Paxton Lynch: Elway didn't give me a fair chance in Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post

I recall the Chiefs franchise being historically notorious as retread kings.
    Just how much did the Chefs pay for Matt Cassell? (for the time, it was a lot....elite QB $$).

Comment

Originally posted by Strip Sacked View Post

I recall the Chiefs franchise being historically notorious as retread kings.
      .....I have said many times here, that I can atest to just how bad the retread parade sucks because I watched it proceed through KC for a few decades.

Comment

Originally posted by -Rod- View Post
        Elway did not give Paxton the unfair chance which is starting the QB regardless of merit because he's a 1st-round pick.

The QB does not deserve it, he's not working for it, it's unfair to the other players, but the coach / GM puts the QB on the field anyway. Paxton is showing he still is immature and had a sense of entitlement thinking he would simply play due to draft status. The Raiders did it with Russell, the Browns did it with Manziel. Elway's mistake with Paxton, besides drafting him of course, was changing the offensive system 3 offseasons in-a-row. Paxton came from a simple offense and, combined with his poor work habits, made it hard for him to learn an NFL system - let alone 3.

So, what Paxton is saying is that he should have been the starter no matter how bad he looked every offseason. I do think he should have played a full season as the starter, but it goes back to that unfair opportunity, the privilege of being a 1st-round QB, which is something the organization could have done, but not something the QB should expect or demand when he does not work and can't even earn any respect in the locker room.

The way Broncos players kept telling the local media that Trevor was their guy in 2017 and then kept campaigning for Kirk Cousins in the 2018 offseason, with not 1 single player saying Paxton should be the guy, said a lot about the lack of respect for Paxton among the players.

The mini fire Paxton showed in this interview is something he never showed during his time with the Broncos to make the players and media rally behind him.
        At least Jabba had some serious talent. His ability was almost as astonishing as his girth.

Comment

If his talent was oozing out excessively as he claims I'm sure 31 other teams would have noticed. I guess I should say football talent not his Fortnite talent or whatever other game he is wasting time on.

Comment

He's a casualty of today's pampering system. There's so much smoke blown up their a$$es by the system... when he gets dropped, he never saw it coming. Had someone actually kicked the kid in the a$$ and tell him he's sucking... Might have changed his life for the better.

Comment

paxton is getting more play in the mane then he ever did on the field.
              still crying, however.

Comment

Paxton doesn't have 1/10th Lock's work ethic and it shows.

Comment

Paxton managed to play well in ONE GAME ONLY over the duration of his visit ... a preseason game against his former team the Broncos.

That's about all you need to know.

Comment

Working...
                  X