Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoff Scenarios

Merry Christmas jerks!

Not even my team but I like running numbers on this stuff.

Broncos playoff possibilities:

With KC's win at New England, Denvers extremely slim hopes at a divsion title are now gone. KC has clinched the west.

Denver can still earn a wild card if the following happen.

1. Denver must WIN OUT. AND the following must be true.

2. No other teams in the AFC that do not have 9 wins today, can get to 9. That means the Steelers must lose out. It's possible. They have Buffalo at home, @Jets and @Ravens. ONE of Houston or Tennesee must lose out. Denver has head to head tie breakers on both. Both have 8 wins. They both play each other twice in the next 3 weeks. Denver wold need one of those teams to sweep. Basically they play each other this week. Whoever wins, you need to root for the other team to keep losing. Oakland needs one more loss, but Denver can handle that head to head. Cleveland would need one loss out of @Arizona, Vs Ravens and Vs Cincinnatti. Thats probable. The Colts need to lose one more. They have @Saints, VS Carolina, and VS JAX. Thats probable.

Here is what Houston has left. @TEN, @TAMPA, VS TEN.
    Here is what TEN has left. VS HOU, VS Saints, @ HOU.

It's still a long shot. Going to be moot after Sunday anyhow...but here ya go!

....for those interested

KC can still get the 1 seed IF:

KC finishes tied or ahead of BAL AND NE. KC gets the 1 in a three way tie. This would most likely involve KC having to win out and a NE loss @ Cincy, VS Buf, or Vs Mia. Bal would need two losses from among VS Jets, @ CLE, and VS PIT.

KC can still get 2 seed IF, NE or BAL secures 1 and KC finishes tied or ahead of EITHER BAL, or NE.

KC Currently in the 3 seed, will keep that if they can not catch BAL or NE, AND finish 1 full game ahead of AFC south winner

KC gets 4th if finishing tied or worse with AFC south winner.

Click image for larger version

Name:	lombardi-trophy.png?itok=It6lJYjA.png
Views:	407
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	2533770

Comment

Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

Name:	lombardi-trophy.png?itok=It6lJYjA.png
Views:	407
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	2533770
      Will look good next to the one we've had for a zillion years and counting .......

Comment

Neither the Broncos or Chiefs will win the Super Bowl. That's all that matters.

Comment

I’m more intrigued to see If Buffalo can close out a game Sunday and lock in a berth early...

Comment

Originally posted by Zerovoltz View Post

Will look good next to the one we've had for a zillion years and counting .......
            not gonna happen this year. or next. or the next after that.........

Comment

Hey, I appreciate the fact that my Mahomes vs. Lock thread was linked on ChefsPlanet within about five minutes. I wish we didn't have posters from here who feel the need to jump in and throw a wet blanket on it. It could provide some good times this week.

Comment

Name:	download.jpg
Views:	366
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	2533828

Comment

**** you

Comment

Originally posted by yerner View Post
                    **** you
                    Not very holiday seasonly of you Yerner. .....besides....haven't you heard the good news? Denver has found it's new lord and savior, Drew Lock.

Comment

Not very holiday seasonly of you Yerner. .....besides....haven't you heard the good news? Denver has found it's new lord and savior, Drew Lock.
                      You better hope Cindy didn't catch any of the game, or else she might have found a new lord and savior too!!! 🀣

Comment

Originally posted by Mile High Salute View Post

You better hope Cindy didn't catch any of the game, or else she might have found a new lord and savior too!!! 🀣

Comment

Interesting way of setting up a troll thread. The thing about this upcoming game is that a chiefs win eliminates the broncos from playoff contention. Nothing more appealing for zerobrains than for KC to be the team that knocks Denver out of the playoff contention.

Comment

Originally posted by peacepipe View Post
                            Interesting way of setting up a troll thread. The thing about this upcoming game is that a chiefs win eliminates the broncos from playoff contention. Nothing more appealing for zerobrains than for KC to be the team that knocks Denver out of the playoff contention.
                            Come on Peacepipe.....I've been here long enough and posted enough here that you should know that I don't want Denver to be a 5-11 football team...I've said it a number of times....I want you all 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 and making it in every single year! Only to lose every single year. 5-11 seasons over and over, you just get numb and wait until the team does something to get you back.....that sucks, but it isn't really suffering like getting to the tournament every year....many of those years thinking you have a shot...only to get gut punched over and over...that is where the real pain is.....you had some of that in 80's but not like KC in the 90's and 2000's being 1 and done all those times with 13-3 teams etc etc.

Knocking you out of playoff contention really isn't going to matter to me....I'd like for KC to win and Denver to lose....Denver was realisically knocked out of the playoffs when KC won in Denver for all intents and purposes.

.....really I just want a super bowl....This isn't a super bowl.

Comment

Come on Peacepipe.....I've been here long enough and posted enough here that you should know that I don't want Denver to be a 5-11 football team...I've said it a number of times....I want you all 8-8, 9-7, 10-6 and making it in every single year! Only to lose every single year. 5-11 seasons over and over, you just get numb and wait until the team does something to get you back.....that sucks, but it isn't really suffering like getting to the tournament every year....many of those years thinking you have a shot...only to get gut punched over and over...that is where the real pain is.....you had some of that in 80's but not like KC in the 90's and 2000's being 1 and done all those times with 13-3 teams etc etc.

Knocking you out of playoff contention really isn't going to matter to me....I'd like for KC to win and Denver to lose....Denver was realisically knocked out of the playoffs when KC won in Denver for all intents and purposes.

.....really I just want a super bowl....This isn't a super bowl.
                              BS. Considering the rivalry it’s exactly what you want.

Comment

Working...
                              X