Von Miller's Press Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Von Miller's Press Conference

After watching this I think I'm at a point now where I want Von gone. I mean that press conference was all about everyone else's play without a single word of how he has played poorly this year, or how he needs to do better. Sure the rest of the team played poorly, but so did you Von! Seriously, the guy used to take over games, but now he just talks about how he doesn't know what to do while I see him getting blocked 1-on-1 constantly. And the lack of proper leadership in that video as he throws his teammates under the bus...oh boy. Von will always have a place in my heart for the way he played in Super Bowl 50 and his many years of great play as a Bronco, but that video tells me it's time for him to go. Hopefully he lands somewhere where he can be rejuvenated and, more importantly, where he doesn't have to be a leader. Hopefully he can finish out his career with a few more great seasons and make it to the Hall of Fame. I just don't see it being here.

Amazing how people can watch that and come away with totally different perspectives. I saw passion from him, he's clearly frustrated about not winning. I didn't hear him sell out anybody. Sounds to me like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. His play dipped this year, no question. But that doesn't mean he's washed up or we need to get rid of him. That's crazy. He didn't have Chubb on the other side all year. Interior guys are rotation material, solid, but no big time guys inside next to him. LB's aren't what you call top notch. Throw in an offense that hasn't done jack all year except for 1 maybe 2 games, he's a little beat up right now.

Comment

I just found it odd, the timing and everything. This game was three hours of meh, not close to the rock bottom games of the current era. Coming off two fun wins, a glimmer of hope at QB and losing a bad weather game you should lose. Did they actually think there was going to be a playoff run? Very strange.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
        I just found it odd, the timing and everything. This game was three hours of meh, not close to the rock bottom games of the current era. Coming off two fun wins, a glimmer of hope at QB and losing a bad weather game you should lose. Did they actually think there was going to be a playoff run? Very strange.
        Yes, it was strange, and the seeming lack of self-awareness is disturbing. He seems to think he's playing at the same level he's always played at when it's really obvious he isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by ZONA View Post
          Amazing how people can watch that and come away with totally different perspectives. I saw passion from him, he's clearly frustrated about not winning. I didn't hear him sell out anybody. Sounds to me like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill. His play dipped this year, no question. But that doesn't mean he's washed up or we need to get rid of him. That's crazy. He didn't have Chubb on the other side all year. Interior guys are rotation material, solid, but no big time guys inside next to him. LB's aren't what you call top notch. Throw in an offense that hasn't done jack all year except for 1 maybe 2 games, he's a little beat up right now.
          If he called himself out along with his teammates I'd be kind of inclined to agree with you, but there was a complete lack of self-criticism in that video. That's really what I find disturbing. The guy has played like **** all year by his standards (at average starter level basically), and now he has the nerve to call out a bunch of teammates who don't have a tenth of his talent? It's just a bad look.

Comment

The way this place frames some broncos legends is absolutely bizarre. Von Miller should be a bronco for life, and people in the game thread were trying to ship him off for a 4th round pick. Demaryius Thomas was probably the 2nd best receiver in broncos history and it was not good enough. It's just weird.

Comment

Originally posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
              The way this place frames some broncos legends is absolutely bizarre. Von Miller should be a bronco for life, and people in the game thread were trying to ship him off for a 4th round pick. Demaryius Thomas was probably the 2nd best receiver in broncos history and it was not good enough. It's just weird.
              A Bronco for life huh? How many mediocre seasons from him, followed by press conferences where he just whines about his team, do you figure you would be okay with before you changed your mind on that?

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

A Bronco for life huh? How many mediocre seasons from him, followed by press conferences where he just whines about his team, do you figure you would be okay with before you changed your mind on that?
                I don't know that I'd call it "mediocre" is much as very un-Von like. he also spent the first half of the season double teamed, sometime triple teamed. And this proooobly isn't the best defense for his talents.

I think things like this matter. I like having broncos legends, I like that they can represent the team in things like these 100 lists. Or when he eventually walks into the hall of fame. It would be cool if he did that as a lifetime bronco. it still kinda bothers me (as much as any of this does) that Shannon Sharpe was a Raven at one point in his career. I bet it bothers Colts fans that Manning spent his best statistical years with the Broncos.

