Our running backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
    Lock playing in Gun/Pistol is going to hamper the run game. Growing pains.
    As if it matters when our OL can’t block and our backs can’t get more than what’s created by the blocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
      Yes I know that the OL is bad, and that’s a major part of our issues running the ball, but
      But nothing. This is the issue. We’ve all seen what Lindsay can do when he has something to work with. We all bag on the offensive line and then turn around and bag on the guy who has to run behind that dog ****.

Comment

It’s fascinating how some Bronco fans don’t appreciate the value of a back who gets more than just what’s created by the blocking in front of him. It’s like you guys missed the TD years or something.
        Or maybe I do feel like we have some guys that can do more than follow blocks, but not when 2 or three guys meet them behind the line of scrimmage.

Its like you missed the blocking during the TD years or something.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post

Read OP again, OP.
          Reading comprehension is hard for you I guess.

Comment

As if it matters when our OL can’t block and our backs can’t get more than what’s created by the blocking.
            That matters too. But the stretch running plays that lindsay excelled in last year and early season are pretty negated from the gun/pistol

Comment

Ehhhhh, they've both shown flashes at times. I'll withhold judgment until they don't have one of the worst OLs in the league.

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
                This FO drafts RBs like they do QBs.

the 2 best RBs all these years weren’t even drafted.

then they draft whiffs like Montee ****ing Ball.
                They always draft smaller guys who are also kind of slow. It’s like they are hoping fate gives them another TD or something.

Comment

It’s fascinating how some Bronco fans don’t appreciate the value of a back who gets more than just what’s created by the blocking in front of him. It’s like you guys missed the TD years or something.
                  Absolutely TD was something special, getting yards where there were none, but also a product of a lot of factors - Elway, Sharpe, Rod & Ed didn't allow teams to stack the box and even when they did we had Zimmerman, Schlereth, Nalen, Habib, Jones up front. In addition to cut blocking being legal back then.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob2125 View Post

But nothing. This is the issue. We’ve all seen what Lindsay can do when he has something to work with. We all bag on the offensive line and then turn around and bag on the guy who has to run behind that dog ****.
                    Lindsay is getting 4.5 ypc this year versus 5.4 last year.

Comment

Absolutely TD was something special, getting yards where there were none, but also a product of a lot of factors - Elway, Sharpe, Rod & Ed didn't allow teams to stack the box and even when they did we had Zimmerman, Schlereth, Nalen, Habib, Jones up front. In addition to cut blocking being legal back then.
                      And yet you’re trying to create and either/or narrative in this thread because you are a tard. Well done.

Comment

And yet you’re trying to create and either/or narrative in this thread because you are a tard. Well done.
                        Sorry you're still butt hurt about the Fant route you got owned on (not actually sorry)

Comment

Lindsay is getting 4.5 ypc this year versus 5.4 last year.
                          I don’t care what his average is. A back needs power to be the go to guy on an NFL team. Lindsay’s a nice depth/change-of-pace back, and could even be a featured weapon if he ever stops sucking in the passing game. Either way, he’s still not a feature back.

Comment

OL
                            OL
                            OL
                            ​​​​​​​OL
                            ​​​​​​​OL
                            ​​​​​​​OL
                            ​​​​​​​OL
                            OL
                            OL
                            ​​​​​​​
                            ​​​​​​​
                            And bring in a pile of late RB draft picks and UDFA RB.

Comment

I'd be pretty OK taking D'Andre Swift with the extra 3rd if he's there. Freeman has been a whole lotta meh this season. Lindsay is a great change of pace back runner in space, but his route running and hands are mediocre. Not a primary concern, but definitely could be upgraded.

Comment

Originally posted by razorwire77 View Post
                                I'd be pretty OK taking D'Andre Swift with the extra 3rd if he's there. Freeman has been a whole lotta meh this season. Lindsay is a great change of pace back runner in space, but his route running and hands are mediocre. Not a primary concern, but definitely could be upgraded.
                                Swift has a 1st round grade everywhere I've seen. Id be suprised if he goes in the 1st, but I don't think he's making it to the 3rd.

Comment

Working...
                                X