Our running backs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our running backs

Yes I know that the OL is bad, and that’s a major part of our issues running the ball, but I think it’s time to examine our running back corps and be honest with ourselves. They are a mediocre to bad unit, and are a bad fit for our system. Right now we have a change of pace guy as our feature back and a big guy who simply doesn’t play with power relieving him. And neither is a real receiving threat. A young QB needs a good running game, and this offense needs receiving backs. This is definitely something we need to address in free agency or the draft next year. No it’s not at the top of our needs, but it’s also not a minor thing. Lock needs a running game, and that falls on both the OL and RBs.

100% agree. Freeman is just another guy. Lindsay is a change of pace back at most. Goes down way too easily with arm tackles. Too add, Denver has to have less than 100 yards rushing combined the past two weeks. Did quick math. Since Drew Lock took over the Broncos run game has rush to a clip under 3.5 yards per carry...not good at all.

Comment

This FO drafts RBs like they do QBs.

the 2 best RBs all these years weren’t even drafted.

then they draft whiffs like Montee ****ing Ball.

Comment

OL
        OL
        ​​​​​​​OL
        ​​​​​​​OL
        ​​​​​​​OL
        ​​​​​​​OL
        ​​​​​​​OL
        OL
        OL
        ​​​​​​​
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

Is funny cause the best inside run was by Booker today. Yeah, Booker.

Comment

Losing Jano didn’t help either. I’m all for a three-down back, but there’s not one on the team right now, IMO. Riddick would have been interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
              OL
              OL
              OL
              OL
              ​​​​​​​OL
              ​​​​​​​OL
              ​​​​​​​OL
              OL
              OL
              ​​​​​​​
              ​​​​​​​
              No one is saying otherwise retard.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoDarin View Post
                OL
                OL
                OL
                ​​​​​​​OL
                ​​​​​​​OL
                ​​​​​​​OL
                ​​​​​​​OL
                OL
                OL
                ​​​​​​​
                ​​​​​​​
                This. Better play from OL and Jano returning will make all the RBs better. I'm all for adding number at the position in the offseason as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Lol u mad?

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post
                    Losing Jano didn’t help either. I’m all for a three-down back, but there’s not one on the team right now, IMO. Riddick would have been interesting.
                    It’s not even about a three down back to me—a committee is totally fine. It’s about getting more well-rounded back(s) than Lindsay and more talented back(s) than Freeman. We need a back who is a real receiving threat, and a back who can get tough yards. We don’t have either right now.

Comment

Read OP again, OP.

Comment

Lock playing in Gun/Pistol is going to hamper the run game. Growing pains.

Comment

It’s not even about a three down back to me—a committee is totally fine. It’s about getting more well-rounded back(s) than Lindsay and more talented back(s) than Freeman. We need a back who is a real receiving threat, and a back who can get tough yards. We don’t have either right now.
                          That’s what a three-down back brings to the table. If you put guys in based on their strengths, then the offense becomes more predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by Powderaddict View Post

This. Better play from OL and Jano returning will make all the RBs better. I'm all for adding number at the position in the offseason as well.
                            It’s fascinating how some Bronco fans don’t appreciate the value of a back who gets more than just what’s created by the blocking in front of him. It’s like you guys missed the TD years or something.

Comment

Originally posted by qbronco View Post

That’s what a three-down back brings to the table. If you put guys in based on their strengths, then the offense becomes more predictable.
                              That’s a fair point, but I still don’t think committees are inherently a problem. I’d totally love an all-around back who is good at everything though, no doubt.

Comment

Working...
                              X