Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Ryan Tannehill proving how much coaching makes a difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsmoot View Post

Not discounting coaching matters. You are painting with too wide a brush. It can be a significant factor and in other situations it isn't a primary factor. It can be talent around you, too many FO changes (coaches), injury, your personal motivation, etc. There are a number more.
    I get what your saying and i agree its all part of a giant painting.

A talented roster means less when you have poor coaching. look at the 2019 Browns and the Greatest team on paper Eagles from like 10 years ago.

Great coaches always seem to win no matter what. this is why there is the notion of system players.

Comment

Originally posted by jmz313 View Post

I get what your saying and i agree its all part of a giant painting.

A talented roster means less when you have poor coaching. look at the 2019 Browns and the Greatest team on paper Eagles from like 10 years ago.

Great coaches always seem to win no matter what. this is why there is the notion of system players.
      It is also about ownership. Jerry Jones is an interesting example. Plenty of success early on. The fact is though Jimmy Johnson was the voice of that franchise and that did not sit well with Jones. I mean he bragged that he fired Johnson, which did not exactly make him look good considering Johnson had just come off his second super bowl.

I say all of that cause I think it is rather imperative that there is one unified clear message, and that really should come from the head coach. If the players lose respect for a coach cause they seem as nothing more than a puppet without his own voice, the franchise will not win.

Is Robert Kraft the voice of the Pats? Do the players see Belichick as a puppet without a voice like the players on the Cowboys look at Garrett?

It is amazing how well a player performs for a coach when the player has high respect for that coach.

Comment

Working...
      X