Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

let’s see how Flacco exits....

did Lock learn to trash the coaching staff in front of the press? Flacco is and has always been a bitch.
    Flacco left Baltimore praising Lamar and the team.

Comment

• https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...cing-this-week

Or put another way...Drew was finally activated to practice in Week 11. 4 weeks after the return from IR designation would have allowed him to resume practicing in week 7. Which was already likely 3-4 weeks after his hand was ready to resume practice.

So not only was the IR designation a bad gamble considering how QB deprived we are, they inexplicably doubled down by not activating him for practice ASAP even once the early IR designation would've allowed it.

Incoherent. By any definition.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

Flacco left Baltimore praising Lamar and the team.

he’s going to do the same now? IMO It’ll be very quiet and I doubt he’s gonna rave about all aspects of this team.

Flacco has been benched then replaced by rookies who both changed/improved the dynamic of the offense. The guy needs to end the charade of being a starting QB.

Comment

• I honestly don't care about all the BS. New coaches on this team, new schemes, I expected some big bumps along the way. I'm just glad Lock appears to be the real deal and and the last 2 drafts have been amazing. We are heading in the right direction back towards greatness and I'm looking forward to 2020 with much bigger hopes than I did going into this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
            Check this out...
            next year Jackson, James, Callahan, Bausby, Chubb, a couple TEs, and maybe Riddick... Should all be back from IR/suspension.
            We will get stronger off FA again.
            We will get stronger with the draft too.
            Our QBOTF is already here.

And Broncos have a lot of cash to spend. So Flacco's money is meaningless compared to getting Lock to the point where he is viewed as ready by all required parties.

And next week we get to knock the Raiders out of playoff contention clearing room for the Titans to go back to Arrowhead and make BBQ abandonment issues a fear for a whole week before those fears become realized.

The Broncos are awake again... & about to stand up after a long nap. Smile my grumpy brethren. A new age is beginning...
            and our draft position isn't too bad either. Things are Locking Up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

We lost a bunch of close games when Flacco was starting for us. Lock is massively better than Flacco. Therefore it’s not unreasonable to think we could have two or three more wins had Lock started playing as soon as he was healthy instead of waiting more than a month to see the field. Yes the team has many other issues, but that doesn’t mean Flacco wasn’t the biggest issue.
              I agree, which is why I laughed in silence at the over the top hysterics of some people. We were never the worst team in football, no matter how many threads were started that said that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZONA View Post
                I honestly don't care about all the BS. New coaches on this team, new schemes, I expected some big bumps along the way. I'm just glad Lock appears to be the real deal and and the last 2 drafts have been amazing. We are heading in the right direction back towards greatness and I'm looking forward to 2020 with much bigger hopes than I did going into this season.

what’s turning into a real interesting aspect is Scangs. I knew there’d be learning WTF moments having zero exp, like the first play of the season, but going back in those games with Flacco it’s harder to gauge who Scangs really is. We’re seeing an improvement through the year after the QB change. Completely inept before, at the least functional right now. Adapting to Lock instead of forcing him with one way of thinking with the playcalling

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                  Check this out...
                  next year Jackson, James, Callahan, Bausby, Chubb, a couple TEs, and maybe Riddick... Should all be back from IR/suspension.
                  We will get stronger off FA again.
                  We will get stronger with the draft too.
                  Our QBOTF is already here.

And Broncos have a lot of cash to spend. So Flacco's money is meaningless compared to getting Lock to the point where he is viewed as ready by all required parties.

And next week we get to knock the Raiders out of playoff contention clearing room for the Titans to go back to Arrowhead and make BBQ abandonment issues a fear for a whole week before those fears become realized.

The Broncos are awake again... & about to stand up after a long nap. Smile my grumpy brethren. A new age is beginning...

We have a lot of work ahead in FA, including some tough decisions on re-signing, but yeah … the Broncos are one of the youngest teams in the NFL with lots of cap room to work with and a nice bunch of draft picks. Here's hoping the draft is more like 2018 or 2019 and less like 2017. Should be some good times ahead!

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-is-frustrated
                    Drew Lock is 'Frustrated' but Not for the Reason You Might Think

Nov 1, 2019
                    That was Nov 1st. He practiced November 12th. You said conservatively 5 to 6 weeks.

Also, my question was...what grade sprain did Lock have?

