Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much is Ryan Tannehill proving how much coaching makes a difference?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=13277934.gif
Views:	164
Size:	4.30 MB
ID:	2533490

    Comment


    • #17
      It is truly amazing, the mental side of sports. There are many examples of backup QBs coming in and all of a sudden becoming dynamic. I am guessing they don't have the burden of expectations and so come in with a calm clearer mind. Clearer minds slows the game down and poise, which is far more important than people may think, is what they play with.

      This could be a case of that. How many backups have come in and become just great careers? Ok, Tom Brady is one.

      Nick Foles comes to mind.
      Ryan Fitzpatrick is a clear example.

      We can probably name a bunch more. I will hold off on Tannehill until I see him perform when that gorilla of expectations is foisted on his back again.
      Last edited by Broncoblood32; 12-09-2019, 01:49 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Miami did a **** job of helping the guy when he was there, and he also had a lot of injuries. He’d probably not be doing nearly as good if he was still at Miami rather than with the Titans. What I don’t understand about the Dolphins is that it looked like they were wanting to tank for a QB when they let Tannehill go, only to start winning meaningless games and hand Burrow to the Bengals.

        Comment


        • #19

          Comment


          • #20
            https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...ctice-are-just

            Miami is a black hole but I could never root for this clown.

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Drunken.Broncoholic2 View Post
              It’s always been about health more so than skill for Tannehill. The guy can ball out. But has to be healthy to do it.

              He’s going to get a nice contract.
              Or he could be a Foles type, where he looks brilliant in short stretches.

              Comment


              • #22
                If I'm the Titans, I'm either franchising him or trying to get him on a deal I can get out of in 2021.

                Comment


                • #23
                  I think this highlights a number of things, in no particular order: the long learning curve of the QB position, the danger of doing statistics on a small data sample, the replacement-effect (When a coach or player is basically unknown and opposition teams do not know what to expect and how to attack).

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Aztec Bronco View Post
                    https://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...ctice-are-just

                    Miami is a black hole but I could never root for this clown.
                    I heard stuff like that here. It would probably surprise people how many QBs have been arrogant idiots. Even to teammates. Greg Jennings had some interesting things to say about Aaron Rodgers and I have had a bad opinion about him since hearing how he treats his own family. Almost like the Patrick Reed of football.

                    Dan Marino had a horrible reputation believe it or not and you can add Jim Kelly to that list. Elway came in as arrogant and spoiled as anyone in the history of the league.

                    It is easy to not like or cheer for a jack wagon like Tannehill or a cutler type.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

                      I heard stuff like that here. It would probably surprise people how many QBs have been arrogant idiots. Even to teammates. Greg Jennings had some interesting things to say about Aaron Rodgers and I have had a bad opinion about him since hearing how he treats his own family. Almost like the Patrick Reed of football.

                      Dan Marino had a horrible reputation believe it or not and you can add Jim Kelly to that list. Elway came in as arrogant and spoiled as anyone in the history of the league.

                      It is easy to not like or cheer for a jack wagon like Tannehill or a cutler type.
                      Brett Favre always seemed like a cool guy.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I never thought tanny was all that. Still dont. But it's fun to see him balling right now.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by FlaBroncosFan View Post

                          Brett Favre always seemed like a cool guy.
                          Oh, there were good guys too. No doubt. I have met and actually played golf with Joe Namath. Granted, his stats were not great and probably the most overrated person in the hall or whatever, but he is actually a really good person. Very humble. loves talking football, and has a memory like a steal trap. No doubt when he passes there will be an autopsy and cte will be discovered.

                          Anyway, pretty sure QBs like Montana and Staubach and Bradshaw were good people too.

                          All of that proves is you can be very confident and not arrogant. Humility, unlike how the world teaches it, is not timid. It is actually the purest form of confidence. Btw, not for nothing but Lamar Jackson is displaying a lot of humility too. Elway probably needed to get kicked off his high horse a little and he certainly did when getting humiliated in those 3 SB losses.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by jmz313 View Post
                            Coaching matters. its the most important thing for a player.
                            Not discounting coaching matters. You are painting with too wide a brush. It can be a significant factor and in other situations it isn't a primary factor. It can be talent around you, too many FO changes (coaches), injury, your personal motivation, etc. There are a number more.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Broncoblood32 View Post

                              Oh, there were good guys too. No doubt. I have met and actually played golf with Joe Namath. Granted, his stats were not great and probably the most overrated person in the hall or whatever, but he is actually a really good person. Very humble. loves talking football, and has a memory like a steal trap. No doubt when he passes there will be an autopsy and cte will be discovered.

                              Anyway, pretty sure QBs like Montana and Staubach and Bradshaw were good people too.

                              All of that proves is you can be very confident and not arrogant. Humility, unlike how the world teaches it, is not timid. It is actually the purest form of confidence. Btw, not for nothing but Lamar Jackson is displaying a lot of humility too. Elway probably needed to get kicked off his high horse a little and he certainly did when getting humiliated in those 3 SB losses.
                              That’s awesome that you had the opportunity to play golf with Namath. He always seemed like a guy that would be fun to drink a couple beers with. I bet he has some good stories.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                I hope he succeeds with the Titans. Would be awesome to see the, knock the Chiefs out again this year. I hope Trevor Siemian gets another shot and makes something of it too. The skittles jacket alone made him awesome. Players I don’t want to succeed - AB, L Bell, Burfict, Kareem Hunt, Reek, Talib. Would prefer no one like this ever plays for the Broncos. Never wanted Romanowski on our team either.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X