Comment

I don't know that I'd call it "mediocre" is much as very un-Von like. he also spent the first half of the season double teamed, sometime triple teamed. And this proooobly isn't the best defense for his talents.

I think things like this matter. I like having broncos legends, I like that they can represent the team in things like these 100 lists. Or when he eventually walks into the hall of fame. It would be cool if he did that as a lifetime bronco. it still kinda bothers me (as much as any of this does) that Shannon Sharpe was a Raven at one point in his career. I bet it bothers Colts fans that Manning spent his best statistical years with the Broncos.
                  Von is almost always double teamed due to the fact he’s the best pass rusher on the team.

Comment

Quit being a crybaby. Von has been playing great for us for a while now. Remember SB50, he’s having a bad year and everyone wants to blame Von for all of Denver’s woes.von is coming off a sprained MCL, which probably hasn’t healed properly playing along a mash unit of a Dline. Miller is the best player we have on defense right now.

Comment

After watching this I think I'm at a point now where I want Von gone. I mean that press conference was all about everyone else's play without a single word of how he has played poorly this year, or how he needs to do better. Sure the rest of the team played poorly, but so did you Von! Seriously, the guy used to take over games, but now he just talks about how he doesn't know what to do while I see him getting blocked 1-on-1 constantly. And the lack of proper leadership in that video as he throws his teammates under the bus...oh boy. Von will always have a place in my heart for the way he played in Super Bowl 50 and his many years of great play as a Bronco, but that video tells me it's time for him to go. Hopefully he lands somewhere where he can be rejuvenated and, more importantly, where he doesn't have to be a leader. Hopefully he can finish out his career with a few more great seasons and make it to the Hall of Fame. I just don't see it being here.
                      Of course you want one of our best gone.

Comment

We have no one on the opposite side or in the middle to take blockers away from him being double/triple teamed. Added in the MCL injury. We need to hang on to him, we get Chubb back next year. Upgrade the offense to maybe score more than 3 points in a game so that we can use Von's strengths. It's no coincidence to have down numbers for sacks/pressures when our offense can't score points.

I heard him say "Defense, we gotta stop the run, rush the passer" that's calling himself out. He's calling out the entire team, himself included.

Comment

Yes, it was strange, and the seeming lack of self-awareness is disturbing. He seems to think he's playing at the same level he's always played at when it's really obvious he isn't.
                          not so obvious to him and his "followers". to refer to VON as anything less than a god around here is blasphemy/
                          I have been pointing out vons lack of EFFORT for 3 years now.
                          Syup[erbowl 50 was his PEAK it was the highest pinnacle, thank you, SB MVP, but unless the lights are bright, von does nor come out to play.
                          I dont think he has EVER won at arrowhead, maybe thats why he was disgruntled ?

Comment

This happened to every great D wade coached. They can’t let it go that their attacking scheme built
                            to their strengths is gone for different less doggy systems. Saw it when Marty shottenhiemer style teams disband too. Give fangio another off season or two to build his defense (also
                            proven) and go on one more great run. Von needs to let the past go

Comment

There are two parts to this, current state of the Broncos and business. The team is doing poorly and needs an influx of talent. If trading older players means we get more younger talent then it makes sense to do so. The players in question were/are advanced in their football ages. This is a business and good football teams like the Patriots do not get emotional about great older players who are looking for 1 more big payday and have signs of diminishing skills. They have a history of letting guys go with one or two years left and get younger players at a better cap hit and upside. There is no room for Broncos for life unless they are willing to take a pay cut. Loved these players but you don't keep guys unless they make it attractive to do so.

As for Von, as great as he has been, he doesn't seem the same regardless of defensive scheme change. I haven't seen him dominate anyone this year as in the past. Is he hurt, has he lost a step, does he need a change in scenery (motivation). I am not sure but there is a difference. This coaching staff knows. The same analysis is probably going on right now for CHJ. This coaching staff knows.

We desperately need more draft classes like the last two and hopefully we can quit going to the QB well.

Comment

Working...
                              X