The GROSS Mishandling of Drew Lock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

And my point is that it was a shot not worth taking. Spending a pick and a ton of money to replace Keenum with Flacco was a lot like going to a car dealership with a beat up junker and trading it in for another beat up junker, only now with a payment every month since you had to finance it to pay the difference. Calling it a stupid move is a massive understatement.
    Yep...it was a bizarre thought process. Made you wonder what goes on in that mind of Elway's.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

And my point is that it was a shot not worth taking. Spending a pick and a ton of money to replace Keenum with Flacco was a lot like going to a car dealership with a beat up junker and trading it in for another beat up junker, only now with a payment every month since you had to finance it to pay the difference. Calling it a stupid move is a massive understatement.
      Is it your money? who cares. Keenum was terrible too. If you want to complain, complain about signing Keenum and not just retaining Trevor.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

I don't care either honestly. but John Elway cared.
        It was a bad decision that everyone knew outside of Elway. If he was dead set on having a Vet start the year just kept Case or sign a cheap guy like McCown or Fitzpatrick for a rental for a few games.

Comment

Check this out...
          next year Jackson, James, Callahan, Bausby, Chubb, a couple TEs, and maybe Riddick... Should all be back from IR/suspension.
          We will get stronger off FA again.
          We will get stronger with the draft too.
          Our QBOTF is already here.

And Broncos have a lot of cash to spend. So Flacco's money is meaningless compared to getting Lock to the point where he is viewed as ready by all required parties.

And next week we get to knock the Raiders out of playoff contention clearing room for the Titans to go back to Arrowhead and make BBQ abandonment issues a fear for a whole week before those fears become realized.

The Broncos are awake again... & about to stand up after a long nap. Smile my grumpy brethren. A new age is beginning...

Comment

not really painting everything. I'm just not assuming the scandalous things, like you are. If Lock said Flacco has been great and taught him things. I just assume he's being speaking truth,
            when I say paint the illusion I’m Saying Lock and Lamar did.

So you believe when Lock speaks its the truth but when the FO says stupid **** you toss it as not authentic? Elway said Flacco’s in his prime, same approach you’re taking with Lock as that Elway comment?

Lock isn’t going to say Flacco taught him nothing. Neither is Lamar. So you go to the action of the players. Locks/Lamars actions in locker room, media, on the field play are the exact opposite of Flacco.

I genuinely believe Lock learned how not to be like Flacco. IMO even Keenum would’ve taught Lock a better approach.

Comment

some folks act like JFE is matt millen.

Comment

Is it your money? who cares. Keenum was terrible too. If you want to complain, complain about signing Keenum and not just retaining Trevor.
                The Keenum signing was pretty questionable, but at least he was coming off a career year. Flacco was coming off a terrible season where it was clear to anyone with eyes that he was done. Also, why would I want them to retain Siemian? *shudder*

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

So you believe when Lock speaks its the truth but when the FO says stupid **** you toss it as not authentic? Elway said Flacco’s in his prime, same approach you’re taking with Lock as that Elway comment?

Lock isn’t going to say Flacco taught him nothing. Neither is Lamar. So you go to the action of the players. Locks/Lamars actions in locker room, media, on the field play are the exact opposite of Flacco.

I genuinely believe Lock learned how not to be like Flacco. IMO even Keenum would’ve taught Lock a better approach.
                  maybe. maybe not. maybe Drew and Joe are Besties. Eveyone just likes to seek out drama.

Flacco is a quiet type but that doesn't make him a bad QB. His slow decision making does. The rah rah types only are tolerable when the team is winning. Kurt Cousins rubbed DC wrong with all his "how you like that" on his way to 2 non winning seasons in a row.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post
                    some folks act like JFE is matt millen.
                    they will outright say Millen was better. l o l. crazy people here. Crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

also, and maybe ironically, Keenum was benched for a Rookie before Flacco was. but he didn't get the chance to be injured.

Comment

• Once not so long ago I said "The main thing I want is better coaching than Radio and a better QB than Seimian."

Now I find I'm greedy. I also want a Nose Tackle and a Punter and an Offensive Tackle and a fast WR and a Center. And 15 more cheerleaders.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

also, and maybe ironically, Keenum was benched for a Rookie before Flacco was. but he didn't get the chance to be injured.

let’s see how Flacco exits....

did Lock learn to trash the coaching staff in front of the press? Flacco is and has always been a bitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve Prefontaine View Post

What grade was his sprain?
                            https://www.si.com/nfl/broncos/news/...-is-frustrated
                            Drew Lock is 'Frustrated' but Not for the Reason You Might Think

Nov 1, 2019

Denver made the questionable decision to place Lock on injured reserve when the season opened, which guaranteed that he would have to miss the first eight games.

Do you know who else hasn't appeared in any of the Broncos' first eight games? Cornerback Bryce Callahan, and yet, the team still hasn't placed him on IR. Lock's injured thumb has been fully healed for a while now.

“It’s good. It’s healed up," Lock said on Wednesday. "It’s ready. Ready whenever.”

As an IR player, by league rule Lock could have returned to the practice field in Week 7, with an eye towards being activated this week for the Broncos' home tilt vs. the Cleveland Browns, but the team brass has pumped the brakes and delayed even that from happening. So, with Flacco out for 4-6 weeks with a neck injury, Denver will start Brandon Allen this week, a QB with zero NFL snaps under his belt who literally joined the Broncos a week before the season-opener.

Comment

• fire lock !

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post
                                Check this out...
                                next year Jackson, James, Callahan, Bausby, Chubb, a couple TEs, and maybe Riddick... Should all be back from IR/suspension.
                                We will get stronger off FA again.
                                We will get stronger with the draft too.
                                Our QBOTF is already here.

And Broncos have a lot of cash to spend. So Flacco's money is meaningless compared to getting Lock to the point where he is viewed as ready by all required parties.

And next week we get to knock the Raiders out of playoff contention clearing room for the Titans to go back to Arrowhead and make BBQ abandonment issues a fear for a whole week before those fears become realized.

The Broncos are awake again... & about to stand up after a long nap. Smile my grumpy brethren. A new age is beginning...
                                Great post.

I was just thinking how perfectly this season has played out after the thought of 2-3 years of Flacco.

Defense. I mean, we have run a bunch of scrubs through our defense because of injury, and still maintained a high quality "top 10" unit. Lose Chubb, fine. Lose starting corner, fine. Lose a couple D-Tackles, fine. Find phenomenal ILB that hasn't played in a few years, fine.

Offense. We have developed several guys, but finally found a QB that can score more than 25 points a game, and he's just getting started. If he can beta the Raiders, he will have beaten 2 of 3 of our division opponents and we will possibly finish second in our division.

Flacco done, Lock solidly in place and making strides. Top ten defense. It's been a great year of progress, and I'm finally excited to start buying jerseys again.

Comment

Working...
                                X