No announcement yet.

Looking for a new punter - about time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wadman just flat out doesn’t have the leg.
    I'm not sure if we even tried him out before signing him, but it’s obvious he’s got nothing to boot, pun intended.

BTW, any word on the latest punter situation?!

Comment

Originally posted by IndelibleScribe View Post

Special teams players seem to get better once they leave Denver...
      bingo our special teams would improve with a high school coach !
      we piss away punters like the chatgers with RBs !

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post
        Wadman just flat out doesn’t have the leg.
        I'm not sure if we even tried him out before signing him, but it’s obvious he’s got nothing to boot, pun intended.

BTW, any word on the latest punter situation?!
        The tryouts were for next year. Futures contracts. No one will be signed until the unofficial expansion from 53 to 90.

Comment

The tryouts were for next year. Futures contracts. No one will be signed until the unofficial expansion from 53 to 90.
          Holy molly!
          i need to do some catch up.
          The active roster is going to expand to 90 players?!
          How’s that going to affect competition for a roster spot during training camp, and with it I’m assuming the salary cap must also increase proportionally, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post

Well supposedly he’s kicking just fine now. There’s no doubt in my mind they told him to change technique. I don’t believe it’s the reason for his injury like he says. But you could see a difference in his approach between the years at oakland then Denver.
            I suspect the thinking in Dove Valley goes "We're at elevation, so no need to boom kicks, let's just focus on directional kicking/coffin corner" and it messes with the guys' legs (muscle memory) and their mind. We should just live with the occasional touchback instead of having to live with the shank.

Comment

The expansion to 90 is during the off-season leading to mini camps and training camp.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post

Well, Olivo's press conferences were kind of epic and he had experience in politics. So I can buy that he got in a room with that genius Vance Joseph and just blew him away.
                This place loved Olivo despite him being a terrible coach.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

We just loved his press conferences because they were hilarious. Had nothing to do with the quality of his coaching.

Comment

Originally posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post

To be fair we liked him until he proved himself to be a terrible coach. He had the right look, just sucked at the rest of it.

Comment

Originally posted by strafen View Post

Holy molly!
                      i need to do some catch up.
                      The active roster is going to expand to 90 players?!
                      How’s that going to affect competition for a roster spot during training camp, and with it I’m assuming the salary cap must also increase proportionally, right?
                      Only the top 51 contracts count against the cap...it's part of the reason I say the cap is largely fictional since you can manipulate it to fit whomever you wish to fit under it.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

We just loved his press conferences because they were hilarious. Had nothing to do with the quality of his coaching.
                        Like the RYAN family of no talent assclowns !

Comment

Working...
                        X