Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Coyote View Post

No. We couldn't have.
    Not with the living pocket snail Flacco.
    Allen coulda done it... maybe?.
    Perhaps Emanuel Sanders as QB with Lindsay in a wildcat?
    Lock probably could have done it.
    But not Flacco. That's silly. He's a Tank Commander.
    ​​​​​
    Three losses with Flacco on the sideline—Bears, Jags, and Colts. The Broncos had the Colts deep in their own territory with no timeouts. Von had Brissett in his grasp in the end zone, and he got away and picked up a first down on the winning drive. Lock could have probably stopped them from the sidelines with his Jedi mind tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post

Three losses with Flacco on the sideline—Bears, Jags, and Colts. The Broncos had the Colts deep in their own territory with no timeouts. Von had Brissett in his grasp in the end zone, and he got away and picked up a first down on the winning drive. Lock could have probably stopped them from the sidelines with his Jedi mind tricks.
      14, 24, and 13 points were scored by the Broncos in those games. It’s fair to put some blame on the defense with the Jags loss, but the other two losses were primarily due to Flacco’s inability to score points. Late scoring drives don’t change that.

Comment

Originally posted by Arkie View Post

So you blame a top level D (by the numbers) for the Broncos not scoring enough points?
        ​​​​​​ The D was keeping us in games that the O had no business being that close in...
        Lock definitely could have scored more points than Flacco. What was our D supposed to do? Keep teams below 12 points or something?

Comment

So you blame a top level D (by the numbers) for the Broncos not scoring enough points?
          ​​​​​​ The D was keeping us in games that the O had no business being that close in...
          Lock definitely could have scored more points than Flacco. What was our D supposed to do? Keep teams below 12 points or something?
          There were some questionable calls by the refs, and clock mismanagement by Fangio...
          Bad defense strategy and calls to stop a team with very little time left, to go 90+ yards the length of the field and steal a victory from us.
          Just bad luck on situations where the ball didn't bounce our way.

I do however agree with you just like most of us would, that Lock could've given the
          offense a nice shot in the arm.
          Definitely a much needed boost at the time he was medical cleared to play.

Comment

Flacco farting out here is Karma for Rahim.
            May they both live happy lives now that that circle is closed.
            But who gives a crap now right?

I'm happy with Lock.
            I want to knock the Raiders out of any possibility of giving an easy victory to KC...
            and go into the off-season with a bitch slapping of the Faid in hand.

Comment

4th and 15 is on the defense . Failed big time
              regardless of score.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                4th and 15 is on the defense . Failed big time
                regardless of score.
                True. The D failed there.
                Even top level Ds fail sometimes.
                That, however, was a big fail.

But who cares now? Season is over in a week.
                We got a Better QB for next year.

&FTR.

Comment

&FTR.
                  Just saying not all the losses were due to the Flacco offense

Comment

&FTR.
                    Things happen for a reason, my wife always tells me, and I think despite this debacle of a year, we’re better poised going into next season.
                    I personally haven’t been this excited about my broncos in so long, I can’t believe that for the first time in years I’m going to make sure I watch every single game.
                    I’m even spending more time here than I have in years, that tells you something on how I feel about our team going forward!
                    Looking forward to the draft next!
                    Woohoo!
                    Bring it!
                    Go Broncos!!!
                    Last edited by strafen; 12-26-2019, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Just saying not all the losses were due to the Flacco offense
                      You defend Flacco with honor man.
                      I'll admit he wasn't absolutely horrible, I suppose he deserves his accurate credit... Flacco was a level of mediocre below pre-turtle move shook Seimian but above the horrid Lynch's & Sanchez's of the past. There.
                      that was disgusting. You happy now?

Got me talking about Skittles and Dips...

How's this:
                      Happy Holidays to all!
                      We got a QB again!

& FTR...

Comment

You defend Flacco with honor man.
                        I'll admit he wasn't absolutely horrible, I suppose he deserves his accurate credit... Flacco was a level of mediocre below pre-turtle move shook Seimian but above the horrid Lynch's & Sanchez's of the past. There.
                        that was disgusting. You happy now?

Got me talking about Skittles and Dips...

How's this:
                        Happy Holidays to all!
                        We got a QB again!

& FTR...
                        For sure On to 2020

Comment

Double check the schedule for week 17 you might be surprised.
                          Yep, you and Coyote are right, all three games are Sunday late kickoffs. Unusual, but good drama.

Colts are actually already eliminated, so three teams are alive, basically in this order:

1. Titans
                          2. Steelers
                          3. Raiders

All three are 2:25 kickoffs on CBS - Tenn and Pitt are runners-up on the road vs their division winners Houston and Baltimore.

Damn, if it weren't just the 6 seed, I might start believing in scheduling conspiracies.

Comment

none of those pereferal games are going to mean squat when we kick the raiders arse !
                            FTR

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

For all the greif Flacco gets...he had last minute drives that should have been game winners VS the Bears and Jags? ....some really unlikely events led to losses in those games. The Broncos were literally thisclose to being 8-8 or 9-7, me losing a 1000 bucks to HAT and making the wild card.
                              The Indy game is the one that kills me. Von had JB dead to rights...Until he didn't. It was 4th and long to boot.

I'm pretty confident that Denver wins this week and we push. I might end up trying to hedge some though.

Comment

Originally posted by HAT View Post

The Indy game is the one that kills me. Von had JB dead to rights...Until he didn't. It was 4th and long to boot.

I'm pretty confident that Denver wins this week and we push. I might end up trying to hedge some though.
                                That is why it important to take a good line. Zero gave you .5 game and it could cost him with a push instead of having the win already.

Comment

Working...
                                X