Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our running backs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    The Broncos are missing a lot of pieces both on offense and defense, guys like Riddick, Winfree, Jano are all offensive weapons who aren’t playing b/c of injuries. Not sure how much better the oline would be with James at RT? All that said, this team just did not play hard today, it’s like they decided they had two good weeks and it was cold and crappy so they just kinda shut it down today, add to this that KC is playing good football and you have a horrible day for Broncos fans

    Comment


    • #32
      hello,people !
      first and foremost a RB in the backfield with LOCK better be able to pick up a blitz and block to protect LOCK.
      that is first priority.
      Then a run threat as well as an outlet in the passing game.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by socalorado View Post

        Swift has a 1st round grade everywhere I've seen. Id be suprised if he goes in the 1st, but I don't think he's making it to the 3rd.
        Yeah. I think he probably goes mid-2nd round.

        Comment


        • #34
          Where are the guys who’ve been saying our O-line is fine and it’s all about the QB? Don’t make me search for your posts and call you out. Admit you were wrong. Don’t make me start naming names.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by TonyR View Post
            Where are the guys who’ve been saying our O-line is fine and it’s all about the QB? Don’t make me search for your posts and call you out. Admit you were wrong. Don’t make me start naming names.
            Whoever said that? People said the QBs were making the OL look even worse. We gave up three times as many sacks with Flacco than with Lock against a defense that clearly has our OL's number. It's all interconnected. The OL is bad. The running backs are mediocre at best. And the QB position was dog **** before Lock.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by jacob2125 View Post

              We’ve all seen what Lindsay can do when he has something to work with.
              I've seen that Lindsay is bad in the passing game, and is bad when it comes to getting tough yards. He can hit a hole hard and is tough for people to get their hands on in the open field, but that doesn't actually make him a starting NFL back. He's just not. Maybe if he was a better receiver out of the backfield it would be justifiable, but at present it's just not. Lindsay is a change-of-pace back.

              Comment


              • #37
                We’ve had a plethora of running backs come and go and we’re yet to find the one.
                Lindsay has done it all in his own, but even in a game like today it came down to the OL performance or lack there of.
                Last edited by strafen; 12-15-2019, 04:11 PM.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

                  And bring in a pile of late RB draft picks and UDFA RB.
                  Even that would be fine. We need to find a guy with starter size who can run routes and catch at a minimum. Anyone who knows anything about Kyle's and Scangs' offense should know that passing catching is very important for backs in the system. We have no one who can do that at even an average level right now.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

                    Whoever said that? People said the QBs were making the OL look even worse. We gave up three times as many sacks with Flacco than with Lock against a defense that clearly has our OL's number. It's all interconnected. The OL is bad. The running backs are mediocre at best. And the QB position was dog **** before Lock.
                    Back when Flacco was playing whenever someone brought up how terrible the O-line was there were some people who said the O-line was fine and it was all about Flacco. I guess I will have to do a search, but since the search function barely works I doubt I’ll have much luck.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by jacob2125 View Post

                      But nothing. This is the issue. We’ve all seen what Lindsay can do when he has something to work with. We all bag on the offensive line and then turn around and bag on the guy who has to run behind that dog ****.
                      When your starting back rarely gets extra yards after getting hit in the hole, it should be obvious the issues with your running game aren't just about the OL.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

                        Even that would be fine. We need to find a guy with starter size who can run routes and catch at a minimum. Anyone who knows anything about Kyle's and Scangs' offense should know that passing catching is very important for backs in the system. We have no one who can do that at even an average level right now.
                        As I’ve mentioned several times over the last few weeks, Theo Riddick is an elite pass catching RB who would have really helped this offense immensely.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by TonyR View Post

                          Back when Flacco was playing whenever someone brought up how terrible the O-line was there were some people who said the O-line was fine and it was all about Flacco. I guess I will have to do a search, but since the search function barely works I doubt I’ll have much luck.
                          No, people were telling the Flacco apologists to stfu because he was a way bigger issue than the OL. With Flacco you literally need an elite OL to function, and even then he'll probably end up taking a few sacks anyway.

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by TonyR View Post

                            As I’ve mentioned several times over the last few weeks, Theo Riddick is an elite pass catching RB who would have really helped this offense immensely.
                            Okay, and? He hasn't played this year, and he was only signed to a one year deal.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              I wouldn't mind seeing a better back to start and replace Freeman. I love Lindsay, but I think his is a better coming off the bench and making big plays against a defense that has been loosened up a bit.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by strafen View Post
                                We’ve had a plethora of running backs come and go and we’re yet to find the one.
                                Lindsay has done it all in his own, but even in a game like today it came down to the OL performance or lack there of.
                                Really makes me miss CJ.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X