The NFL 100 nothing but a PR campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The NFL 100 nothing but a PR campaign

Not against who made the list per say,but Shannon Sharpe, & Champ Bailey not making the list irks me. Champ was a true shut down CB & the best at it for his career. It actually angers me they didn’t make the 100.

i saw the rb one, what a bunch of horse****. picked some white boys playing in the 50's. gtfo with that bull****.

Comment

I thought Sharpe would be a cinch. He was a winning player, too. Remember that long TD catch he had for the Ravens against the Raiders in the 2000 AFC Championship Game?

Comment

The roster as has been revealed so far (up to and including centers). The number of players by decade (players qualify for all decades in which they played at least 1 game):

20s: 1
        30s: 4
        40s: 6
        50s: 14
        60s: 31
        70s: 36
        80s: 35
        90s: 23
        00s: 20
        10s: 7

For some reason NFL players were apparantly a lot better right around the time the people who are selecting them started getting into football than at any other time. Somehow Gronk makes it in and Gates does not? The list is a joke.

Comment

I don't care that Champ didn't make the cut. He was a great corner. A HOF corner. But sometimes my fellow Broncos fans act like no one did it better and the fact is the league has had a lot of great ones over the years. But honestly, i couldn't care less about this list or any other ranking list tbh. I'm over people's rankings.

Comment

Darrell revis made it over champ.

Comment

Originally posted by 69bronco View Post
              Darrell revis made it over champ.
              champ stayed on one side of the field , that is why he did not make the list.
              most of champs career he spent being ignored by the o as they just sent their best receivers to the other side of the field.
              Champ lived off his rep for his last 4 years.
              and he did NOT take the #1 receiver every game every play.
              REEVIS always travelled to take on the BEST !

Comment

Originally posted by GoneFishin' View Post
                I don't care that Champ didn't make the cut. He was a great corner. A HOF corner. But sometimes my fellow Broncos fans act like no one did it better and the fact is the league has had a lot of great ones over the years. But honestly, i couldn't care less about this list or any other ranking list tbh. I'm over people's rankings.
                No one is acting as if no one did it better but there’s very few that have for as long as he has.

Comment

Sharpe didn’t change the game like Winslow , Gonzales , Gronk Or even Makey.

winslow was the first TE to be a WR you could line up out wide and he could beat one on ones and have the speed to run past defenders .

i saw both Winslow and Sharpe for their entire careers.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEF LUIGI View Post

champ stayed on one side of the field , that is why he did not make the list.
                    most of champs career he spent being ignored by the o as they just sent their best receivers to the other side of the field.
                    Champ lived off his rep for his last 4 years.
                    and he did NOT take the #1 receiver every game every play.
                    REEVIS always travelled to take on the BEST !
                    Revise is WAY OVERRATED! Revis isn’t even close.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                      Sharpe didn’t change the game like Winslow , Gonzales , Gronk Or even Makey.

winslow was the first TE to be a WR you could line up out wide and he could beat one on ones and have the speed to run past defenders .

i saw both Winslow and Sharpe for their entire careers.
                      Really, how exactly did Gonzales & Gronk change the game?

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post

Really, how exactly did Gonzales & Gronk change the game?
                        The NFL is a matchup league . That’s how I evaluate these players.

Tony was so good they changed the rules because of him according to BB. Also being a former basketball player changed the way teams search the basketball leagues for power forwards . his jumping ability and wing span made him uncover able

gronk was the same way but larger and more physical. He was a man among boys and put the tape on he stood out immediately.

I have no issues with that list even if Sharpe did not make it

I could easily see Champ over Green.
                        Last edited by CEH; 12-14-2019, 08:28 AM.

Comment

No one is acting as if no one did it better but there’s very few that have for as long as he has.
                          You haven't been on twitter then.

Comment

Revise is WAY OVERRATED! Revis isn’t even close.
                            Lol, Revis was a beast for years. There's a reason he had the nickname Revis Island.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post

The NFL is a matchup league . That’s how I evaluate these players.

Tony was so good they changed the rules because of him according to BB. Also being a former basketball player changed the way teams search the basketball leagues for power forwards . his jumping ability and wing span made him uncover able

gronk was the same way but larger and more physical. He was a man among boys and put the tape on he stood out immediately.

I have no issues with that list even if Sharpe did not make it

I could easily see Champ over Green.
                              He was never better than champ.

Comment

Working...
                              X