Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American style Football takes step toward Olympics, could be medal sport in 2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American style Football takes step toward Olympics, could be medal sport in 2024

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/a...rt-2024-121013

Woot. Another sport we would absolutely dominate.

Comment

yawn, watching olympic basketball is already boring, i wouldnt want to watch this either. they are leaning towards 7 on 7 we could probably send high schoolers to make it more competitive but would probably still easily win.

Comment

How many countries actually play American-style football? I smell an NFL conspiracy. It's all a plan to expand, internationally...

Comment

Originally posted by Crushaholic View Post
          How many countries actually play American-style football? I smell an NFL conspiracy. It's all a plan to expand, internationally...
          yep. this is a better plan than just plopping NFL franchizes down in other countries and hoping for the best. It's gotta be a grassroots system for other countries to not only love football and pay to watch it, but also supply the players who will make up the rosters.

Comment

How is this gonna work? The Olympics are like two weeks long right?

Comment

i can't wait to play the Chinese.

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                i can't wait to play the Chinese.

not if steroids have a say in it my friend... yah, commies know how to cheat extremely well, at the expense of the athlete's health too.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
                  How is this gonna work? The Olympics are like two weeks long right?
                  7 on 7 it states, and at that i almost guessing flag. Wouldnt be hard to get alot of flag games in just like they do now with other sports

Comment

Originally posted by bfoflcommish View Post
                    7 on 7 it states, and at that i almost guessing flag. Wouldnt be hard to get alot of flag games in just like they do now with other sports
                    if it's flag football then forget it. What's the point?

Comment

Originally posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
                      not if steroids have a say in it my friend... yah, commies know how to cheat extremely well, at the expense of the athlete's health too.
                      so you're saying US players aren't using?

Comment

Originally posted by bronco militia View Post
                        so you're saying US players aren't using?
                        not anabolic steroids, no. I think the NFL has a good testing proceedure, not perfect by any means, but good enough to test for blatant cheating.

Comment

bad idea. More obese people in the world and 99.9% won't make anything close to good money.

Comment

Originally posted by broncocalijohn View Post
                            bad idea. More obese people in the world and 99.9% won't make anything close to good money.
                            I have no idea if you're joking, talking about football, flag football, steroids...

Comment

On the world's stage American Football is niche sport, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Comment

Working...
                              X