Ris of Skywakler.... The Best movie ever? or is Empire still best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post
    I think what they should have done is sign JJ Abrams to do all three of the sequels. He did Force Awakens and they bring in someone else?? Whoever directed the 1st one should have been signed on for all three.
    I think they should've gotten better writers and a better director to do all three. Having the directors write each of the movies was dumb, not sticking with one director through all three of them was dumber. Probably should've just had Kasdan solo-write all three.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess Who View Post

I stopped going to see the Marvel movies. I still haven't seen the last one. I just dont think they are that good. SW is burned into my soul however.
      In terms of writing and direction, the Marvel movies blow the new Star Wars movies out of the water. If the MCU had started off as poorly as Disney's Star Wars has, it would've died before the first Avengers movie most likely.

Comment

I'm going to stick with Citizen Kane.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

I think they should've gotten better writers and a better director to do all three. Having the directors write each of the movies was dumb, not sticking with one director through all three of them was dumber. Probably should've just had Kasdan solo-write all three.
          Yeah, you can mix up the directors. TV does it all the time. Just have to have the actual story mapped out ahead of time.

How you end the most successful movie series in history without any kind of overarching design is beyond me. Multi-billion $ mistake.

Comment

JJ's original cut had the force ghosts of Anakin, Obi Wan, Windu (and I would assume Luke and Yoda) standing with Rey at the end against Palpatine.

But Kathleen Kennedy forced a reshoot so we only get their voices. What. A. B***h.

Comment

Finally saw it.

You completely negate Anakin’s rise/fall/redemption by bringing back Palpatine. His sacrifice at the end of Jedi means nothing, and the story almost becomes Palpatine’s story.

Disney just needs to make an Episode 0 that starts with Darth Plageuis finding a young Palpatine, training him, and ending with Palpatine killing Plageuis and getting elected to the Senate.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Yeah, you can mix up the directors. TV does it all the time. Just have to have the actual story mapped out ahead of time.

How you end the most successful movie series in history without any kind of overarching design is beyond me. Multi-billion $ mistake.
                  TV shows use different directors because they have a show creator who acts like a supervisory director. I suppose that was kind of Kathleen Kennedy’s job, but she clearly didn’t do it.

Comment

Working...
                  X