Comment

• I was never happy about Flacco. I figured he would be a bridge QB, he was obviously never going to be the guy to get us over the hump. I was happy that Keenum was gone, but I was disappointed that Flacco would be his replacement. I hoped for the best, and tried to find some reason for hope, but really didnt expect much.

Lock looked pretty raw in preseason. I think the FO saw the injury as a chance to get him away from the day to day stuff and focus more on learning what it takes to be a QB in the NFL. It was clear that if the injury didn't happen Lock was going to be the backup come the regular season.

And I think it paid off. Lock came in looking like a completely different guy than he did in preseason. He has looked way more polished and ready as a rookie than I ever expected.

Flacco will be gone, and we have our QB. I could nitpick everything about how we got there, or be happy for where we are. The team seems to be turning a corner, and the young guys are forming the team's identity. We have what seems to be a good staff, and hopefully they can develop these young players.

As far as how Lock was handled, we don't know what would have happened had he been pressed into starting game 1. All we can do is guess. But we can see what he has accomplished these last 4 games, and it has been impressive. It gives him and the team something to build on, and gives us something to be excited about. He obviously used that time on IR working hard, and there is no doubt that helped some aspects of his game. After this week, he will have an entire offseason to further work on and refine himself into becoming a very good NFL QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post

That was Nov 1st. He practiced November 12th. You said conservatively 5 to 6 weeks.

Also, my question was...what grade sprain did Lock have?
                        As the article stated, he could've started practicing prior. In fact, in week 7. We started him practicing in week 11.

That's 4 weeks we iced him for absolutely no defensible reason.

That's even accommodating the IR designation.

If we hadn't played it so conservatively putting him on IR in the first place, he's possibly practicing by week 3 or 4.

That's 7-8 weeks of no practice. That's huge. Even the 4 completely inexplicable weeks were incredibly significant in a 17 week season. For what? Drunk hope that Flacco was still going to pay off somehow, and the controversy needed tamped down?

Comment

As the article stated, he could've started practicing prior. In fact, in week 7. We started him practicing in week 11.

If we hadn't played it so conservatively putting him on IR in the first place, he's possibly practicing by week 3 or 4.

That's 7-8 weeks of no practice. That's huge. Even the 4 completely inexplicable weeks were incredibly significant in a 17 week season.
                          Alot of practice is going over and installing the game plan for that specific week.

Lock was still able to go over the playbook, and work on his mechanics, attend meetings, things like that. He was able to focus on improving himself, instead of just what was needed for that week.

It wasn't completely wasted. He worked hard to improve in areas he needed to, and when his number was called, he was ready.

Comment

• Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

Alot of practice is going over and installing the game plan for that specific week.

Lock was still able to go over the playbook, and work on his mechanics, attend meetings, things like that. He was able to focus on improving himself, instead of just what was needed for that week.

It wasn't completely wasted. He worked hard to improve in areas he needed to, and when his number was called, he was ready.
                            That's not even the argument. Yes, you can accommodate players in some ways even when they can't practice.

That's not an argument for why they shouldn't actually practice. I've still yet to hear a coherent explanation why that was the case for a presumed QBOTF.

Comment

That's 7-8 weeks of no practice. That's huge. Even the 4 completely inexplicable weeks were incredibly significant in a 17 week season. For what? Drunk hope that Flacco was still going to pay off somehow, and the controversy needed tamped down?
                              So your plan was to have him practice through, which unless I've missed, you deem an "undetermined level of damage" to his throwing thumb? Ok, let's go with that. Now that partial tear becomes a complete tear and he's set back months, missing the entire season. Seems reckless.

I'm ok with playing it conservative with a rookie QB with an injury to his throwing hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post

So your plan was to have him practice through, which unless I've missed, you deem an "undetermined level of damage" to his throwing thumb? Ok, let's go with that. Now that partial tear becomes a complete tear and he's set back months, missing the entire season. Seems reckless.

I'm ok with playing it conservative with a rookie QB with an injury to his throwing hand.
                                So you're saying we can't trust our staff when they medically clear a guy to practice? Weeks earlier? And then just take another 4 weeks. Just Cuz?

Just piss away the kid's 1st contract year with as little development as possible. Cuz Scotch doesn't trust his staff?

Unlikely. There's a political reason behind the scenes here somewhere. It's so incoherent though, it's hard to guess what.

Comment

Working...
                                X