little nervous too. Baltimore didn't fully support LJ and he worked his ass off over the off season. It makes sense in an odd way but I imagine it is BS since they did introduce him in the game unlike before.
                            Interesting points, however, Lock did get his ass whipping in the only meaningful NFL Stadium in front of his whole family. I feel like he has quite a bit of motivation for the offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnykbr View Post

Baker is on a bad team. He’s made them a bit better, but they have tons of gaps and deficiencies to fill up, plus he’s a head case himself.
                              Lock is more mature and focused than Baker Mayfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by strafen View Post

Baker is on a bad team. He’s made them a bit better, but they have tons of gaps and deficiencies to fill up, plus he’s a head case himself.
                                Lock is more mature and focused than Baker Mayfield.
                                Baker is on a bad team? Nah, he has a bad HC but the team has talent

Comment

Working...
                                X