Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Build on defense as our strength, Drew Lock is our equalizer in division.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Build on defense as our strength, Drew Lock is our equalizer in division.

I love Drew Lock, you kinda just know when you see him play he has that sense of urgency, the fire, the swagger, the vision and most importantly the cannon to fit into spots for easy looking throws. Just get him another WR and some studs on the OL. This is a good football that caught a lot of bad breaks and how to deal with Flaccos bs.

I love our safeties we need to keep them together forever I want Kareem to retire a bronco as well as Justin Simmons, he has to be our main priority on extending.

DL is becoming really good, don’t need too much there except a true beast nose tackle but DEs are pretty damn good with Harris and Jones/Wolfe we got good depth there too.

ILB I personally think is fine the way it is. CB is where we need to focus on the most in the draft and free agency, would love to see CHJ back after getting Simmons locked up but the rest on our active roster aren’t really starters.

OLB is easily our most solid position no worry or concern there.

————

TLDR

Lock is the future, we should be in the playoff hunt let’s close the gap next year let’s keep defense as our strength.

Draft priority: CB, OL, NT, WR

I’d prefer to be good in all phases. That’s the best way to win a Super Bowl.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinJames View Post
      I love Drew Lock, you kinda just know when you see him play he has that sense of urgency, the fire, the swagger, the vision and most importantly the cannon to fit into spots for easy looking throws. Just get him another WR and some studs on the OL. This is a good football that caught a lot of bad breaks and how to deal with Flaccos bs.

I love our safeties we need to keep them together forever I want Kareem to retire a bronco as well as Justin Simmons, he has to be our main priority on extending.

DL is becoming really good, don’t need too much there except a true beast nose tackle but DEs are pretty damn good with Harris and Jones/Wolfe we got good depth there too.

ILB I personally think is fine the way it is. CB is where we need to focus on the most in the draft and free agency, would love to see CHJ back after getting Simmons locked up but the rest on our active roster aren’t really starters.

OLB is easily our most solid position no worry or concern there.

————

TLDR

Lock is the future, we should be in the playoff hunt let’s close the gap next year let’s keep defense as our strength.

Draft priority: CB, OL, NT, WR
      I wonder if the best lineup in the defensive backfield next year might not be: CB Callahan, Jackson, S Simmons, Parks. Assuming, of course, that CHJ is gone.

Comment

If Lock does pan out as the the Franchise level QB we all hope him to be, it will place us in a very strong position come the 2020 NFL draft. Yes, the Broncos have some needs at CB, Interior Line Backer, Offensive Line, and some WR depth. But, I think that we currently have enough flexibility at those positions that we can simply take BPA in each of the first 3 rounds without worrying as much about them being a position of need.

Comment

Originally posted by manchambo View Post

I wonder if the best lineup in the defensive backfield next year might not be: CB Callahan, Jackson, S Simmons, Parks. Assuming, of course, that CHJ is gone.
          Jackson is much better at safety. Also Simmons and Parks are both free agents. They’ll probably tag Simmons and try to work out a long-term deal, but I expect Parks to go somewhere else where he can potentially start.

Comment

6 picks in first 4 rounds. half of those have to be starters and one has to replace Hamilton with speed.

Comment

https://nfltraderumors.co/2020-nfl-free-agent-list/

This is the prospective 2020 free agent list. Pick some guys from it and tell me who can fill those gaps.

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post
                I’d prefer to be good in all phases. That’s the best way to win a Super Bowl.
                3 phases, complimentary football.
                If as the OP contends, our strength is our D then we first and foremost need a great PUNTER on ST, and a rock solid FG team.
                shall we elaborate on kick coverage and return opportunities...
                run game...
                play action passing
                favorable formations.
                locks strength and weaknesses
                it is all so simple until you realize that it isn't

there is hardly any time to worry about who to fire next !

Comment

Originally posted by Agamemnon View Post

Jackson is much better at safety. Also Simmons and Parks are both free agents. They’ll probably tag Simmons and try to work out a long-term deal, but I expect Parks to go somewhere else where he can potentially start.
                  agreed. I don't know how good Jackson is at CB BUT he is awesome at Safety. No need to change that.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

agreed. I don't know how good Jackson is at CB BUT he is awesome at Safety. No need to change that.
                    He’s pretty mediocre at CB.

Comment

Why don't we assume Fangio and guys know the defensive side. Everyone was worried TJack at safety and the guy is a stud. Munchack knows Olineman. Pretty sure any of us can draft a WR with speed . We're in good hands building the team if the QB is set.

Comment

Originally posted by CEH View Post
                        Why don't we assume Fangio and guys know the defensive side. Everyone was worried TJack at safety and the guy is a stud. Munchack knows Olineman. Pretty sure any of us can draft a WR with speed . We're in good hands building the team if the QB is set.
                        John Elway knows how to build a team.

Comment

that lame ass risner did not catch a single ball.
                          all he does is block, block, block.

Comment

Originally posted by v2micca View Post
                            If Lock does pan out as the the Franchise level QB we all hope him to be, it will place us in a very strong position come the 2020 NFL draft. Yes, the Broncos have some needs at CB, Interior Line Backer, Offensive Line, and some WR depth. But, I think that we currently have enough flexibility at those positions that we can simply take BPA in each of the first 3 rounds without worrying as much about them being a position of need.
                            We don’t have any flexibility @ Oline. The first 3 picks should be Oline ILB & CB & in that order.

Comment

I think we need to rebuild/replace what may be outgoing on D:

CB/Strap Harris
                              DE/Wolfe
                              ILB-Someone who can neutralize a guy like Kelce and, to lesser extent, Henry et al.

LT/Bolles needs to be moved inside or replaced by an elite LT. If he remains on roster, it should be as a backup.
                              WR/need a devastating slot guy a la Welker/Edelman who can move chains.

Luxury Item: A running back. A guy like Kenyan Drake will be out there in FA, I believe. He's in his 4th year but MIA has not used the guy to any extent. No need to break the bank here but running game is undependable right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X