Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choose your franchise centerpiece: Drew Lock, or Patrick Mahomes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RockyMountainOyster View Post

I still remember that time that he completed 71% of his passes for 450 yards and 3 TDs in Nashville. Or when he broke the Patriots' 21-game winning streak in Foxboro.

Alas, those were the days.....
    You choose the Patriots game to bolster your argument? His performance was pedestrian in that game. And the headlines for the game were about the crappy officiating, and how the Chefs were basically gifted the win.

It's ironic. I would have referenced the same game as an example of how Mahomes has regressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by DomCasual View Post

You choose the Patriots game to bolster your argument? His performance was pedestrian in that game. And the headlines for the game were about the crappy officiating, and how the Chefs were basically gifted the win.

It's ironic. I would have referenced the same game as an example of how Mahomes has regressed.
      But NASHVILLE! Epic juggernaut TT.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Hey, he might rebound into a poor man's Tannehill or something here in a couple years. Reid probably won't have the patience though and will move on.
        Poor mans tannehill but only if he learns to throw from the pocket. Thinking more of a jake Plummer like journeyman.

Comment

I see your point. I mean, despite the fact that he threw for more yards than any NE opponent this season, home or away--and also more than 100 above their per game average--it wasn't up to Mahomes' godly standards. Thank you for reminding me to keep my standards high. After all, we're not talking about this new guy in Denver, for which everyone broke out the champagne in celebration of his 134-yd debut masterpiece.

Comment

• Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

Poor mans tannehill but only if he learns to throw from the pocket. Thinking more of a jake Plummer like journeyman.
            He does like to lose AFC Championships.... maybe a better fit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samiwindr View Post
              I feel bad for Chiefs fans. Mahomes looked like a legitimate star QB. I wonder how long this slump will continue? Maybe Reid is actually ruining his career?

Does it bother Chiefs fans that they have no historic signature plays or drives (like the Drive, the catch, etc). They basically have a boomer era Superbowl and a racist hand gesture/chant to hang their hat on. SAD!
              They have the lots of signature games/plays but they all happened for the teams they were playing.

Some of my favorites:

Fake kick Fail - Divisional round AT HOME vs the 1997 Broncos they lose a close game.
              Missed Kick 1 - 1991 Wild Card loss at home after up 16-3 lost 16-17 after Lowery misses a 52 yard kick.
              Missed Kick(S) 2 - 1995 Divisonal loss 7-10, Linn Elloit missed 3 FG's.
              Colts Choke - 2013 WC Game up 38-10 with 13:45 to go in the 3rd they lost 41 45
              QB to QB TD! - 2018 WC HOME GAME loss to a now benched Marcus Marriotta. Leading 21-3 at the half they lost 21-22.
              Colts choke 3.0 - 2006 Chiefs fail to get a 1st down until deep into the 3rd quarter lost 7-23 vs a Colts D that struggled to stop the run all year.

Comment

• If the Chiefs were smart they'd convert kermie into a TE like Denver should've done with Tebow.

Comment

• I think we can have a serious discussion about Mahomes' diminishing potential without tarnishing the good name of Jake Plummer, guys.

Comment

let's not kid ourselves, rain, wind, severely bruised hand, the top rated PASS defense in the NFL, hello ?
                    the bugggar crew will NEVER be back, but the cheifs did play well all be it with some striped assistance.
                    Yes that is the story of the game !
                    mahomes is the real deal, I just continue to remind others that pass happy reid hangs around his neck like an albatross, therefore his ship and crew are doomed to never reach their fantasy island of another SB !

Comment

• MVP season versus two good games. Wow only the OM could go with this thread so early. I really hope Lock is everything his talent says he can be, but way to early to anoint him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
                        MVP season versus two good games. Wow only the OM could go with this thread so early. I really hope Lock is everything his talent says he can be, but way to early to anoint him.
                        You went full Chef.

Never go full Chef.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shananahan View Post
                          I think we can have a serious discussion about Mahomes' diminishing potential without tarnishing the good name of Jake Plummer, guys.
                          We're talking quit on it all middle finger Jake, not walking bootleg, reinvigorate a franchise Jake. Two different guys essentially, Mahomes leaning towards the former.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Bronco View Post
                            MVP season versus two good games. Wow only the OM could go with this thread so early. I really hope Lock is everything his talent says he can be, but way to early to anoint him.
                            Lmao. The litmus test rolls on.

Comment

I think we can have a serious discussion about Mahomes' diminishing potential without tarnishing the good name of Jake Plummer, guys.
                              Mahomes will never be half the handball player that Jake is, I can tell you that.

Comment

I said "Jake Plummer like journeyman" Mahomes could never live up to the snakes on field performance.

Comment

Working...
                                X